Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #16
nuge
AF Newbie

Re: grounding problem

thanks to everyone who responded to my thread. i still havent found the problem but i went today and bought an eliminator intelligent battery guard. i think they just came on the market i might be wrong on this. will hook it up tomorrow and see if that works. will keep in touch. again thank you all nuge
nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #17
nuge
AF Newbie

hi everyone who responded to my threads just an update on that eleminator i bought working perfect problem solved. sheebeehuh you what you said about the air ride was right on the money i heard the compressor cut in the other day with the car shut off thank you will get it looked at. again thanks all for your response to the thread. NUGE
nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #18
Selectron
AF Enthusiast

That's good news, Nuge - thanks for letting us know. And kudos to sheebeehuh for spotting the needle in the haystack - well done.

A thought just occurred to me, so for the benefit of anybody else who has to track down a similar fault in future, I'll just mention it - check to see if your multimeter has a 'Peak-Hold' feature - my expensive meter has it but my cheaper one doesn't. Leaving a meter hooked in circuit with that feature switched on would enable you to record the peak current which had flowed in your absence and it would help a lot in tracking down the source of the fault and the time intervals at which it occurred (if you checked and reset the meter every so often), so look out for that feature next time you buy a meter, because it's worth having.
Selectron is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria