Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 11:52 PM   #1
ChuckH
AF Enthusiast

Nissan Titan pictures.

Well, it's related to the Xterra and will be even more so related when the next Xterra comes out so...

The Offroad Academy in B.C. hosted Nissan and the new Titan all week for a huge Press and dealer event at Whistler Mountain, B.C. and a few PNWX'ers were invited to be support vehicles and to help out. let me say this...the Titan is awesome! We had 8 (I think?) Level 2 protypes for the event. Truck is very powerful, very big, very roomy, and the engine makes all the right sounds. I was very impressed with this truck. Lots of Nissan engineers, PR staff, magazine editors, dealers, etc. attended. Since the Titan is out to the public now, Nissan gave us permission to talk about it and to share photos and such, so enjoy!

Old 06-28-2003, 01:51 AM   #2
evergreen
AF Enthusiast

heres a few more.

rancho coilovers will be standard so will the rack & pinion steering.

its a 339 cubic inch v-8. it puts out 350hp. everyone that drove it said it had power to spare.

after the nissan people left for the day, we had a chance to abuse one for ourselves. its a little strange beating on one of only 10 titans in the world. each one was a prototype worth 250k each. they will all be crushed before the end of the year.

thanks to fellow pnwx member xlax for setting this up.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:02 PM   #3
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffroadX
Man, you PNWX guys are really gettting cozy with NNA! First you get to see some '05 Xterra concept mules, now this.

That head-on shot (#3) really makes those gossamer mirrors look like crap. The chrome has GOT to go, they should be black, not even body-color (or smaller).
Looks like there's no real chance of stepping down to smaller wheels, that spindle won't really allow more than perhaps 1" smaller with a bit less backspacing. Looks like that CV boot has come off the back of the spindle too Yeah, no biggie on a prototype, but I hope they noticed it.

Brent
OffroadX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 12:11 PM   #4
evergreen
AF Enthusiast

from what the engineers said, there will be 2 trim packages. the first package is what you see. the second package (might not be out till 05) will have a color matched grill and mirrors.

there is some seriously crazy plans for the x in 05 too.....
Old 06-28-2003, 12:15 PM   #5
ChuckH
AF Enthusiast

I forgot to check, but those mirrors may move in and out. Nissan is going after the big three in a big way and having mirrors that are ready for towing is just as important as a large towing capacity. As far as being chrome goes, I like it. Ties in with the grille and bumper nicely and I really like how they designed it. Did I mention the 5.6l V8 sounds awesome!

BTW, the Xterra prototype I saw had a similar front end design with similar lights, grille, etc., but the lower portion was black instead of chrome. Looks like the Flying V grille will be standard among Nissan's now.

Nissan will be doing Titan and Armada events in other parts of the country so keep your eyes and ears open! I do think the B.C area was ideal though for having the press and the photgrapher...it's absolutely gorgeous up there!
Old 06-28-2003, 03:07 PM   #6
evergreen
AF Enthusiast

nissan rented this 125k boat for the week. the towing ability and transmission are awesome. no need to worry about holding up traffic on the long hills.

heres a little better view of the motor.

the frame is super stout. the 05 xterra is expected to be built off this platform.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail