Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
Rebelicious83
AF Newbie

Exclamation 99 Eclipse Spyder GS won't fire

I have a 1999 Eclipse Spyder GS with a 2.4 engine. Last night coming home from work I hit a pot hole in the road and the car died on me and wouldn't restart. It will crank but not fire. Fuel pump is kicking on. No fuses are blown that we can find. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.
Rebelicious83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:22 PM   #2
blackspyder
AF Newbie

Re: 99 Eclipse Spyder GS won't fire

Same thing happened to me last thursday.... turns out that by hitting that bump i must of snapped the balance shaft belt which fried the crank sensor which fried the ecu and relay and in turn prevented the fuel pump to work..... also the spark plug wires are not producing a spark..... im not saying this is your issue but go through the easy steps first to try and narrow down the real issue..... check your battery and termial, check and listen for your fuel pump, check your timing belt, and check for fuel bieng pumped to the engine and if you plugs are sparking... hopefully this works if not then its a bigger internal issue
blackspyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:26 PM   #3
Talon69
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Talon69 Send a message via MSN to Talon69 Send a message via Yahoo to Talon69
Re: 99 Eclipse Spyder GS won't fire

you do realize this post is over 8 1/2 months old lol
2006 Eclipse GT 6 speed MT (V6 3.8), mods so far- S Tech Springs, after market 18's, 2012 headlight Conversion, Greddy cat back exhaust, CAI, RRE Headers, Polyurethane Motor Mounts, NX Nitrous kit at 100 shot for now, RPM Window Switch, Triple Pod.
2003 Grand AM GT - official beater car for the winter lol
----------------------------------------------------
95 TSI AWD 13.732@98.396mph (T-25)
Now fully Modded engine with 3,560 miles on it.SOLD
Talon69 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis