Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 07:16 PM   #16
Goliath the X
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Goliath the X Send a message via Yahoo to Goliath the X
Hey Mr. T

As you know I'm running the black RC rims. They are great for 31s, and the deal I got on them with tires couldn't be passed up (Thanks Will). Are your old rims the proper offset that would allow 33x10.5? Are you going to sell your old rims? I love the look of them
MAXC
Goliath the X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 07:50 PM   #17
VaderX
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to VaderX
Damn it just when I thought I was done painting stuff on the X. What kind of chemical stripper did you use on the wheels. Can I do the same thing to the stock XE alloys or is there a problem with that.
VaderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 08:45 PM   #18
PlayHard
AF Newbie

Did you paint both sides of the rim? Also, did you paint inside the rim as well, and if so how. Looks great.
Old 11-12-2001, 10:28 PM   #19
rhombus
AF Enthusiast

Just looking at the pics again T and I think that you have to tint your front windows and paint the roof rack black.

Then you can say:

"None...None more black.."
rhombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 11:25 PM   #20
xoc
AF Enthusiast

Looks nice, now if the law would just let you tint those front windows.
Old 11-13-2001, 07:15 AM   #21
KillerX
AF Newbie

It does...

up to 35%. I think Mike used to have tinted windows but took it off because he didn't like not being able to see out of his side windows properly. I would have to agree with him and that it really makes seeing during night runs a pain.
Old 11-13-2001, 07:26 AM   #22
FSRBIKER
AF Enthusiast

Re: Cool Wheels!

Quote:
Originally posted by rrdstarr

Does Coolerman have instructions with his kits that electrical novices can understand?

Thanks!
The kit is very simple to install, it will take more time to figure out where you are placing the switch and to mount the switch than to run the wires.
FSRBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 08:53 AM   #23
Matt Peckham
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Matt Peckham
Quote:
Originally posted by Schludwiller

or maybe (o)(o)(o)
Like in Total Recall....
Old 11-13-2001, 09:31 AM   #24
Philosopher
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Goliath the X
Hey Mr. T

As you know I'm running the black RC rims. They are great for 31s, and the deal I got on them with tires couldn't be passed up (Thanks Will). Are your old rims the proper offset that would allow 33x10.5? Are you going to sell your old rims? I love the look of them
Yep, the Pathy rims are the same offset as the X rims, stock or alloys. Alas, they have already been claimed by another MAXC member (a couple months ago actually). Sorry.
Philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 09:32 AM   #25
Philosopher
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by VaderX
Damn it just when I thought I was done painting stuff on the X. What kind of chemical stripper did you use on the wheels. Can I do the same thing to the stock XE alloys or is there a problem with that.
I can look it up tonight and post back tomorrow, I don't remember the brand name.

No idea if you can do it to the alloys and get the same results, but I don't really see why not.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:33 AM   #26
Philosopher
AF Enthusiast

Re: It does...

Quote:
Originally posted by KillerX
up to 35%. I think Mike used to have tinted windows but took it off because he didn't like not being able to see out of his side windows properly. I would have to agree with him and that it really makes seeing during night runs a pain.

Yep, mine were done to 20% to match the rest of the factory tint and I never had a problem with Johnny Law. But it was just too dark for my tastes, so I took it off a couple months later.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:37 AM   #27
Philosopher
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by rhombus
Just looking at the pics again T and I think that you have to tint your front windows and paint the roof rack black.

Then you can say:

"None...None more black.."

Yeah, I may get them tinted again. Not very high on my priority list right now ...

I've already taken the "Xterra" stickers off the roof rack, and I have thought about stripping the powdercoat off the rack and painting it to match the rims (as well as painting the bumpers and the safari rack to match) ... depends on how many projects I have to do this winter. And it also depends on my motivation ...

:bonghitte

Old 11-13-2001, 09:41 AM   #28
Philosopher
AF Enthusiast

Thanks everybody for your kind words. I've been working on these for a while and it feels good to have them done (all except my spare, which I'm working on this week in the evenings).

For anyone else who wants to ask (there have been about 6 people in the past 24 hrs.), my Pathy wheels are already sold. Sorry.
Old 11-13-2001, 10:23 AM   #29
Mobycat
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Mobycat
Already looking into it...

Quote:
Originally posted by VaderX
I just got a second set of XE's. I've been thinking about getting them blacked out (or graphite) for a while. Now I've got the rims to experiment.

http://www.xterra-trail.net
Mobycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 10:51 AM   #30
S-works
AF Newbie

Mike,

Looks really nice! I was looking into the AR 767's, but also didn't like the offfset. I may have to do the stock steel wheels thing. I had seen on XOC that there was some Canadian dealership selling stock steels for $25.00 CDN! That's like $18.00 US!! I never heard back though.
S-works is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail