Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 04:59 PM   #16
jwaj2002
AF Regular

Re: A Pontiac Grand AM GT to a tC?

tc, the estimated mpg is likely to be way of my xb gets 40 mpg and Its no where near broken in, the tc comes with power doors, windows mirrors, traction control, the sound system, glass roof, and a whole lot more stuff I need not mention, from the factory, sure you may have to wait a little while to get it, and if your picky your wait might be longer, but you get 3+ free oil changes, if you get the 100,000 mile 7 year warranty you have a disappearing $50 deductible, something you won't find chevy ever doing, as they like to rape their customer's wallets, you get 100,000 mile, the best on the market, spark plugs, goodyear, non eagle tires, and its got the reliability of any toyota, which, if you do a little research IS AN AMERICAN CAR! as for them it is cheaper to make the cars here, and ship the ones they sell back over seas then it is the other way, scion is the only acception, they are made in Japan, but due to the way they are made, 99% of the problems are ever caught before the car makes it off the line, every 3-6 months the factories switch workers, so the ones making tc's make xa's or xb's and so on, and if you go to www.scion.com you can basicly build the scion tc you want, they come well loaded from the factory, gm sucks, as does ford, the only "american" car company I will ever buy from is dodge, toyota makes a damn good car, and its very hard to beat, the xa's, xb's and tc's are out selling every other car on the road
jwaj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 05:43 PM   #17
DigitalQuirk
AF Regular

Quote:
tc, the estimated mpg is likely to be way of my xb gets 40 mpg and Its no where near broken in
The tC has an entirely different (and larger) engine, so why would you make such an assumption? One thing I have learned by visiting this forum is that Scion owners are well versed in talking out of their arses.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:23 PM   #18
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to TheQuietThings
Re: Re: A Pontiac Grand AM GT to a tC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalQuirk
The tC has an entirely different (and larger) engine, so why would you make such an assumption? One thing I have learned by visiting this forum is that Scion owners are well versed in talking out of their arses.
scion owners are just very proud
Old 10-17-2005, 12:12 PM   #19
DigitalQuirk
AF Regular

Being proud of the things you own rather than of the deeds you and things you accomplish do speaks volumes about your character...or the lack of it.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:37 PM   #20
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to TheQuietThings

Quote:
Being proud of the things you own rather than of the deeds you and things you accomplish do speaks volumes about your character...or the lack of it.
oh boy can you just give it up
you want to talk about character...
you are arguing about cars on an internet forum...
i dont even know why im wasting my time replying to such a piece of shit
Old 10-17-2005, 11:44 PM   #21
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Just because they're material possessions doesn't mean you can't be proud of them. For example, i saved up, and and took some time to research about a car. I got an accord, i'm proud of my accord in the sense that i got something exactly the way i wanted it. But being proud about things you own and boasting about things you own blindly and arrogantly is another story.
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:31 AM   #22
DigitalQuirk
AF Regular

Turning down the lure of credit, financing, and instant gratification to demonstrate the discipline it takes to save up ones money to make a major purchase like a car is certainly something to be proud of; but in that case, it doesn't matter which make, model, or class of car you bought. Anyone can *buy* a car, especially one that costs less than $20k new. Actually owning a car outright and having paid for everything yourself, that's where pride and respect come from. Unless, of course, you're arrogant enough to believe that your car is better than cars in higher classes. But then again, people who are disciplined enough to save up for and buy their cars are usually humble enough to realize that if their car is a compact economy grocery getter, that nearly every automobile manufacturer does build better cars in higher classes today.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:02 PM   #23
jwaj2002
AF Regular

yea, theres also another thing... I know with some guys that first vehicle, whether they bought it, or it was left to them, they will 9 times out of 10 be more proud of that one vehicle then any other, even if its a rusted out piece of junk, atleast I am proud of my old truck
jwaj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > General Discussion