Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #1
patoffspyder
AF Regular

F430 : Revell USA VS Fujimi?

Hi guys!

Revell just release their F430. Someone got it? I want to know if the fujimi's F430 is really better, because it's 3 times the price of the Revell version and I want to know if there is a big difference.

Thanks!
patoffspyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
gasman03
AF Enthusiast

Re: F430 : Revell USA VS Fujimi?

I'd say there equals. both are 1:24 scale, the Revell has a much nicer engine, but the wheels on the Revell are crappy. The price is the big difference between them. $10.95 for the Revell kit, compared to $37 for the Fujimi from HLJ.
gasman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
white97ex
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to white97ex Send a message via Yahoo to white97ex

dangit. more kits that I want. I want to pick up the skag, as well as the re-release of the 87 monte carlo......if only I had the money....shoot, I need the time as well.....

I'd rather be hated for Who I Am than be loved for Who I Am Not
white97ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:59 PM   #4
willimo
Sweet, sweet tiny Hondas.

$37? Hardly. Shipping SAL is rarely over $10 for me, either. Still, point taken, the price difference (and the wait!) is a huge detractor. As is the lack of engine. However, with as shoehorned in as that motor is, I don't know how much difference it makes, especially since you can see the motor through the glass, and don't need (in my opinion) and opening hood. The proportions on the Fujimi kit look much better, and in a surprise move by Fujimi, the car goes together perfectly and rides at the right height straight out of the box - you'd swear it was a Tamiya. Plus, the Fujimi kit has a lot of support from the aftermarket companies in Japan. I went for the Fujimi kit with the Accu-stion PE, and I love it even though the model was probably a bit on the pricey side.

Recent builds: Rocket Bunny FR-S and stock BRZ Toyota bB Bro-style Civic K20 powered SiR converted EK WIP I build slowly and poorly.
willimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:12 PM   #5
patoffspyder
AF Regular

Guess I will first grab the Revell one first, then maybe the F430 Spyder that Revell will not release.

Fujimi kit are good now? Because I am currently building the Fujimi's RX8 and this kit sucks, no detail, there is not even door panels. I still have the Gallardo, the Murcielago and the Diablo to build, I hope they are better than the RX8...

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #6
ZoomZoomMX-5
AF Fanatic

I only have an unbuilt Fujiimi; it's very nice and the ones finished have plenty of engine detail visible through the glass. Unless you're a total engine freak the Fujimi kit is the better of the two vs. Revell. Proportions are dead-on and ride height is good, wheel size is proper.

However the Revell kit is an excellent choice too. Here you have the engine detail, and if you spend a bit of time w/the wheels/tires/ride height many will not know the difference. And yes you can get it for about 1/2 to 1/3 of what the Fujimi kit costs in the US.

Here's an awesome Revell kit by Skylinefan:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=520943

And Willimo's awesome Fujimi kit:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=540278

See for yourself if the Fujimi is worth the extra dime or not, that's a personal choice. Either way you'll get a good model.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #7
hirofkd
AF Enthusiast

Generally, Revell USA kit for the US modelers, Fujimi kit for the Asian modelers, Revell Germany kit for the European modelers and finally the Fujimi + Revell hybrid for the true F430 enthusiasts regardless of location.

> patoffspyder
You can't judge Fujimi kit by their RX-8. It's THE worst Fujimi kit I've ever seen. As a matter of fact, if you dry fit the Gallardo, you wouldn't believe the two kits are from the same manufacturer.

hirofkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #8
Exotics_Builder
AF Regular

There are pros and cons to both the Fujimi and Revell kits (I have both). Right now I’m looking at “bashing” the two kits along with some parts from a Tamiya 360. I have the Crazy Modeler PE set (it’s quite nice) and am looking at the AcuStion 360 brake set to get the optional Carbon/Ceramic brake set.

But I need to finish my 360 Spyder first and then decide if I should go after the Revell “Skag”, do a Tamiya 360 converted to a Challenge or start the 430.

As a bonus, Griot’s Garage did a detailing at Lake Forest Sportscars last Saturday. Although the garage area was blocked off, I was able to get some shots of the cars and thought I’d add them here. Notice the back of the F430 and the two Enzo’s (No Stefan Erickkson jokes please). The Black Enzo, according to the service manager has 6000 miles on it and is used a few times a week as a daily driver. It was in for new brake pads.

Exotics_Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:00 PM   #9
ZoomZoomMX-5
AF Fanatic

The Revell USA F430 kit is a reboxed Revell Germany kit. Revell AG boxes are a bitch to get the parts back into after you open them, so the Revell USA version is an improvement.

The Fujimi RX8's are horrid. Nothing like the new stuff, and they even retooled the bodies somewhat but they're still sketchy-the interiors are a joke. Fujimi is finally getting their act together. The Diablos are okay, but not as good as the newer stuff. The Murcielagos are good if you revisit the wheel locations which aren't good OOB, and the Gallardo is nearly perfect, with only minor fitment issues of the side glass.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:23 PM   #10
patoffspyder
AF Regular

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Gonna get the Revell F430, then maybe the Fujimi F430 spyder once I will get more Cobra Colors paint.

The two build ZoomZoomMX-5 shows are awesome! I wasn't sure if the kits by Revell USA and the one by Revell Germany were the same.

Gonna give Fujimi another chance then, I still have 7 fujimi's kits to build (Along with 20 tamiya, 25 Revell, 5 AMT) I think I will have to stop buying kits soon ;-P
Old 05-10-2006, 01:32 AM   #11
ferrari2k
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to ferrari2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by patoffspyder
Guess I will first grab the Revell one first, then maybe the F430 Spyder that Revell will not release.

Fujimi kit are good now? Because I am currently building the Fujimi's RX8 and this kit sucks, no detail, there is not even door panels. I still have the Gallardo, the Murcielago and the Diablo to build, I hope they are better than the RX8...

Thanks!
That with the 430 Spider is wrong, I am just building one from Revell
ferrari2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:34 AM   #12
mickbench
AF Fanatic

I’ve got the Revell F430, as it was a lot cheaper then the Fujimi version. I’ve not built it yet, but it is fully detailed, and I felt it was fairly well proportioned, although I’ve heard a few screaming it’s not.

I’ve got a few Fujimi kits as well, and I’ve only built one to date – The WRX STi, a kit that was rumoured to be Fujimi’s best tooled kit to date. I will be honest, it drove me insane in the end, as even though it fitted fine, I totally missed that the ride height was so poor it looked horrid when completed.

Sadly, it did kinda put me off Fujimi, Revell are no better I guess but I’ve built Revell kits, and they start bad, so you take more time from the start, whereas the Fujimi fooled me a little. It started off perfectly fine, so I got lured into a false sense, and so wasn’t careful, and paid the price.

Me, I’m going to build the F430, I’ve already worked out if you put bigger wheels on it, it looks a whole different model, and much better. I’m more wary of Fujimi now.
mickbench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:26 AM   #13
Thegs
AF Newbie

I'm building the Revell one at the moment, just the body painted jet, not polished and dryfitted:

I think the Revell is a very nice kit. I live in Holland b.t.w. so its a Germay kit. I also bought the Spider yesterday, looks nice also.

Gerwin
Old 05-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #14
D_LaMz
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to D_LaMz

Does Hobby Lobby have the Revell Coupe version yet? Mine doesn't seem to have one.

D_LaMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #15
ZoomZoomMX-5
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_LaMz
Does Hobby Lobby have the Revell Coupe version yet? Mine doesn't seem to have one.
It was just issued in Revell US packaging so it may take a few weeks to get to Hobby Lobby, depending on how often your local store(s) restock. In this area you never know which store will have the latest stuff; there are a lot of Hobby Lobby's around Atlanta. No 1/2 off sales in a long time so I haven't even been there to know what is in stock

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling