Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
murphey
AF Newbie

Arrow 1923 T-Bucket Rod project

OK, so I am building a 23 T-bucket street rod, I would like any suggestions as to what to use for suspension, engine, tranny, and steering....any help along with explanation would be greatly appreciated...it has a 49-54 chevy front end and a quick change rear end in it already...Thanks in advance!!
murphey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: 1923 T-Bucket Rod project

An entire industry has bene built around these cars. There are many new and reproduction parts, kits etc available these days. There all kinds of parts to allow you to modify an existing car or build one from scratch. Also there are many different ways to go, depending on your budget.

I would suggest picking up as many issues of various "street rodder" magazines that you can find. There are a couple of differnet mags that specialize in pre-1949 hot rods. Often these mags have articles, build-ups and advertisements from various suppliers for all the parts you need.

As for your current car..... if you already have a front and rear end in there already, why do you want to change? Do you have an original 23-T frame or a kit...... or one from another car? Is this for show or for street use? How much money do you want to spend? How much of your own work do you want to do?

More information would help us give you an informed opinion.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars