Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 06:40 AM   #31
Toy Man
AF Premium User

Springs

Quote:
Toy Man, just a couple comments. The 3 AAL was not designed to "repair" flattened out stock springs. If they were, you wouldn't be able to put them on a new set of springs as the lift would be extreme. My suggestion to people that have flattened springs would be to replace them (as I did) prior to installing the 3 AAL.
Craig - slight mis-understanding. I installed the SLR stock replacement spring pack, not the AAL's. I may have to try the Bilstein's instead of the Rancho's.

Thanks for the input.
Toy Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 10:01 AM   #32
Craigs_Tonka
AF Regular

AHHH

That would explain a few things. It didn't seem we were talking the same talk. I guess thats because we weren't.

So you got the replacement leaf pack, and I got the 3 AAL system that got added to my stock leaf pack. That makes sense now, Thanks.
SLR 3" Lift, SLR IV Intake, SLR Steering Stabilizer, 32" BFG MT km's, Warn Premium Locking Hubs, Gibson Exhaust, Custom Rock Sliders, Custom Safari Rack, CO2 Air Tank, Daylighters, CB, with more to come.
Craigs_Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 01:20 PM   #33
FSRBIKER
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: More on SLR stock rear leaf replacement

Quote:
Originally posted by Craigs_Tonka

My suggestion to people that have flattened springs would be to replace them (as I did) prior to installing the 3 AAL.
For the inquiring minds what/where/how did you replace your stock leaf pack...under warranty or do you have a secret stash of new spring packs
FSRBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 02:19 PM   #34
ChuckH
AF Enthusiast

Toy Man,

I've noticed that the X's are extremely inconsistent from the factory. I've seen some brand new ones that were riding as high or higher than yours is now in back and looked like they were trying to plow the road in front with the bumper, since the front was down so low from the factory. On the other end of the scale, mine came off the lot probably 1-1/2" to 2" lower than yours is sitting now. It's hard to tell from the picture, but I think the tops of my factory tires were at about the top of my frame rails or a little higher when I bought mine. I saw one a few months ago that was brand new and the tops of the tires were toward the bottom of the frame rails. It had a serious Starsky and Hutch thing going on!
Old 02-03-2002, 07:50 PM   #35
Craigs_Tonka
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: More on SLR stock rear leaf replacement

Quote:
Originally posted by FSRBIKER
For the inquiring minds what/where/how did you replace your stock leaf pack...under warranty or do you have a secret stash of new spring packs
Gotta love the Nissan Security Plus extended warranty.

Once I heard about the multiple aal's, I warrantied out the springs, put the aal on with the 1" shackle and have been smiling ever since.
SLR 3" Lift, SLR IV Intake, SLR Steering Stabilizer, 32" BFG MT km's, Warn Premium Locking Hubs, Gibson Exhaust, Custom Rock Sliders, Custom Safari Rack, CO2 Air Tank, Daylighters, CB, with more to come.
Craigs_Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote