Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
83Civic
AF Newbie

06 Tiburon v6 5 sp Manual trans Problems

I've been working on my brothers 06 Tiburon 5sp v6. I replaced the clutch, got everything back together. I am having a hard time with the shift selector linkage and how it goes back together. When i thought i put it back together properly i started the car and let off the clutch and it only goes into reverse?? I know that i did not mess anything up as far as installing the new clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing since the car will go into reverse. the shifter does not move at all. when i take off the shift linkage bracket that bolts on to the shaft that goes into the transmission, i can take a small bolt and what i assume when i turn that shaft it seems like its shifting through different gears. i tried to move it one click up, left the shift cable off, started the car with the clutch in and when i slowly let the clutch out it still only goes into reverse? If someone with a 03-08 5speed tiburon can take a picture of the 2 shift cable linkages and also the brackets that go onto the shafts (that go into the side of the transmission) that hold the shift cables that would really help me to see how everything goes back together. I admit i should have taken a picture so i could have avoided this problem. I cant seem to find anyone around my area that has a GK model tiburon that i can look at their shift linkage to see how the brackets go together. I really need some input please and thank you so much to whomever can snap a picture for me!
83Civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
83Civic
AF Newbie

Re: 06 Tiburon v6 5 sp Manual trans Problems

Figured it out
83Civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
jsinton
AF Enthusiast

Re: 06 Tiburon v6 5 sp Manual trans Problems

So what was the problem?