Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
AtlasXKillshot
AF Newbie

First car

Okay so I am completely new to the forum scene. So I'll introduce myself I am Jacob I live in NC and I am 14 going on 15 in a month and a half. So in NC we have a provisional licensing program. Which means there are a couple of stages to get my license. So for first car I want a 2005 scion tc somebody is selling for cheap. And my dad insists on giving me his 2003 corolla le. I want a stick shift.( I know how to drive one). He keeps putting me down on getting a car. Of course I dont have enough money to buy my own car and the $3000 I saved from cutting Grass is going towards my insurance...is there anything I can say to him that might get him to reconsider ?
AtlasXKillshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
SleepyHead98
AF Regular

Re: First car

Take the toyota, honestly, youll probably wreck your first car anyways. Everyone I know did, maybe you could be an exception who knows. Save your cash, take the freebie while you still can. Honestly I really dont know what to tell your dad, other than, it will give you pride to pay for your own car, thats about all I got, and its kinda a cheap trick.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
AtlasXKillshot
AF Newbie

Re: First car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHead98 View Post
Take the toyota, honestly, youll probably wreck your first car anyways. Everyone I know did, maybe you could be an exception who knows. Save your cash, take the freebie while you still can. Honestly I really dont know what to tell your dad, other than, it will give you pride to pay for your own car, thats about all I got, and its kinda a cheap trick.
Thanks I'll take the advice.
AtlasXKillshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 02:23 PM   #4
emitt22
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: First car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasXKillshot View Post
Okay so I am completely new to the forum scene. So I'll introduce myself I am Jacob I live in NC and I am 14 going on 15 in a month and a half. So in NC we have a provisional licensing program. Which means there are a couple of stages to get my license. So for first car I want a 2005 scion tc somebody is selling for cheap. And my dad insists on giving me his 2003 corolla le. I want a stick shift.( I know how to drive one). He keeps putting me down on getting a car. Of course I dont have enough money to buy my own car and the $3000 I saved from cutting Grass is going towards my insurance...is there anything I can say to him that might get him to reconsider ?
100% take the Toyota. I know it may suck to think that your first car won't be cool when you roll up on your first day of high school. But that's how it is for everyone. We all got cheap crappy cars that our parents bought for us, and to be completely honest with you that's the best thing that could have happened. Having a cheap reliable little beater to get you through the early stages of your driving will be awesome. Think about it like this. Lets just say that you took your car on the first day of school and somebody door dinged it in the lot. If it's your dads corolla you wouldn't be mad at all. But if you had a clean 2005 scion tc1 you'd be pissed. Enjoy the free car while you can, once you prove yourself to be a reliable driver (and keep up on your class work) then I'm sure your parents would have no problem upgrading your car. Let me know how it works out for you!
emitt22 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC