Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 09:25 PM   #1
hogster3
AF Newbie

heater problem-hot,hot,hot

this is my first time in a forum so bear wirh me. i have a 2000 silverado, ext.cab 4x4.. the heater wont turn down. i can put the control all the way over into the blue and it still blows hot air. the air conditioner also blows hot. then the next time i use it, it will work ok. it is not bad now because of the winter in the northeast, but come summer time i don't need the heat. this has happened twice to me so far. could it be a fuse or relay? maybe a control on the heater box? i don't understand why it only does it some times. thanks for the help, i read a lot of the posts on here and got some great tips.
hogster3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:07 PM   #2
tidalcock
AF Enthusiast

had the same problem with my '01. dealer replaced the power head behind the control knobs, but didn't make much difference. i read a post recently where one owner replaced the actuator for the mixing door baneath the dash and that took care of the problem. that will be my next step
tidalcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 04:06 PM   #3
kenny-1907
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to kenny-1907
Re: heater problem-hot,hot,hot

My Silverado does the same thing but all i have to do to get it to cool down after turning it to cold is turn the fan off and on a couple of times. From what i have read and been told , it is the acctuator that is the culprit. I should have picked up the part when i had the kick panel off to clean the cabin air filters . D'oh!

6" Pro Comp lift
305/55/20 BFG A/T KO'S
K&N FIPK GENII
Flo Pro V force muffler & 4" slash cut stainless tips
Color matched front and rear Bowties
3" polished stainless bull bar and Nerf bars
kenny-1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:39 PM   #4
hogster3
AF Newbie

Re: Re: heater problem-hot,hot,hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny-1907
My Silverado does the same thing but all i have to do to get it to cool down after turning it to cold is turn the fan off and on a couple of times. From what i have read and been told , it is the acctuator that is the culprit. I should have picked up the part when i had the kick panel off to clean the cabin air filters . D'oh!

thanks for the help, i will check it out this weekend.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:10 PM   #5
hogster3
AF Newbie

Re: Re: heater problem-hot,hot,hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny-1907

where would i find the actuator? i just changed the cabin filters and didn't see anything there that would resemble what i am looking for. my opinion of the actuator would be something inline with the heater hoses attached. maybe vacumn activated. could it be hanging up, because it doesnt do it all the time.

thanks for the help
john
Old 02-19-2005, 04:14 PM   #6
jethro_3
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: heater problem-hot,hot,hot

Thanks for the jinx, I tok my brother to the airport this morning and turned on the fan to warm the windsheild. After a minute or two I TRIED to turn it to cold and it stayed in HOT, HOT, HOT. I pulled over after 10 miles of the window down in the rain and shut the truck off. I wait 1 minute and started back up, it went to cold immediately. That better not happen again.....

"The Sleeper" '05 6.0L VHO
Cam in and
Low 14's happening at the track
Check out my Ride
jethro_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 07:53 PM   #7
hogster3
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: heater problem-hot,hot,hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_3
Thanks for the jinx, I tok my brother to the airport this morning and turned on the fan to warm the windsheild. After a minute or two I TRIED to turn it to cold and it stayed in HOT, HOT, HOT. I pulled over after 10 miles of the window down in the rain and shut the truck off. I wait 1 minute and started back up, it went to cold immediately. That better not happen again.....

sorry about that!!!!!!!!!!!!! now what is your solution to the problem?
keep a eye on this posting and we should be able to get the cold back in!
it sure is frustrating when you can't cool down without opening the windows!
i am going with the acutator when i find it. by summer it should be fixed.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:25 PM   #8
jethro_3
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: heater problem-hot,hot,hot

I'm going with "It does not happen to me", and "Never Again." And this smiley is for the truck and the entertainment it gave me.... Don't show this to my truck...

"The Sleeper" '05 6.0L VHO
Cam in and
Low 14's happening at the track
Check out my Ride
jethro_3 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado