Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:16 AM   #46
Barry W
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 Nissan Xterra Exhaust Manifold Crack

Will do.
Barry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:09 PM   #47
dallison
AF Newbie

not to dig up a thread from the past but....

my co0worker has a 2002 xterra with 160k. he bought it with 20k in 2003.

last year he replaced his driver and passenger side header. it was replaced by a nissan dealer with nissan genuine parts that cost almost $900

soooooo 36,000 miles and 11 months later.... he has to replace the passenger side again at a cost of about $450.

i spoke to nissan corp and they basically say too bad so sad. i try to explain that this is not a normal replacement part and they say that since it is beyond their 12 month 12,000 mile warranty they will not cover it.

i even tried to have them cover the labor and him paying their cost of the part.

they said, "sorry"

am i asking too much? or is this something that he needs to pursue further
dallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #48
Barry W
AF Newbie

See thats just crazy!
I paid $130 CDN for my pass side(genuine nissan parts) and installed it in 2 hours.

As for gettin nissan to do it, it's not gonna happen. All "stealerships" will do nothing outside of the factory warranty.
Barry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #49
dallison
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry W
See thats just crazy!
I paid $130 CDN for my pass side(genuine nissan parts) and installed it in 2 hours.

As for gettin nissan to do it, it's not gonna happen. All "stealerships" will do nothing outside of the factory warranty.
i had lexus pay for the $95 diagnosis on my 8 yr old es300 120,000 miles b/c of the infamous evap canister. but they had a recall on most cars up to 1998 and mine is a 99, so it was in the ballpark of their recall.

nissan was not willing to budge a nickel
dallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #50
lonezuk
AF Newbie

Old link, still a problem.... 2000 Nissan Xterra Exhaust Manifold Crack

Just took my 2000 xterra apart.

The "updated" new passenger side exhaust manifold had cracked and had a hole burned through the flat section where the pipe connects.

It is unknown when this was last replaced, we purchased it used at a dealer in Colorado.
I compared it to the new style I just purchased, it is the same.

Based on the damage to this manifold, I would hate to see what the older ones did.

price: 145 for the manifold without gaskets, bolts or nuts.

The dealter wanted over 600 for the job (colorado).
lonezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #51
gtolio
AF Newbie

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would comment on it since I just went through the same situation and it was this thread that helped me find the part numbers.

I just ordered the right side manifold, part #14004-4S103 from Rockauto.com. I got it for $73 and change shipped. I saw that others were using nissanparts.cc. I looked there as well and it was $113 plus shipping.

I'm not sure that the one I am getting is Nissan made. I think it is made by a company called Dorman. But I figure with all the problems that the Nissan ones are having and the price difference, why not try it. Just a heads up.
gtolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #52
Elkrivergirl
AF Newbie

Question Re: 2000 Nissan Xterra Exhaust Manifold Crack

Wow! I am glad I found this forum. I have a 2002 Xterra and I have been since 2007 trying to get it fixed. Today, I finally gave up and decided that I'll fix the darn thing myself. So I was searching online for directions and found this forum.

February 2007 my Xterra had 77059 miles. It cuts out while driving. If I press on the gas it will eventually come to a halt bogging down. I took it to the Nissan dealership long story short, almost two months later and 800.00 in the hole. The problem was not fixed.
They replaced the speedsensor, all drive belts, performed trans service, and replaced the cluster assymbly.

I have found out that while driving, if I put it in N and then put it back into D it tricks the car so that is doesn't quit.?????? So eventhouhgh I have an automatic, I feel like I'm drining a stick all the way to work and back. I took it back telling them that it was not fixed. From experience, there is no use arguing with Nissan dealership.

2007-present day, my car still does the same thing it always has and now it is loud. I took it in and they fixed the exhaust for 130.00 well it still makes a noise. Then today, I climbed up into the engine and notice that the exhaust sound is coming from the engine on the right side.
I was thinking that it might be the cadalytic converts stopped up pushing the air flow back into the engine. Then I read this forum and now I'm thinking I don't know what I'm doing. So does nayone have any suggestions?
Elkrivergirl
Elkrivergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #53
Elkrivergirl
AF Newbie

I doubt that they even changed your header. Only took them 2 hours??? That doesnt seem right to me.
Elkrivergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #54
realcleanguy
AF Newbie

hey, i'm new to this forum and not really P/C savvy so please excuse me if i am posting this in the wrong place!? i just googled "nissan exhaust" and this came up. i just bought a 2000 non-sc xterra and it has the typical right side (and possibly left side) manifold crack. i got part#14004-4s103 as the better replacement part from your forum for the right side, is this correct? also, do i have to lift the engine to get it out? if i do then my next question is, does anyone make aftermarket headers for this app.? if you're going to fix it, you might as well fix it better!
realcleanguy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail