Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 09:52 PM   #1
S13MothaPhuka
AF Newbie

KA24DE Racing cams? Other mods for 13 sec N/A?? Ya know?

Yo what's poppin? I'm building a KA24DE engine to run 12 sec N/A yeah yeah why not turbo? Because I wanna get the N/A out of the way and don't have enough time to build a turbo engine if I'm a build it I wana do it right. Anyways I want a racing cam for my KA24DE ya know where I can find um at? Also what else is good to run at least low 14's? Mantary Motorsports sells a racing head thats $1801 and delivers 58hp at the wheels. Anything else beside headers cold air intake exhaust etc. If ya know please post a site so I can check it out. Or does anyone have a N/A KA-DE runnin quick?
S13MothaPhuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 12:45 AM   #2
mrflip69
AF Enthusiast

Bore the engine to 2.5L ... hone, port, polish....
Pistons... pulleys... flywheels... compression... ecu

http://www.nismoparts.com/catalog/?section=226
mrflip69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 01:27 AM   #3
S13MothaPhuka
AF Newbie

Re: KA24DE Racing cams? Other mods for 13 sec N/A?? Ya know?

How can you make the engine 2.5L is there a kit for that? And how much can all this cost? Do I need a new crankshaft or rods?
Old 11-26-2003, 01:49 AM   #4
psychedelicbeats
AF Regular

a "kit"? cough...cough...
psychedelicbeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 03:52 AM   #5
wingsofwar
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to wingsofwar Send a message via AIM to wingsofwar Send a message via Yahoo to wingsofwar
umm...no kits...i dont know why you think there is a stroker kit for the ka. Maybe you been hangin out with the honda boys to long. if your gona build a N/A KA...your gona have to do it the mechanics way..not the rice boy way. btw...heres a hint...fuel managment
Old 11-26-2003, 04:01 AM   #6
S13MothaPhuka
AF Newbie

Honda boys uumm... your wack and I aint rice got a 1967 Camaro 383 runnin' 10.3's. I just don't know shit about imports I4's whatever. Um.. why am I gonna build a 4 cyinder then? ever heard of pan american? Yes I like that motorsport. And yes there is a stroker kit for the KA your moron 2.7L. I can't even ask for feedback now and days ya like bitches I'll ask you when you dont have your period pussy's wunn.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:49 AM   #7
SR20DETpower
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SR20DETpower
I bet its your dad's car if it even exists, you sound like a 16 year old ricer who wants to prove himself that hes not a ricer by not going with the trendy turbo setup

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHA

I don't think a Naturally Aspirated 240sx will get into the 12's. If it could be done, 1) it would have to be light as shit, 2) the compression ratio would have to be high as shit 3) Shit, no way in hell it would be street legal 4) All that expensive race gas will make your wallet thin as shit.
SR20DETpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 05:14 PM   #8
PhoenixSX
AF Newbie

Okay cool, you have a chevy 383 (STROKER) and you want to know how to build an inline 4? I'm gonna guess if you don't know how, or don't have a machine shop in your back yard, then you bring your I4 to the place that stroked your chevy and have them do it. Machining and stroke doesn't really change definitions when you have less cylinders, it usually costs more though. Have fun "homie", and don't keep that chevy out too late, daddy might get pissed.
PhoenixSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:47 PM   #9
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

Stroking KA, bad idea. already 96mm compared to the rb26s 79 or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSX
Machining and stroke doesn't really change definitions when you have less cylinders, it usually costs more though.
Please justify. And when you do, DO IT IN A NEW THREAD titled "What the hell I'm talking about."

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:35 AM   #10
publicenemy137
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to publicenemy137

I am only reason why i'm goin N/A setup is b/c it's cheaper, not as fast as turbo but I want to run lean also. Not to mention better powerband, no turbo lag.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:44 AM   #11
billclinton
AF Enthusiast

not cheaper, making a fast n/a ka is realy expensive. With the right set up you will have virtually no turbo lag at all. Most people dont run high boost on the KA's so you wont have to worry about lag if you use i smaller turbo i think.

I had a co-worker a while back that had his SOHC ka24e to almost 200hp to the wheels. So i know you can make SOME power n/a but was also running massively high compression and everytime i saw him fill the gas tank he put in a large bottle of octane booster.

NoLlieSkillz : its called

NoLlieSkillz : neutral drop at redline
billclinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:27 AM   #12
R.W.240
Banned

NA Power = Expensive, Peaky, Not as much Power as Turbo

13s on an NA hmmm... Possible but expensive.

1st thing Should be a Full Standalone. not one of those AFCs a full standalone so you can get rid of the MAF and Tune For Each New Part
next should be Intake, Header, Exhaust then a Good Head (Gude Makes a Full Package including Cams.

Piston Speed on the KA should already be Pretty High so i dont know about a 2.7L stroker kit unless your want a ton of torque... in which case why you dont want a Turbo is beyond me.

So Prices...
Standalone.... 1000+
Head Package 1800+
I/H/E 700
Bottom End 2000+
Misc (ign,Fuel) 1000+

Spark Notes... (Boost Threshold at 3000RPM is better than a Power Band that starts at 4500... Buy A Turbo.)
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #13
unclemugsy
AF Newbie

Your both right! It can be stroked, but you can go all the way to 3.0 litres. But the only way you will go that fast n/a is with old fashsion go fast tricks. I have a 1990 d21 hardbody that has ran a best of 10.63 but will run consistant 11.10s. I swaped in a pathfinder rear added 4.30 gears, four linked, coilovers (set @ 50/50), the front has been lightened by swapping in tubular lower control arms,coilover struts(set @90/10),and rack and pinion steering. There by eliminating the strut rods,factory steering linkage, torsion bars, and upper control arms. The motor has crower rods,wiesco pistons,crower cam (284*duration),and the head was p&p'd by eslinger engineering with 1mm over valves. I also run a fifth injector with a 150hp shot, jacobs electronics dist., msd 6al, and an aem piggyback ecu(this is where alot of power can be found),also the throttlebody is from a 5.0 mustang. There are many more tweaks done, such as a wot cut out switch on the altenator(see, I told you, old school) also throw out the flex fan and install an electric one,cooler thermastat, colder plugs, and alot of timing. If you want more ideas are pics of mine e-mail @ mug.shot101@hotmail.com or jds-revengeracing.com or kingpinmotorsports.com
unclemugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:20 PM   #14
93-240SX-COUPE
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to 93-240SX-COUPE

Car building intellect > Thread date intellect. Almost 6yr old post man.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX