Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 09:21 PM   #31
badasstour
AF Enthusiast

Re: My F-150.... Should have bought somthing else

my sisters boyfriend goes to wyotech for diesel mech and his dad is one of the instructors in the diesel class and they both said that cummings is built by ford and dodge is losing the contract with the cummings diesel and yes chevy trucks are the weakest link in the heavy duty due to the frames and there type of ifs and with the entire drive train
badasstour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 08:56 PM   #32
badassfocus1101
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to badassfocus1101 Send a message via AIM to badassfocus1101 Send a message via Yahoo to badassfocus1101

i wouldn't own a new powerstroke if you gave me one... IMHO the new 6.0L diesel is nothing but problems from what i've seen and heard... sticky injector leaks diesel fuel past the rings and thins the oil and wipes out the whole bottom end... mains and rods. junk. only "ford" diesel i'd own is an old 7.3 or a 6.9... because they seem to be worth while. there's nothing wrong with a duramax or a cummins for that matter. and once again, IMHO.... the cummins would out-last ANY diesel motor in ANY other truck as to the brand war... i guess its just a matter of preference. in my experiences ford 150 series pickups ARE some of the longest-lasting trucks on the road with very little problems. you'll get tired of driving them before they wear out. lol. but then again it can go both ways. as to the point of this post... my buddy (who's name i'm using) does the EXACT same thing. great oil pressure when its cold, warms up, needle bottoms out and check engine light comes on and stays on and needle stays buried. hope we're not too late to save the motor. guess while we're doing a clutch we might as well rip the rest of it apart, do the rods and mains, and the oil pump.
badassfocus1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:02 PM   #33
badassfocus1101
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to badassfocus1101 Send a message via AIM to badassfocus1101 Send a message via Yahoo to badassfocus1101
Re: Re: My F-150.... Should have bought somthing else

Quote:
Originally Posted by badasstour
my sisters boyfriend goes to wyotech for diesel mech and his dad is one of the instructors in the diesel class and they both said that cummings is built by ford and dodge is losing the contract with the cummings diesel and yes chevy trucks are the weakest link in the heavy duty due to the frames and there type of ifs and with the entire drive train

and FYI .. its cummins, not CUMMINGS. check it out sometime. www.cummins.com they make anything from tractor engines ... to semi engines ... to mining equipment engines.. .marine... you name it. the cummins block used in the dodge pickups weighs approx 1100lbs in full trim. durable ? i think so. there is talk of dodge, being owned by daimler chrysler... a german based company... using a mercedes-benz built diesel in their pickups. i've worked on a TON of chevys and their frame is not the weak link a 1 ton chevy pickup is built just as well as any other pickup out there... and will ride a hell of a lot better than a ford or dodge... due to the independant front end. as far as engines go, the dmax seems to be a good motor, other than suffering from faulty injectors and such. i hauled many a load with a dmax with no problems. and more FYI new dodge pickups use the same rear ends as chevy. they're made by american axle corp.
badassfocus1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:26 PM   #34
badasstour
AF Enthusiast

what about the tranny in both dodge and chevy and chevy t-case there take a crap under 20000 miles so what the hell
Old 10-29-2005, 07:40 PM   #35
BigBlack93Bronco
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to BigBlack93Bronco

All I have ever owned are Fords and I love them! And with ANYTHING YOU BUY you are going to have to fix it sooner or later, that comes with something that has over a thousand moving parts...and anyone who slams FORDS are just jeolous that they don't have one too! I love my Ford!!!
BigBlack93Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:46 PM   #36
badasstour
AF Enthusiast

yea if you want a car ride in a truck its not a tough truck if it rides like a car chevy suck ass peices of shit and the only bad thing about dodge is the auto tranny weak as fuck
Old 12-07-2005, 07:21 AM   #37
Acidbath
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Acidbath Send a message via Yahoo to Acidbath
Re: Re: Re: Re: My F-150.... Should have bought somthing else

[..
Acidbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:01 AM   #38
Hapynzap
AF Regular

Buy a superchips microtuner. Get better performance and you can play around with setting the shift points.
Hapynzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:11 AM   #39
truck150
AF Newbie

it is pretty sad that you chevy owner are dogging fords. for your information your chevys have a little ford in them . ford and chevy share the new trans in the diesels and if i am not mistaken they also worked togather onthe engines too. it is all a preferance to be honest all makes are shit because they are made by humans. if you like chevys or dodge stay in your forum cause we ford oners do want to hear your shit we are asking other ford onwer questions so grow up and get a life!!!!!!!
truck150 is offline   Reply With Quote