Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Engine and Transmission
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engine and Transmission Discuss Engine, Transmission, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #1
S10 guy
AF Newbie

i need some help about a 350 idk if nyone of uns could help me but its worth a shot.

i have a 350 with stock pistons. i have a set of 305 high output heads. i need to know if it will work to put the 305 high output heads on the 350 block and i also need to know if i need to change my pistons. thx in advance
S10 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:22 AM   #2
Morley
AF Enthusiast

Re: i need some help about a 350 idk if nyone of uns could help me but its worth a shot.

Stock pistons could mean anything from dished to flattops, depending on year and application. The 305 heads can work but the compression will be high and the engine will be sensive to octane and could have detonation issues. The combustion chambers on the 305's are quite a bit smaller than 350's...not just the CC size but the diameter. That is where you can have problems...with quench. You could end up with hot spots on the chambers from edges of the metal not meeting right and this can ignite your fuel/air misture prematurely. Special care should be taken when using those heads on a 350. Also, the valves in 305 heads are quite small compared to 350's.
Morley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:27 PM   #3
hotrod_chevyz
AF Enthusiast

Re: i need some help about a 350 idk if nyone of uns could help me but its worth a shot.

It depends on what heads your talking about.
hotrod_chevyz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Engine and Transmission