Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 900
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 02:57 AM   #1
Medabots
AF Enthusiast

Post Wastegate PSI

Hi everybody...! I not usually around here (first time) but I have a question that this forum may have an answer.
I got a turbo out of a sabb 900 and Im planing to put it on my civic. the turbo has an internal wastegate and I just want to know.. whast the wastegate PSI set at?
I dont know the year of the sabb, but it looked kind of old... like around the 80's. Im asking because I know that if the waste gate is set up lets say to 5 psi, I can not go over that limit . I want to run at least 8-10 pounds of boost wiht the internal wastegae.

any help, coments and sugestions are welcome.. please let me know!
Old 10-19-2005, 06:47 AM   #2
deadring
AF Enthusiast

Re: Wastegate PSI

i dont know much about saabs but they been doin' turbos since 1976 on street cars so... and since they prone turbocharging alot, i don't think your going to get as low as 5 PSI.. it must be between 7.5 and 10. if you plan to put this on a civic i hope you got lower compression pistons or you face detonation.. and destroy the engine...and put on a knock sensor if it doesn't have one... unless it's a B16 B18 or H22, i dont think the others have knocks sensors.

Deadring

00' kawasaki zx-9 with micron exaust and K&N filter ( my baby)
deadring is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 900