Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 04:31 PM   #16
ktjensen
AF Newbie

It looks like the Dakota (AT type tire) with have much more contact with the road than the Enforcer MT tire. Look at the tread pattern.
ktjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 03:04 PM   #17
XSAL
AF Newbie

Update @ about 28K miles

My Enforcer tires are now @ about 28K miles. They appear that I can still drive around for another 5-10K miles.

Tire condition: There is only one spot on one tire missing a small chunk of rubber. I was worried about the side wall protection or weakness from the beginning, but they managed not to have any deep cuts nore punctures from off-roading.

Noise level: They are just as loud as the day I bought....if not louder. (I am not sure if there is any difference, though.) It seems that I can feel more vibrations when moving very slowly. It might be because the vehicle has been driven for 30K+ miles...things might be coming a little loose...

Personally, I really like Enforcers on trails. They performed very well in any of the situations that I have been...rocks, mud,... (...except on packed snow surface. They required me to pay more attention to my speed.) Of course, ice covered road is an exception for any tires. On pavement, I am/was little more cautious when the surface is wet, and I've not had any major problems.

Would I buy them again?
Probably not. I am used to be driving OLD vehicles..., and I have a habit of listening to any noises comeing from the vehicle. With Enforcers...I can't really hear anything. Since my xterra is in a good condition, it hans't been making any noises. But, I'd like to be able to after these sets. I'd also like to be able to listen to the music/radio while I'm driving without turning it up too much. Initially, I did not have a problem with the road noise, but it seems that I do now. (Have I become OLD or what? )

...So, if anyone who has never had M/T tires and considering them, go for them if you are willing to live with the noise. Basically, that's the only reason that I wouldn't be buying again...

Oh, one more thing... at least I am having a hard time wearing them out evenly..
XSAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 10:57 AM   #18
xterra2001
AF Newbie

Post Tires and Pep Boys

This may be a weird question, but here I go. I went to Pep Boys about a week ago and found out my front tires were no good. So, I replaced the front tires and frond brake pads. The two front tires are the Futura Dakota. The reason I got these is that they only had these available, but they said they that the BF good wich tires that Nissan provides were were different size. Is this true that nissan puts special tires on the nissan vehicles?

I tend to not believe this. Also if I have the New Futuras on the front and the BF Goodwinch on the back, will this cause problems in Four wheel drive or not?

Thanks,

xterra2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail