Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Bugatti > EB Models
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 11:00 AM   #31
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Don't forget how light a champ car is, though.
And since a 800hp Lingenfelter TT 427 vette with cheater slick did 0-60 in 1.97s with wheelspin and a little shimy, the 4wd Veyron should be able to beat that. Which would be super-cool.
I can't wait till we get a road test. I expect we will be waiting about another year before that, though.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:17 AM   #32
Cabbie
AF Enthusiast

Hmmm interesting since VW also owns Lamborghini, some sort of technology transfer might take place and make it in the future versions of the Murci.
Cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 03:43 PM   #33
YellowMaranello
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YellowMaranello
Quote:
Originally posted by Cabbie
Hmmm interesting since VW also owns Lamborghini, some sort of technology transfer might take place and make it in the future versions of the Murci.
ug. I really don't like the Murci.
YellowMaranello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 08:10 PM   #34
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

I think you are the first person I know that doesn't like the Murcielago. By far, it is one of the nicest cars ever designed, and that's not just my oppinion. Did you ever see it in person? If you did, you might just change your mind. It is a truely beautiful car.
SuPeRcAr_MaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 09:04 PM   #35
Cabbie
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by SuPeRcAr_MaN
I think you are the first person I know that doesn't like the Murcielago. By far, it is one of the nicest cars ever designed, and that's not just my oppinion. Did you ever see it in person? If you did, you might just change your mind. It is a truely beautiful car.
When I first saw the Murci in the pictures I was not impressed - I though Lamborghini dropped the ball. Then when the Murcis came to our local dealer I started to change my mind. You really have to see this car in person and in certain angles to really see how beautiful it is. If course that just my taste. If you don't like it you dont like it
Old 02-13-2003, 09:39 PM   #36
YellowMaranello
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YellowMaranello
Quote:
Originally posted by SuPeRcAr_MaN
Did you ever see it in person? If you did, you might just change your mind. It is a truely beautiful car.
Yep, didn't change my mind. Maybe if I drove one.....
YellowMaranello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 11:10 AM   #37
Hudson
Old Mod

I've seen many cars in my life...including the Murcielago. It's not "one of the nicest cars ever designed" in my opinion...and I'm sure I'm hardly alone. Lamborghini has much to live up to and the Murcielago is just one of their designs...I wouldn't rank it among THEIR best. I, personally, would put it among the lower levels of Lamborghini cars.

Hey, but styling is a personal thing and Supercarman's statement that it is "by far...one of the nicest cars ever designed, and that's not just my opinion" is a bit misleading. Just because you and your friends like it, doesn't necessarily mean there are throngs of people who subscribe to this thought.

The Murcielago is a nicely designed car...I would never rank it among the "nicest cars ever"...and I don't know any automotive professionals or historians who would.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 02:22 PM   #38
yukioisnotsnow
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to yukioisnotsnow
the w16 motor is a freak of nature, but the veyron is only a superexpensive muscle car. the mclaren will still be the perfect supercar because of all it has to offer, not just in straight blazing top speed or 0-60 times. the mclaren does all it does on a v12 engine, the veyron needs an extra 4 cylinders, assuming it will beat the mclaren performance. its not a fair comparison, granted, i still think the mclaren will beat it on any track with more than 2 turns.

also, regarding the 911 dispute, for the difference you pay for the extra .4+ 0-60 times, its not justified. granted, if you can afford a veyron, you damn well better find a track to use it on, otherwise, what good is the extra top speed you aqcuire?
yukioisnotsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 06:24 PM   #39
Cabbie
AF Enthusiast

We can't really say anything about the Veryon until it has been thourghly tested on the track. Personally I don't like the styling but a lot of people have high expectations on the car's technical abilities.
Old 07-20-2003, 01:18 PM   #40
Joeyimpala
AF Newbie

I think what everybody so far has missed ,atleast what i have seen ,is the fact that the veyron it's self has no history.It is just a VERY fast and expensive car ,and i have heard of no plans to race it.All this car proves is it took a manufacturer 15 years and 1 million dollars to come CLOSE to the callaway sledgehammer.The McLaren has a road and race history that maybe never be repeted.

Last edited by Joeyimpala; 07-21-2003 at 06:48 PM.
Joeyimpala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 11:10 PM   #41
Hudson
Old Mod

Joey:

No history? Fifteen years? Please do some research before you come up with stuff like that.

I'll give you the BRIEFEST of histories of Bugatti. Ettore Bugatti built the first Bugatti Type 10 in 1909 and Bugattis started racing shortly afterwards. A Bugatti was entered in the fourth Indianapolis 500 in 1914. Bugatti won LeMans in 1920. Bugs too the first four places in the 1921 Italian Voiturette Grand Prix. Bugatti has a very strong racing history.

Another point you're missing is that the "Callaway Sledgehammer" was only a tuner car...not a production car. Bugattis have always been production cars.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:35 PM   #42
Joeyimpala
AF Newbie

Hudson or so-called "car enthusiast extrodinaire "
Nice to see that you READ my posting.Please note that i said the VEYRON IT'S SELF had no race history or any plans to(not bugatti as a company) ,and that it took a MANUFACTURER (not a tuner) 15 years to come close to the sledgehammers speed.Further more i do not need even the briefest history lesson on bugatti as a marque thank you.A very strong race history? ,no kidding!.They just have the most succcessful GP car in history (35a/b).In the future if you are going to correct someone ,or make a feeble attempt as you did to make them look foolish ,i suggest that you completely read and understand their posting before you reply and make yourself look foolish ,or more foolish as the case may be.
Joeyimpala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 01:13 PM   #43
Hudson
Old Mod

Joey:

Nice to see you EDITED your comments.

As you should know, tuners have much less to deal with than manufacturers. A tuner can make a product that only a few people would want and they don't have to deal with those pesky governmental regulations. A manufacturer needs to make a product where many more people would actually plunk down the cash...besides the emissions controls, crash testing, etc...

And the Veyron not having a racing history? How many cars have a racing history before ONE is produced?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Bugatti > EB Models