Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
View Poll Results: Should I Wait 3+ months for Skunk2 Exhaust?
Yeah Wait, Skunk2's badass 2 40.00%
Na, Get Something Better Like .......... 3 60.00%
I've got another idea better than both urs 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 11:56 AM   #1
branman_crx_guy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to branman_crx_guy Send a message via Yahoo to branman_crx_guy
What to Do? Wait For Skunk2 Exhaust or Get Something Else?

I may not be getting the Skunk2 Cat-Back exhaust, cause i talked to the guy and now he's saying i may not be getting the exhaust for like 3 or 4 months now, so i'm gonna have to decide if its worth the wait or if there is something else just as good or better than the Skunk2. So now i want ya'll opinions. Do u think it is worth it to just wait like 3 months for the Skunk2 exhaust or should i just get something else. If i decided to get something else, wat is the best looking, sounding, and performing cat-back exhaust i can get for my car?? I would really appreciate everyones opinions, thanx.

Totallin My 89 CRX Si: +$2700
Buyin It Back From Insurance: -$50
Buying a 90 CRX Si: -$2200
Gettin to start over with more money and knowing i screwed insurance w/out trying: Priceless

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or.........wait, thats been said already. On the road of life there are passengers and......no, thats been done too. Dang, all the good sayings have already been said, ohwell.

-BMan original
branman_crx_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 12:15 PM   #2
91zc
AF Enthusiast

I have been hearing about the skunk 2 system for awhile now. First it was supposed to be released around May or June...then August..then who knows...this exhaust has been pushed back so many times I think you might be better off getting something else. JMO
91zc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 12:26 PM   #3
branman_crx_guy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to branman_crx_guy Send a message via Yahoo to branman_crx_guy
Quote:
I have been hearing about the skunk 2 system for awhile now. First it was supposed to be released around May or June...then August..then who knows...this exhaust has been pushed back so many times I think you might be better off getting something else. JMO
Good to know, i was unaware its been pushed back that much. All i wanna know now, is if theres any exhaust out there that would be better than skunk2 in all aspects: looks, sound, performance. Just tell me the best exhuast there is, money is not important (just keep it under $700). Thanx all

Gettin to start over with more money and knowing i screwed insurance w/out trying: Priceless

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or.........wait, thats been said already. On the road of life there are passengers and......no, thats been done too. Dang, all the good sayings have already been said, ohwell.

-BMan original
Old 09-24-2002, 12:27 PM   #4
91zc
AF Enthusiast

There is a guy named Dom on honda-tech that I met at the last PA meet. He was interested in one and had been talking with skunk2. He was the one who posted on honda-tech about it being pushed back.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:31 PM   #5
sastanley
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to sastanley Send a message via Yahoo to sastanley
Thermal

I dunno anything about Skunk2's - but sometimes companies developing new products make you wait because they want to make sure the product is better than anything else out there.

I have heard from multiple sources (including 91zc) that the Thermal R&D is the best exhaust that is currently available.

Price = $479 for a sedan..prolly a few bones cheaper for a hatchie.

If I had $500, I'd already have one...but I don't...so I am having to settle for a custom non-stainless job for $260 - it should do just fine to satisfy my needs tho.
DOHC ZC, I,H,E, urethane bushings and mount inserts, rock chipped hood, some rust, stock steelies, nice comfy Integra seats, and the A/C works! What else could you want from an 18 year old car with 241,000 miles? Working on getting the Si tranny in now
sastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 12:32 PM   #6
91zc
AF Enthusiast

Damnit....I can't remember the site offhand but someone had all thermal exhausts for 400...now if I could only remember where...doh
Old 09-24-2002, 12:34 PM   #7
branman_crx_guy
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I dunno anthing about Skunk2's - but I have heard from multiple sources (including 91zc) that the Thermal R&D is the best that is currently available.
Yeah, Thermal was my original choice, but ive heard it doesnt look that good and my friend heard one on a 95 prelude and he said it was quiet. I'm gonna for deep, loud, and sexy. But if anyone has pics or sounds of Thermal exhaust lemme know.

-BMan original
Old 09-24-2002, 12:37 PM   #8
91zc
AF Enthusiast

Granted it might be a bit guady since it is all stainless but on most sytems the muffler back is stainless anyway. So it is just like any other system. Get a little dirt on it and it won't attract attention. lol I think it looks great and sounds great as well. I will try to get a sound clip of the thermal on my b16a sedan tonight.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:38 PM   #9
branman_crx_guy
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Damnit....I can't remember the site offhand but someone had all thermal exhausts for 400...now if I could only remember where...doh
U may have been thinkin of www.landspeedracing.com , they have most for like $400 its like $445 for my rex. They rn't polished r they? Do the tips look good?

-BMan original
Old 09-24-2002, 12:40 PM   #10
branman_crx_guy
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
will try to get a sound clip of the thermal on my b16a sedan tonight.
Isn't any exhaust gonna sound really good with a B16a? I only got the D16A so i need something that can be loud with that. But i would still appreciate the clip, thanx.

-BMan original
Old 09-24-2002, 12:40 PM   #11
91zc
AF Enthusiast

It is a 4" tip. The usual on most aftermarket catback systems. If you don't like the polished look paint it black for the inconspicuous sleeper style.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:43 PM   #12
branman_crx_guy
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
If you don't like the polished look paint it black for the inconspicuous sleeper style
So the tip is polished? Cause that is wat i want (kinda hard to have a sleeper with a kit on ur car ). I thought it wasnt polished, shiny is good.

-BMan original
Old 09-24-2002, 12:49 PM   #13
91zc
AF Enthusiast

I've got a clip from when I had my ZC. It is just revving the car in my driveway. The quality isn't too good but I think you will get the picture.

Go to www.geocities.com/teampimports

Then click on car sounds
Then look for the 91 civic with ZC
Old 09-24-2002, 12:54 PM   #14
sastanley
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to sastanley Send a message via Yahoo to sastanley
Thermal R&D for Civic's - under $400 - maybe this is it John?
http://www.cnw.com/~redline/Thermal.htm

DOHC ZC, I,H,E, urethane bushings and mount inserts, rock chipped hood, some rust, stock steelies, nice comfy Integra seats, and the A/C works! What else could you want from an 18 year old car with 241,000 miles? Working on getting the Si tranny in now
sastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 12:57 PM   #15
91zc
AF Enthusiast

Yep that is it...I knew there was a place selling them a lot cheaper than 500 bucks. Good find.