Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > SSR
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
DeViRuS69
AF Newbie

Question overall

ok this chick i know is going to buy a ssr in everyones opinion beased on looks, performance, interior, sound, and mods for it. what would u all rate it. 0 -10.
DeViRuS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
santacruzr
AF Newbie

Re: overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViRuS69
ok this chick i know is going to buy a ssr in everyones opinion beased on looks, performance, interior, sound, and mods for it. what would u all rate it. 0 -10.
Well, my husband has one, so I'm biased, but for looks, I give it about a 9, it is so unique, everbody wants to know what the hell it is. It looks even better lowered and on big rims. For performance, about a 6, it needs some mods to make it drive like it looks. Go with an exhaust upgrade, a computer tune, and some higher rear end gears for starters. A supercharger is nice but pricey. But if she gets the 6.0L instead of the 5.3L, that's a good improvement. Interior, 7, it needs upgrades, the seats are uncomfortable and the dash looks much better with an in-dash DVD system. Sound, if you mean factory radio, if it has the Bose system in it, that's actually pretty decent factory sound, I'd say 8. If you mean road noise, it is noisy due to the convertible roof compartment, I'd say 4. Mods, there are very few aftermarket mods, it takes a lot of work to find, and you end up having to do a lot of one-off. I"d give it a 3 for mods, just because it is hard to get mods for this truck.

I'd say check out the SSR sites to find out what mods there are, or just look at my husband's for an example, here: http://www.carsponsors.com/52385.

The truck has a lot of quirks. If she goes on the SSR websites, she can find all the solutions to solving those quirks and especially how to get parts. She should go to ssrfanatics.com for more info before buying.

Good luck,
santacruzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:45 PM   #3
MekiKi
AF Newbie

Re: overall

I have a 03 baged with a 22 by 12 on the back and a 22 by 9.5 on the front they have plenty of get up and go already.If you would like to see it you can go to cardomain and go to ssr models and it will show a tangerine pearl one named pistons number one fan any questions give me a holla.
MekiKi is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > SSR