Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna
View Poll Results: What do you think of Hyundai?
They are good and quality cars 3 50.00%
They are junk 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 08:07 AM   #121
hermes_1
AF Newbie

Re: HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofpan
To Hermes 1: Did you see in the list that you gave of the Best Cars by consumers reports, any Hyundai? Don’t you wonder why?
My friend, read the stats: japs cars rule. Japs cars are the most reliable in the long term. Of course as I said, it’s your money.
So don’t be sarcastic, because you will be like Fanny. And after all, I can also be sarcastic.
Mr Yahoo!, sir!!!! You distort the FACTS again and again !!!! If your intent is to inform others then you need to present facts!!! Do not bring LIES!!! and half truths to the table!!!! I live in the US of A!!! I donot deal in LIES and distortions!!! You used data for the CR 2007 list!!!! I used data from the current list and, as even you can see, Hyundai is on top!!! Hyundai rules, Dude!!! Hyundai is Number one!!! Rated higher than the Japanese!!!

The current CR ratings: (note top rating for Elantra SE)
They also scrored in Budget cars (Automatic transmission) & Budget cars (Manual transmission)

Small cars (Automatic transmission)
Hyundai Elantra SE $17,980 27mpg Controls, ride, standard stability control on SE, braking, transmission, emergency handling, reliability
Old 09-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #122
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93

1. I was not the mod who closed the poll, therefor i cannot answer as to why it was closed.

2. I believe I've said nothing to personally insult you, yet you insult me when i point out a glitch in your posts.

3. the comment from Hermes was directed toward Greece not you.

This is a warning to EVERYONE in this thread.... if it gets personal, bans will handed out without question to all parties involved.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:13 AM   #123
sofpan
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblurr93
... that man on the 'little motorcycle' is me... and that motorcycle was going about 40mph... Live life everyday as if it were your last, because its amazing how fast life can turn on you and be taken away in an instant.
Mate, you justify me. If that man is you, do you think is sensible to do those things?
There are little boys, kids of 13 years old, 15 or 16 years old in this site that see that 'madness' of yours. What if they try to do the same and hurt themselves? Do you care about that or not?
And if you live this way, then you have more possibilities to have a short life, or a life as a cripple (if you have an accident). Of course that’s your choice.

Isn’t this irrational? Isn’t this madness? All of you – the readers of this site—give your own answer.

But why to influence kids or young men?
Do you hear parents that you are reading this site? Greenblurr93 is proud for this action with the motorcycle and showing this to us… to your kids.

As for the warning, don’t be bothered mate. If they ‘expel’ me from this site without reason, I will go to another site. But I am polite and I answer tough, only when I am challenged and only when the other deserves it. Have you notice that with Hudson and lowsonoma1999, we have different opinions but speak polite to each other. Hudson and lowsonoma1999 are serious collocutors, the others no. So I give everybody the respect he deserves.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #124
sofpan
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblurr93
the comment from Hermes was directed toward Greece not you.
And I am a Greek. Understood?

Don't insult Greece if you don't want me to insult USA. If you want it, I can do it very well.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:35 AM   #125
hermes_1
AF Newbie

Quote:
isn’t this irrational? Isn’t this madness? All of you – the readers of this site—give your own answer.

But why to influence kids or young men?
Do you hear parents that you are reading this site? Greenblurr93 is proud for this action with the motorcycle and showing this to us… to your kids.
This is one of the most bizarre threads I've read recently. You rant, scream and stomp your little feet, but you do not present objective information, except to cut paste obsolete information and information that says Hyundai is not top rated in all catergories all the time. It is too bad you had a sad experiences with a '98 Hyundai. It is a fact that Hyundai has improved the quality of its cars. it is a fact that every Hyundai owner I have talked w/ (except you) like their cars. It is a fact the CR rated the 2008 Hyundai Elantra best smalll car, automatic trans i think.

As a prospective Hyundai Elantra buyer I was looking for objective information when i started reading this threaD, then becAme amused with your irrational off the wall responses. It appears I'm going to have to start my own thread re: driver/owner experiences w/ the elantra.

Good luck to you and yours and I hope you find peace in your life.

Hermes
Old 09-18-2008, 11:35 AM   #126
Hudson
Old Mod

Now you just KNOW you're losing the battle. First it was quality, then it was "long-term" quality, and now it's dealer service? Move the target and you might think it can't be hit...but you fail to notice we've hit it over and over. You're moving a target that already has a number of arrows solidly in it.

Quote:
VDS is a long term study? It is for 3 years cars. That is medium term, not long. The only study that is ‘long term’ is DEKRA’s for the large mileage. This study is for me the most reliable, trustworth… and what this study showing? The Hyundai models are below average in every category (see comment 79).

As for the ‘Total Satisfaction’ where Hyundai bottoms dear Hudson, is a wider meaning than just construction quality and cars’ durability. It contains the after sales service and others as you mentioned, so it is a very interesting indicator. And Hyundai almost Bottoms! …and not only almost Bottoms but also gets lower absolute points between consecutive years…. That proves that Hyundai is becoming Worse.
First: Measuring long-term quality on cars from the mid-1990s does NOT measure the quality of cars built recently, which is the point that has been made over and over. Hyundai quality has improved dramatically. Your DEKRA posting means nothing here.

Second: YOUR definition of "long-term" is incorrect for a car. Cars are not meant to be life-long partners. We're not talking houses here, we're talking about vehicles that are designed to be driven over a wide range of terrain and in a wide-range of weather conditions...starting in all these conditions and getting its passengers to destinations far and wide. No manufacturer in 1998 offered a 10-year warranty...many didn't even offer 5-year warranties. Today, 10-year warranties are offered by only a few companies in the US...Hyundai is among them. And 3-5 years is long-term for a car, not "medium term" as you want to believe. Besides, a 3-year survey allows for all design flaws to be discovered by their owners and have enough still on the road to make the survey viable. Your car, by your own accounts, would have done great. It's just as your car approached the end of an average car's lifespan that you're seeing burning oil? I assumed you were smart enough to see facts...but I guess I assumed wrong.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #127
Skywalker1977
AF Newbie

YES! I knew I could bring out the troll in you! Not perfect but a good effort! I admit I had some help AND I DEFINITELY APPRECIATE IT. It takes a village to raise a troll! You were fading fast but had a nice little troll comeback.

Troll Points
Long windedness - 6 not so much because of length but troll style!
Link riddledness - 3 only one yes, but it's a fact spun into a troll opinion. Any more?
Emoticons fullness - 5 no real ones but an insulting pic? Great! Always points for that!
Irrationalness - 7 Your strong point and with a twist to the past! Getting boxed in is a troll trait. Good Job!

Overall Troll Total (OTT) 5.2

Am glad my efforts are paying off. 10 point trollness is in sight.

"As you can see, they first insulted me and I just answered them as they deserve." - our resident Hyundai Hater

HOW DARE YOU YET AGAIN SIR now this really trollish YOU INSULTED US JUST BY STARTING THIS THREAD! HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!? ON A SUB SITE CREATED FOR HYUNDAI OWNERS!

You have no discernment what so ever sir!
If your intent was to show the evils of Hyundai why not WRITE TO HYUNDAI or START A BLOG. I surmise your intent was to offend. **REMARK REMOVED BY MODERATOR** The very essence of atroll

"in the overall performance of JD Power VDS Study of 2008, Hyundai as a manufacturer is (only) < trollness at it's finest in the 13th position," - our resident Hyundai Hater

"ONLY" SIR? Again, as you again fail to mention, Hyundai is 13th........................out of 37 makes! Making it better then MOST OF THE FIELD! YOUR THOUGHT HAS FLED FROM REASON SIR!

"I put in your face Fanny, the prize of Worst Car (of all categories) that Accent took in 2004, given by Top Gear." - our resident Hyundai Hater

WHAT IS THIS SIR! Are you really trying to equate a comical award, given out by a small group of editors, to a real award given out by a prestigious company (JD Power) that surveyed over 58,000 people! Misinformation is your middle name sir!
short term memory loss and being boxed in - classic trollness .

*PICTURE REMOVED BY MODERATOR* Oh pleeeease Mr. Greenblurr93. Reconsider. He would've gotten a better troll score if I knew what it was!

I have to say this was a group effort. We all haveWON!

Hyundai's rule !

Last edited by Greenblurr93; 09-18-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:48 AM   #128
cmhj2000
AF Regular

One definition of insanity. One that does the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Time for a vacation from this noise.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #129
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Watching this thread the last 6 weeks =
Time to put it to rest.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
Old 09-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #130
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93

sofpan... can't be nice... so take a vacation...

warnings have been personally sent to other members as well concerning their attitude in this thread...

And P.S. i expect parents to teach their kids to be safe before they let them ride a motorcycle of any kind... and actually.. for your information.. i was paralyzed in a near fatal car accident this last march when my car hit black ice on the highway and lost control... I was able to regain some movement again within 8 hours of the accident and support my own weight within a day... after a month i had 98% movement and stability...

Im a FIRM believer in when its your time to go, you will go... so why not live life to its fullest? There is a saying and i wish i knew the author but everywhere its quoted says 'anonymous' but it goes something like this...

"You shouldnt live life with the intent of arriving to your grave in a neat, well pressed suit... rather... slide in sideways, thoroughly worn out and screming 'WOO! WHAT A RIDE!'"

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna