Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 08:49 PM   #1
88Sub4x4
AF Newbie

Engine missing and cutting out

I have an 88 Suburb, 5.7 L TBI. The engine misses and cuts out. I have replaced sparkplugs,distibutor cap and rotor,TPS,fuel filter,air filter. Can anyone help me with this problem? I'm stumped.
88Sub4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:28 PM   #2
SpitAndDirt
AF Regular

Re: Engine missing and cutting out

Pulled any codes with the old paper clip? You bridge the "A" and "B" terminals on your Diagnostic link connector under the dash, key on, engine off, and count the flashes of the check engine light for codes. A Haynes manual can be more specific about this, and the codes you may receive. As for other things, did you set minimun voltage on your TPS when you installed it? Do you have ANY vacuum leaks? Have you had fuel pressure checked? Proper Gap of your plugs? Checked your wires for arcing and proper resistance values? I would even see if you can have your Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor tested. Hope this helps- Chris
SpitAndDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 11:25 PM   #3
Ingoldx1
AF Newbie

Check the engine the TBI gasket under the TBI unit. Mine had a leak. you can check it by spraying carb cleaner abound the base when it is running. It will almost stall if it is defective. Also check the control modual under the cap and the wires from the pick up while you are there. I had many problems chasing my engine issues. I think I finally fixxed my problem with the intake manifold gaskets today .
Good luck!
Ingoldx1
Ingoldx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 11:27 PM   #4
Ingoldx1
AF Newbie

Also check tha EGR. The valve should move in and out. Check the hoses coming in and out of it too.
Ingoldx1
Ingoldx1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K