Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Shadow
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
soflown_shadow_CSX
AF Newbie

Fuel pump convertion on 94 shadow

Start off with I have a 94 Shadow turned CSX. Have 2.2 commin block T2 with a a555 trans.. Front mounted SRT-4 neon intercooler..fifth injector. While running at 18 ilbs of boost..Well I just got done putting on my super 60 computer..52 lph injestors and my 3 bar map..and was now intalling my 255 walbro pump when BAM....plasic sending unit..well I ended up breaking the rusty fuel snout at the top..So I bought another and dissmantled it, then installed the USED (which came off a running car) fuel pump and put it together..turned the key over to purge..and all I got was 20 psi....So I dissmantled it again..put my O.E. pump back in...55 psi..Now my question is...can a walbro pump be put in a plastic sending unit..or do I have to go with the old style ( 90 and older) pump and convertthe pig tail and connected the return line to the float unit? Or do they make a 255 set up for 90-95 turbo engines?
soflown_shadow_CSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
BleedDodge
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to BleedDodge
Re: Fuel pump convertion on 94 shadow

A 2.2 would have a mechanical fuel pump in any case would it not? Not sure what you're doing here.

The 2.2 in my Turismo I used to have, it had a mechanical fuel pump. My dad has a Shadow with a 2.5 in it but it has an electric fuel pump. What do you have, and can you change between mechanical and electric fuel pumps on these engines or what?
Old 01-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
ricebike
AF Enthusiast

Re: Fuel pump convertion on 94 shadow

bleed dodge, the shadow from 1989 and up only had electrical fuel pumps and fuel sending units in the fuel tank
Quote:
Well I just got done putting on my super 60 computer..52 lph injestors and my 3 bar map..and was now intalling my 255 walbro pump
that's the clue that this is an electrical fuel pump

he's trying to upgrade to a higher flow fuel pum for the new computer mapping and bigger injectors

other than that, i have no idea why the psi is lower than OEM
ricebike is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Shadow