Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
tommy210boy
AF Newbie

Question '05 Impreza Blinking Cruise Control Light

2005 Subaru Impreza

So I switched cars with my wife for a couple days and now the dashboard looks like a Christmas tree. Some of the new additions include the following:

1.) The cruise control indicator light is now blinking all the time.

2.) Check Engine light is on. I still need to have the codes read so this isn't much help, just seemed weird that it came on when #1 started. Is there a way to check it on

3.) E-Brake light indicator is always on. This has been like this for a while and the manual is vague. It stated there is something wrong with some fancy break BS and it could lead to early break wear. Any idea where to start on this one?

4.) This is another one that has been going on for a while but seems to have morphed throughout time. It started with a rattle (kind of like a dead shock) in the front passenger side when I hit the slightest bump. If you slightly touched the breaks when going over bumps the noise would go away. Initially I thought is might be a broken caliper pin, but when I took it all apart they seemed fine. The noise didn't go away when I put it back together, but I don't notice it anymore. My worry is that something got worse since history has taught me it usually doesn't fix itself. My second theory is the bearing is shot, but it wasn't pointed out at the last inspection (although both front balljoints were - and replaced). I now feel a wobble in the front end which is worrying me that the problem is migrating to the axle shaft. Any words of wisdom?
tommy210boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
brokenboxer01
AF Newbie

Re: '05 Impreza Blinking Cruise Control Light

You can thank SOA for that! Anytime the CEL is on, the cruise will not function... hence your flashing light. I would say the rattle is a sway bar bushing. As far as the brake light... the e-brake light and low fluid light are one in the same. The circuit for the fluid level is a normally open circuit, the low fluid level cause a contact ball to drop, making the circuit complete and the light is on. Try unplugging it to see if the light goes out. If it doesn't... then your issue is with the contact switch for the E-brake.
brokenboxer01 is offline   Reply With Quote