Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 08:52 AM   #1
Kafziel
AF Regular

Taking shit from my friends about my mods

Just a funny story (well, it's funny to me, anyway):

My roommate drives a '98 EX 4-door. I drive a '97 EX coupe. When I first started fixing mine up last year, he liked to give me shit about being a ricer. Now, my car looks almost stock, except for rims and the tailpipe. But he had jokes about the exhaust, the header, the cai, etc. Said I was too old and too white to be fucking with a Civic.

The other day we drove down to Six Flags in New Jersey. We took his car. It was hilarious watching him try to get up to speed on the Garden State Parkway and the Turnpike. We damn near got killed a few times while his silly ass tried to get out in front of tractor trailers and shit. Next to mine, driving in his car feels like driving in a Yugo. It's hard to imagine I drove mine like that for 5 years.

Now the best part. On the drive home, he starts asking me about how much it would cost to get more horsepower out of his car. Suddenly, my car isn't so funny anymore. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a convert!

Anyone else get shit from their friends and have a good story about showing them up?
Old 07-02-2004, 08:59 AM   #2
Beastiek2
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Beastiek2 Send a message via MSN to Beastiek2
Re: Taking shit from my friends about my mods

i get shit from my friends who drive camros and stangs, cause there cars kick my ass and they dont kno why i just didint buy a faster car. But its ok i drive 80 miles a day back and forth to work and with gas prices i aint complaining

Hows was six flags in NJ i am gonna go in a few weeks there, were all the rides open anything new this year?
Beastiek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:20 AM   #3
Kafziel
AF Regular

Freefall was closed and I think the blue track on the Batman and Robin ride was closed, but otherwise everything was running and it kicked ass. We kept seeing all these Amish kids there, I guess they were getting out to see what the real world is like. They must've shit a brick on those coasters - probably never even gone 55 mph in their whole lives. ha ha ha
Kafziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:36 PM   #4
boosted k20
AF Enthusiast

i went to 6 flags last week. it was hot! like kafziel said, the blue roller coaster on batman and robin was closed. it's been closed since like last year i think. im not to sure but i heard someone died on that ride so they dont run it any more. but the red one was working. freefall was opened when i went. only ride that was closed was one of the water rides, but that shit is always breaking. shit broke as we were about to get on that ride, which sucked!
word of advice, try to get yo ass down to the park as soon as they open (10:00 a.m. on weekdays) and run straight to superman. i got there at 11 and went on superman 1st. i had to wait almost 2 hours!!!! it was worth it though. the other rides we didnt have to wait too long
have fun

weird how this thread moved away from it's topic =)
Old 07-02-2004, 12:48 PM   #5
Kafziel
AF Regular

LOL yeah, we're on a bit of a tangent here...
but I will say that the Superman ride crushed the hell out of my balls.

In case anyone was interested.
Old 07-03-2004, 01:17 PM   #6
Beastiek2
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Beastiek2 Send a message via MSN to Beastiek2

even last year batman wasnt running to full par..the first year it opened they used to race the blue and red side against each other...i love going on nitro at night ya cant beat that..we should have an AF meet at 6 flags lol
Beastiek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 01:52 PM   #7
edman24
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to edman24
Re: Re: Taking shit from my friends about my mods

would you believe i actually got shit from my friends with hondas because i have a vw? yah but i ended that quickly. even with some of their motor swaps and high comp motors, not one has been able to beat me so even if i sense they are THINKING about talking shit i ask if any of them would like to have a quick stint on the freeway. that keeps their mouths closed pretty damn well.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:05 PM   #8
BrokenLimits
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BrokenLimits
see people who do things to Hondas get shit because you have the FUCKATRDS that do nothing nut put body kits and HUGE wings on their cars.. This gives those who actually do things that are worthy to a car a bad name.. For example check the forum where the kid has a HUGE body kit and its unpainted and it has dual exhaust and he wants to get a front mount on his car with 19 inch rims to go with it
BrokenLimits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 07:51 AM   #9
Kafziel
AF Regular

Yeah, those people give us all a bad name.
No sense of priorities.
That's why I always laugh when I see someone driving a Scion; you know they bought it for the way it looks and no other reason. You never hear about their 0-60 or 1/4 mile times, top speed, handling, or even safety and durability.
Form should always follow function, and never compromise it.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:20 AM   #10
BrokenLimits
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BrokenLimits
Check out the TC. That sorta changed that. TC looks SWEET and has 160 hp to start with not bad if you ask me.
BrokenLimits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 12:57 PM   #11
Kafziel
AF Regular

Yeah, I just meant the ones that look like rolling shoeboxes. The other ones are decent enough.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:37 PM   #12
T-Racer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to T-Racer
lmao, i really hope i tend not to rice my car out. i want to go in the right steps and make my car really nice. with nice interior, nice stero system, and a engine swap in the distant future. sure some kits are nice, but i hope i dont put one on before i do my other stuff.

i get shit from my friend who drives his moms hyundi tib but it wont touch my aunts sable, wait till my car gets on the road

Originally Posted by BlaZeNSmoKe
So next time I see a deer and I can't dodge it, best believe I'm gon' speed up. Cause he ain't gon' get the best out of a accident with me, no sir.
T-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:27 AM   #13
Miataracer
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Miataracer Send a message via Yahoo to Miataracer

if any of you have ever driven a Scion xB you would know that it is in fact a pretty nice car (thing?) looks are a matter of opinion. no, its not fast, but it is very practical for some uses

LS1 RX-7 Zoom Zoom
Miataracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:47 AM   #14
o0Quicksilver0o
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to o0Quicksilver0o Send a message via MSN to o0Quicksilver0o
i get hell all the time from my buddy with a supra. he thinks any fwd is a waste of money .... guess thats why he got spanked by a turbo b16 crx twice

i just wish people saw the potential of these cars... instead of looking at the ones that are done horribly wrong

My Current Best 1/4 Mile: 16.832 seconds
My car site
o0Quicksilver0o is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD