Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 01:46 PM   #16
ScionicXTC
AF Newbie

Re: Everyone paying MSRP for Scions?

dealerships are able to go above or below the MSRP... Pure Pricing means that they have to sell it for what they sell all their cars for and as advertised. If they say they'll sell a tC for $500 less than MSRP, they have to sell them all for that price & that's what's not negotiable...
That being said, some dealerships will mark down the xAs and xBs at the end of the year to make room for the new models. Don't expect this to happen for the tCs though since many dealerships still have waiting lists. Also, don't expect any huge discounts for the other models... There just isn't much room for them to budge and still make money selling Scions
Old 04-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #17
Hybrid93Hatch
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hybrid93Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid93Hatch
I went to one Toyota dealership who will not budge on the MSRP (sticker price). The dealer also said I will NOT find a dealer who will come off the sticker price. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck saving some money. If this is true that I have to pay MSRP I'm going to try and get the ($500) destination charge reduced.

Thanks for any comments!!

PS <> I'm looking to get an Xa (only option I want are Auto / floor mats)

Who would of thought 9 months later.....

Ended up buying an xB
Sold the xB

PAID OFF ALL MY DEBT!!

Bought an EK hatch
Buying a GSR motor for the EK next week
Looking to buy an EG hatch to join the EK

BACK IN DEBT......

....K swap going in the EG
Old 05-04-2005, 06:35 PM   #18
Kylee2003
AF Newbie

Scion tC

I just bought a Scion tC yesterday and added a pedestrial spoiler and the total came to $18,077 which is pretty good. The dealers can NOT come down on the price. Thats why they make scions so cheap! Plus the dealers will lose their license.
Kylee2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:22 AM   #19
nate2085
AF Newbie

yeh it's the whole "pure price" thing. I ordered my tC a few days ago and i walked in, knew exactly what i wanted (from building it on scion.com) and said "this is what i want". The price i wrote down on my paper is the exact same price he came up with as well. I love the pure pricing because i know i won't have to struggle with 2 dealers to see who will give me the better price.

I then said "i want the body kit" and he (yes..the salesman) said "save yourself a thousand bucks, look at the body kit and look at this one with out the body kit.. there isn't much difference". So, i looked for a good 10 minutes and realized he was right, and he saved me $1,000. So, he wasn't pushing additional accessories on me to make him more money. he was trying to save me money. That, i appreciated very much.
nate2085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:59 PM   #20
Mutinyno9
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Mutinyno9

I work at scion as a salesman and yeah, you won't find anyone going to sell under MSRP because of dealers selling the scion with "Pure Price".
Mutinyno9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:41 PM   #21
jwaj2002
AF Regular

I am buying a scion Xb they wouldn't come down on the price infact the first salesman was a real a** about it and kept saying and I swear to you every other thing that came out of his mouth was this "no deals" the second one, and the one I bought from, said it once, I'm getting on option cruise control, cause I can personally get the other stuff for a quarter of what their asking, however I didn't know anything other then the fact that I was getting an xb manual with cruise control, didn't know when I was getting it or anything

the next day they gave me THEIR xb to drive until mine came in due to my trading a car in, I also found out its the dark blue colored one, which I didn't much care for but I don't feel like waiting the minimum 2 months for a different color, their are people that have been waiting for their's since last january, because they wanted a certain color with certain parts, and yes they have been paying for a car they haven't had this entire time, that is the really shitty thing, you are paying for the car here atleast, before you ever get it... then again by the time you get it you've already paid a good chunk of the price of it off, mine is costing I think 17,600 or around that, I got gap insurance and the extended warranty, due to my grandparents(co-signers) telling me I needed it
jwaj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:37 PM   #22
Hollowcreek
AF Regular

Scion calls its pricing "Integrity Based" and the dealer is obliged to charge it, no haggling. Saturn used to do it too but I'm not sure they still do.
All company approved Scion pricing (including most accessories) and interest rates for financing are listed plainly on the Scion website(not the dealer's website). You should not have to pay a penny more than what is listed, if you don't want to.
My Daughter just bought a '06 xB and paid exactly to the penny what the website said, including the monthly payment calculation. Her xB with auto and all available options without special ordering and no accessories came to $15,600. She did purchase an extended service plan for an additional $15 per month to cover it out to 75K. She also got a little above blue book for her trade.
The Business manager explained that any dealer add ons are optional (like sealants and any of that crap that they add to Toyotas to jack up the price and build dealer margin) and they are discouraged from even offering them and they are definitely not supposed to install them before the car is sold.
All in all it was the most hassle free sales experience I have ever witnessed. The funny part was sitting in the Toyota dealership waiting to sign the papers and watching and listening to the same salesman that sold her the Scion putting the screws to some poor jerk buying a Corolla (This one has clear coar sir...Yada Yada).
Hollowcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #23
jwaj2002
AF Regular

wish I had done that, I'm paying 17,600 for mine, and the only option I got was cruise, but I got the extended warranty 100k miles, and gap insurance, those two items added 2k to the price
Old 10-26-2005, 04:50 PM   #24
Hollowcreek
AF Regular

That comes out almost the same. If you add the $1400 for the 75k service plan it came to just over $17,000, the only real difference is the cruise control, which she did not want.
Hollowcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:20 PM   #25
jwaj2002
AF Regular

I also got my sales tax finance, but cruise was the only option I got, other then that mine is the bottom level model, it would have cost over 4 or 5k to get the rest of the options
Old 02-27-2006, 07:01 PM   #26
DenkiGroove
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DenkiGroove

I am picking up my xb here in a few weeks. Just doing a bit more research. I guess the dealer wasn't lying when he said he couldn't make any deals? I live in ohio and we now have a 7% sales tax/rape. My xb is mostly stock 5 speed with a cargo cover (I've heard bad things about), floor mats, and the rear bumper thing which appears to have holes in it!? The car totals out at 14,803 which is the same thing I got off the web site. The dealer is throwing on cruise for $349 and the grand total after taxes title etc is 16,268. My biggest complaint is the 1060.64 I'll be paying in taxes. Boo hoo! Not a bad price I'd say although I am still looking at a corolla (yawn) and a matrix which might end up being out of my price range.
DenkiGroove is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > General Discussion