Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
bustedaurora
AF Newbie

Electrical/Lighting Issues?? HELP

Okay, we bought this 97 Olds Aurora back in August. Nothing but trouble since we got it and today was the tip of the iceberg. It started off that occasionally my parking lights wouldn't go off when I shut the car off. So, usually... with a few jiggles of the key, something would click and they would go off as they were supposed to. Then, that didn't work anymore and we had to pull the fuse that is under the seat. A yellow one. 20 maybe? So we kept that fuse out for a couple of weeks and I just didn't drive the car after dark. Well, I had to leave before daylight one morning to go to STL so I had to put the fuse back in. I got to my destination and the lights went off like they were supposed to. No problems. And it continued to stay this way for a few weeks. Then it started again. But I was able to jiggle the key most of the time and they would go off. Then it was back to taking the fuse in and out. I have to do this everytime I get in and out of my car because with the rain and the fact that it is getting dark earlier and staying dark for longer in the mornings, I needed my lights. Anyway, today it started making this weird buzzing/screeching noise and it sounded like it was coming from the dash. It has been doing this all day, whether the fuse is in or out, the lighs are on or off and even when the car is off. When I got off work this afternoon, I shut the car off, turned off my headlights, removed the fuse and the lights were STILL on. Then they started flashing on and off. What in the world am I dealing with here?? Thanks in Advance.

My guess is maybe something with the electric in the car in general. The reason I say this is because even my windows seem to lag when they roll down sometimes, not always. And my side view mirrors will move on their own. I will hear them buzzing and look and they are just moving all around, I constantly have to reset them back to where I need them.

Last edited by bustedaurora; 10-27-2009 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Left somethings out.
bustedaurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:18 AM   #2
peeweewasblue
AF Newbie

Re: Electrical/Lighting Issues?? HELP

Very common problem, here is a great response from previous poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolv View Post
I have the same problem found a link in a previous post on how to fix the problem.http://www.howardm.net/dred98/switchfix.php
peeweewasblue is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
electrical , fuse , headlights , lights , running
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora