Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Escalade | ESV | EXT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
duke350
AF Regular

2000 Escalade Heater

I have no heat and can not switch airflow from defrost.

I recently picked up a 2000 Escalade at a great deal needing an engine. I got the engine in and noticed it had no heat. Temp gauge and scan tool read fine, and no contact thermometer read hoses good. I figured somewhere along the way someone mixed coolant and heater core was restricted. I flushed (and back flushed) the heater core and have verified no restriction. With close to the same temp reading with the thermometer, I assumed that is fine and the blend door actuator is most likely not working. Then I noticed it is on the default defrost position also and will not change. I have no history on this car for this issue and have loads of receipts for work done before I bought it. I have read about people having issues similar after disconnecting the battery, and tried 2 different reset procedures, one by holding in the A/C button, and one by pulling the fuse. I have tried each reset procedure (in full) a couple of times and it is still not working. I would not think that both actuators would go bad at the same time, but as I said, it has been like this as long as I have had it so I do not know.
Is there anyone who might have any tips for common issues before I dive in and start troubleshooting? Maybe a confirmed reset procedure for this year?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
duke350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
gmtech1
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2000 Escalade Heater

Another proceedure to try, which I have had success with, is to disconnect both battery cables, holds the ends together for 30 sec (touching each other). This will deplete all capaciters in the vehicle. Then reconnect the battery, positive first.
Hope this helps!
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
duke350
AF Regular

Re: 2000 Escalade Heater

Thank you, will give this a shot later today. Will let you know if it does anything.
duke350 is offline   Reply With Quote