Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna
View Poll Results: What do you think of Hyundai?
They are good and quality cars 3 50.00%
They are junk 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #106
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999
Re: HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes_1
Consumer Reports Used Car Verdict - very good to excellent for the '06 elantra, which I'm going to buy
Good choice btw. I like the '04-'06 Elantras best out of all their years. The '07+ take some getting used to, especially with the electric steering.
17665 Terry Lee Crossing
Noblesville, IN 46060
Old 09-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #107
hermes_1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsonoma1999
Good choice btw. I like the '04-'06 Elantras best out of all their years. The '07+ take some getting used to, especially with the electric steering.
I started out by looking for a Honda Civic or Toyota Corallo '06 '07 but in the Baltimore area they cost just a $1,00.00 or so less than a new one.

How can i check to see if the Elantra has ABS brakes and possibly ECS suspension? I live in the city so I might go w/ the SE but have the dealer swap the alloy wheels for steel wheels. I believe the steel wheels are 15" and the alloy wheels are 16" will that effect handling?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:29 AM   #108
sofpan
AF Newbie

To fanny ‘Skywalker1977’ (the picture above dedicated from me to you, I believe showing your character): You are repeating that Hyundai rules. I saw in your Profile, that you own a 2005 Ford Taurus. So mate, instead of nonsense bla, bla, bla, I suggest you “Put your Money where your Mouth is”.
Sell the Ford and buy the Hyundai that you support. If you do it, you will Regret it and lose your Money. Go ahead mate, if you dare…

To Hudson:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson
And the luck you speak of is not there either. Hyundai's score has improved every year

Let’s see the ‘every year improvement’: JD Power Hyundai owners total satisfaction (the highest points, the better) Year 2008 Survey (comment 79):
In Germany Hyundai took 789 points, ranked 19th between all Manufactures from 795 that had in 2007 and 786 in 2006. Hudson, 789 of 2008 is smaller than 795 of 2007, so we have Hyundai’s decrease of quality (=satisfaction) between the two years in absolute points… and the points that gets, are irrelevant to other car manufacturers. In this study Hyundai with the points that gets every year, is only competing itself (the performance that Hyundai had in the previous year).
No other solution than Hyundai decrease the (poor) quality that has.
Is this the only example? No. Because…“Once a junkie, always a junkie”.
In England Hyundai took 792 points, ranked 17th, from 795 that had in 2007 and 813 in 2006. 792 points < 795 points < 813 points. Absolute Down from 2007 and 2006 (for 3 consecutive years). Hmmm… Hudson, do you see quality’s increase here?
In France Hyundai took 758 points, ranked 21st, from 769 that had in 2007 and 761 in 2006. Absolute Down between 2008 and 2006 showing to us that Hyundai cars are bad but getting even worse than previous years. Watch that the points Hyundai gets in France are smaller than these that gets in Britain and Germany.
Conclusion: Worst Hyundai cars than previous years, period!
Understand it?

Quote:
In the past four surveys, Hyundai's score has surpassed such great names as Volkswagen, Mini, Saab, Mercedes-Benz (2005 and 2008), Porsche (2006 and 2007), and Volvo.

Now Hudson you have a selective intelligence. Because you refer only to US study and avoid the studies of the same organisation (JD Power) in England, Germany, France. In these Countries, almost all these brands that you mention, are above Hyundai. Check the relative links again.

So dear Hudson the facts belie you: Hyundai as it seems from the facts, has low quality and durability in the long term and the quality construction is not stable, in some years Hyundai increase the quality (just to confuse consumers) and some others decreases the quality. Studies shown that!

To Hermes 1: Did you read the comments where I criticize Hyundai? And you want to buy a Hyundai? Well… it’s your money… if you like you can also burn them.
Don’t you wonder yourself why all the “Hyundai Defenders” we have here, avoid to answer and define what is Quality and Durability in a Car, despite my continuous questions? Why is that, if not because Hyundai has no quality?

And now, some new things:
Let’s see now the list of the best cars, according to consumers’ reports.

Fun to drive - Mazda MX-5 Miata
Small SUV - Toyota RAV4
Small sedan - Honda Civic
Family sedan - Honda Accord
Minivan - Toyota Sienna
Luxury sedan - Infiniti M35
Midsized SUV - Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Budget cars - Honda Fit
Green car - Toyota Prius
Upscale sedan - Infiniti G35

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/industry/japan-on-top-in-consumer-reports%e2%80%99-list-of-best-cars/

See? Japs cars rule. Consumers reports say that. Hyundai is absent. Why? Whoever has sense, can understand…

Old 09-17-2008, 08:13 AM   #109
Hudson
Old Mod

There's an old saying "people who live in glass houses should not throw stones." Selective intelligence?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofpan
Let’s see the ‘every year improvement’: JD Power Hyundai owners total satisfaction (the highest points, the better) Year 2008 Survey (comment 79):[/font]
"Total Satisfaction" does NOT equal quality, as you are trying to state. "Total Satisfaction" takes into account dealer service and sales along with many other non-product related items.

I use the US Vehicle Dependabilty Survey because it meets YOUR demand for long-term measurement and it's among the MOST reliable surveys as it has a long track record. The VDS numbers for Hyundai have gone DOWN (lower is better) every year and at a rate faster than the rest of the market, which is apparent in its better ranking year after year.

Besides, your quoted numbers vary no more than 2%. That's within statistical error of being FLAT, not going down. Sorry...you've proven yourself incorrect AGAIN!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #110
Skywalker1977
AF Newbie

I am soooo disappointed in you sir. This is no more then 5.0 troll http://www.paulgraham.com/trolls.html rant at best. Damn it sir, I will make you into a 10 point troll yet! First the point scale so you'll know what your weaknesses are -

Long windedness - 6 Are you running out of breath? This is pretty small.
Link riddledness - 1 One link?
Emoticons fullness- 1 and only one pic?
Irrationalness - 7 Still strong but I read better from you!

Hmmm....... Need something to get you going. Ahh....

In Germany Hyundai took 789 points, ranked 19th between all Manufactures from 795 that had in 2007 and 786 in 2006. Hudson, 789 of 2008 is smaller than 795 of 2007, so we have Hyundai’s decrease of quality (=satisfaction) between the two years in absolute points… and the points that gets, are irrelevant to other car manufacturers. In this study Hyundai with the points that gets every year, is only competing itself (the performance that Hyundai had in the previous year). But they only surveyed 16,000 people Sir!

In England Hyundai took 792 points, ranked 17th, from 795 that had in 2007 and 813 in 2006. 792 points < 795 points < 813 points. Absolute Down from 2007 and 2006 (for 3 consecutive years). Hmmm… But they only surveyed 19,000 people Sir! In France Hyundai took 758 points, ranked 21st, from 769 that had in 2007 and 761 in 2006. Absolute Down between 2008 and 2006.But they only surveyed 18,000 people SIR! Conclusion: Out of all the people surveyed how many had Hyundai's for it to even matter?

And now, some RELLY new things:

Let’s see best cars, according to consumers’ reports.

Small sedan Hyundai Elantra SE
Redesigned for 2007, the Elantra is a well-rounded small car. It provides good fuel economy, a comfortable ride, and an interior that’s quiet, roomy, and well equipped. It also has standard electronic stability control, a proven safety feature that’s absent on many other small cars. The Honda Civic EX and Mazda3 are more fun to drive, but lack ESC on more affordable versions. Price: $18,000.

Midsized SUV Hyundai Santa Fe
Redesigned for 2007, the much-improved Santa Fe edged out the Honda Pilot in our tests. It provides a quiet and roomy interior, excellent fit and finish, a refined powertrain, a relatively good ride, and an optional third-row seat. Standard ESC helps provide secure handling. Price: $22,000 to $31,000.

So again I WIN

Hyundai's rule !
Hyundai's rule !
Hyundai's rule!
Hyundai's rule!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #111
sofpan
AF Newbie

Fanny Skywalker1977,
you find the population of these JD Power studies small? So you question the methodology of JD Power. I don't care about that. Hudson and others "Hyundai Defenders" more serious than you, don't question JD Power.
As for the population of these studies, is enough big for the study to have reliable results. ...and the results of these studies are more important than your opinion, and other 3 or 4 "Hyundai Defenders".

Why fanny Skywalker didn't answer to my question: if you support and believe so much that Hyundai are good cars, why don't you get rid off your Ford and get a "precious" Hyundai?

Bye fanny!

P/S: Can't you find some icons of yours? Why you copied the little chicken that I dedicated to you? Obviously, or you like it because it characterise you or you like to copy like Hyundai that you admire copies quite often from others auto makers.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #112
sofpan
AF Newbie

Hyundai in 17th position between 28!
Great position!

Gimme more... gimme more...

Its brother KIA in 25th position! Wow!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:51 PM   #113
Skywalker1977
AF Newbie

Quote:
Fanny Skywalker1977,
you find the population of these JD Power studies small? So you question the methodology of JD Power. I don't care about that. Hudson and others "Hyundai Defenders" more serious than you, don't question JD Power.
As for the population of these studies, is enough big for the study to have reliable results. ...and the results of these studies are more important than your opinion, and other 3 or 4 "Hyundai Defenders".
resident Hyundai Hater.
OH! JD Powers now SIR! Did you succumb to the Edmunds quote? No negitive Edmunds retort? HOW DARE YOU BACK TRACT TO JD POWER. YOUR MENTAL MIDGETRY MISTIFIES ME. Troll like yes, but I've already seen such said things. http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...ub-compact-car

Hyundai Accent JD Power's award recipient.

(Sigh)........I'm failing you. No No, it's not your fault it's mine. I thought you would reply with more trollyness then this. Your regressing. But I still have faith in you. Let's see where you are at this point -

Long windedness - 3 I'm expecting a "2nd wind" soon. I know it's in you!
Link riddledness - 0 No excuse for this

Emoticons fullness- 1 Again, no excuse.
Irrationalness - 5 A legitiment question? That's not troll like. That's more human!

Overall troll score 2.5
My score was more liberal in your other rant but I don't think I should do that
at this point. Your fading too quickly. .....got to keep you going.
Hmmmmm.....................

"Why fanny Skywalker didn't answer to my question: if you support and believe so much that Hyundai are good cars, why don't you get rid off your Ford and get a "precious" Hyundai?" - resident Hyundai Hater.

I have you know sir that I owned an Elantra between 2002 and 2005 and with over 60,000 miles on it and it was very good! I traded for the Taurus because of a growing family and it was cheap. Couldn't wait for the 06 Sonata but the new Genesis is VERY APPEALING! SO THERE SIR!

P/S: Can't you find some icons of yours? Why you copied the little chicken that I dedicated to you? Obviously, or you like it because it characterise you or you like to copy like Hyundai that you admire copies quite often from others auto makers.-resident Hyundai Hater

Pssssss......Why should I when your doing the work for me!

So again I WIN

Hyundai's rule !
Hyundai's rule !
Hyundai's rule!
Hyundai's rule!

Old 09-17-2008, 01:23 PM   #114
hermes_1
AF Newbie

Quote:

To fanny ‘Skywalker1977’ (the picture above dedicated from me to you, I believe showing
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/industry/japan-on-top-in-consumer-reports%e2%80%99-list-of-best-cars/

See? Japs cars rule. Consumers reports say that. Hyundai is absent. Why? Whoever has sense, can understand…

Mr Bart, Mr Dufus, Mr Yahoo! or whatever your name is. The reference to consumers Report you cite is from 2007 ". . . Influential magazine Consumer Reports has come out with its annual list of the ten best cars of 2007, and once again Japanese automakers have dominated the results. . . "

The current CR ratings: (note top rating for Elantra SE)
They also scrored in Budget cars (Automatic transmission) & Budget cars (Manual transmission)

Small cars (Automatic transmission)
Hyundai Elantra SE $17,980 27 Controls, ride, standard stability control on SE, braking, transmission, emergency handling, reliability.

Honda Civic EX (AT) $19,610
NA
28 Powertrain refinement, fuel economy, crash-test results, cabin storage, reliability. Road noise.

Mazda3 AT $17,940 NA
27 Handling, fuel economy, turning circle, reliability. Road noise, small trunk, IIHS side-crash test w/o side- or curtain air bags.

Honda Civic Hybrid $22,400
NA
37 Fuel economy, low emissions, fit and finish, cabin storage, crash-test results, reliability. Road noise, no fold-down rear seat.

Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 $23,580
NA
24 Interior room, fit and finish, crash-test results, turning circle, ESC standard on most trims. Coarse engine.

I truncated the list because it is too much to paste.

So, Mr Yahoo! you must admit times have changed! However, all of us have empathy for you and your sad experiences with a 1998 Hyundai. :-( BTW, was it assembled in Greece? manufactured in Greece? If so, that explains a lot! Tell me who runs the government in Greece these days? Any political coups lately?
Old 09-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #115
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93

Quote:
....a award from jdpower doesn't proves anything.....

....So for me this kinds of awards are worthless....
Just throwing this out there.... you dont trust JDPower when they have something good to say.. but love to use them when you can twist their information to suit you?
Old 09-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #116
Skywalker1977
AF Newbie

Come on. You can do it! I know the troll in you is dying to get out! I keeping hope alive. Maybe if we all put our hands on our computer screens and chant for the troll in you to come out......

I do see bits of trollness in your writtings. What more can I do? I implore not to fade now. My faith has been shaken by your lastest "rant" but I must press on. Troll points -

Long windedness - 1 Did you just paste most of the "rant"?
Link riddledness - 0 Are you even trying?
Emoticons fullness - 0 What reason is there not to?

Irrationalness - 6 I gave you points for the falsity and double talk

Overall Troll Total 1.8

Sorry to say keep this up and you will lose your troll status.

"Mr Bart, Mr Dufus, Mr Yahoo! or whatever your name is. The reference to consumers Report you cite is from 2007 ". . . resident Hyundai Hater

SIR, HAVE YOU NO SHAME! TO DISINFORM YOUR READERS! But full of trollyness GOOD JOB HERE

I quote CR, SIR!

April 2008
Top Picks 2008
The best models for 2008

This year’s Top Picks in 10 categories include four new models. For the first time since 2005, a U.S. model, the redesigned Chevrolet Silverado, made the list as our choice in pickup trucks. And for the first time ever, a South Korean automaker is represented: The Hyundai Elantra SE and Santa Fe are our top small sedan and midsized SUV, respectively
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...U=51&HBX_PK=pi

Quote:
....a award from jdpower doesn't proves anything.....

....So for me this kinds of awards are worthless....

"Just throwing this out there.... you dont trust JDPower when they have something good to say.. but love to use them when you can twist their information to suit you?"
THANK YOU MR. Greenblurr93 for showing us that his absurdness knows no bounds!

A 1998 Hyundai? YOU HAVE CONFUSED ME WITH ONE OF YOUR EMEMIES SIR. very troll like, there's still hope!

Mr Greenblurr93 and I both WIN!

Hyundai's rule !
(sorry to break the happy Hyundai dance tradition but the dancing chicken little is priceless)

Old 09-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #117
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999

Quote:

Hyundai in 17th position between 28!
Great position!

Gimme more... gimme more...

Its brother KIA in 25th position! Wow!!!
This is their CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index) score. This does not rate their quality or durability. This CSI score, is probably based off the purchasers general sales experience. Whether they think they got a good car for the money, were they treated properly by the salesmen, did the salesman go over the features of the car with them, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. Our CSI score for sales at my dealership is consistently around 93-95%, there are good dealers, and there are bad. This is just the average, but still nothing to do with quality or durability.
17665 Terry Lee Crossing
Noblesville, IN 46060
Old 09-18-2008, 03:57 AM   #118
sofpan
AF Newbie

Quote:
I use the US Vehicle Dependabilty Survey because it meets YOUR demand for long-term measurement and it's among the MOST reliable surveys as it has a long track record. The VDS numbers for Hyundai have gone DOWN (lower is better) every year and at a rate faster than the rest of the market, which is apparent in its better ranking year after year.

VDS is a long term study? It is for 3 years cars. That is medium term, not long. The only study that is ‘long term’ is DEKRA’s for the large mileage. This study is for me the most reliable, trustworth… and what this study showing? The Hyundai models are below average in every category (see comment 79).

As for the ‘Total Satisfaction’ where Hyundai bottoms dear Hudson, is a wider meaning than just construction quality and cars’ durability. It contains the after sales service and others as you mentioned, so it is a very interesting indicator. And Hyundai almost Bottoms! …and not only almost Bottoms but also gets lower absolute points between consecutive years…. That proves that Hyundai is becoming Worse.

To Fanny: You didn’t like the JD Power study that surveyed 16.000 people. So, let’s examine the US JD Power’s VDS Study of 2008, that surveyed more than 58,000 owners as I read in its site. Well in 11 segments of Cars and 8 segments of Trucks and MAV, so totally 19 segments, JD Power announces the 3 top vehicles (in every segment). So we have 19 segments multiply 3 tops = 57 tops totally.
Hyundai/KIA Group is in the 5th position of annual global sales. Where we can find Hyundai Group in the top lists?
Only one appearance with Accent (I believe it is or luck or a nice try from Hyundai to confuse the consumers)… nothing more… So let’s do the stats… 1 to 57 is 1/57 that is 1.75% when the market share of Hyundai Group (globally annual sales) is around 7.0%. Well done Hyundai!!! Great performance!!!
Furthermore, for the 1st position of Accent in JD Power’s study, I put in your face Fanny, the prize of Worst Car (of all categories) that Accent took in 2004, given by Top Gear.

Of course if you, the “Hyundai Defenders” think that this performance of Hyundai Group is good, that’s yours problem.
Every other serious auto maker that is in the JD Power’s VDS 2008 Top List, is there with more than only one appearance.
…and in the overall performance of JD Power VDS Study of 2008, Hyundai as a manufacturer is only in the 13th position, with 200 problems in every 100 cars, just marginally above the average (206/100) and of course with ‘lucky strike’. If you are happy with this, that’s OK with me… For me First is the Best, Faq the Rest. It seems that your logic is of the kind that we must achieve the average… bad for you…

See the link if you like with JD Power rankings:
http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/releases/pressrelease.aspx?ID=2008115

And finally to Fanny: Once again by not owning a Hyundai, you just proved that You don’t put your money where your mouth is.
So…

*PICTURE REMOVED BY MODERATOR*

To Hermes 1: Did you see in the list that you gave of the Best Cars by consumers reports, any Hyundai? Don’t you wonder why?
My friend, read the stats: japs cars rule. Japs cars are the most reliable in the long term. Of course as I said, it’s your money.
The reason that I opened this Thread is only to warn my fellow consumers. I don’t have something to win. I lost when I bought my Accent… and by the way… my Accent is a genuine Korean. In this Thread I try to warn the other consumers not to make a mistake. I have pure motives. So don’t be sarcastic, because you will be like Fanny. And after all, I can also be sarcastic.

To Greenblurr93: I don’t trust no one that I can not check him/it. Do you know that an organization like JD Power doesn’t paid off to show us some good rankings? Can you prove this? No.
But I use the datas of JP Power and others organizations, just because I want to show to all “Hyundai Defenders” that Hyundais are not good, by their logic. So we don’t have any noetic non-conformity. Understand? Or is it difficult for you?

*INSULTING REMARK REMOVED BY MODERATOR*

Last edited by Greenblurr93; 09-18-2008 at 05:48 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:48 AM   #119
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93

Insulting a member (let alone a moderator) is the quickest way to earn a vacation from this site, I've let you stay because no matter how twisted your opinion is, it is still welcome here.... consider this your one and only warning

And by the way... that man on the 'little motorcycle' is me... and that motorcycle was going about 40mph... Live life everyday as if it were your last, because its amazing how fast life can turn on you and be taken away in an instant.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:36 AM   #120
sofpan
AF Newbie

[quote=Skywalker1977]I know the troll in you is dying….[quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes_1
So, Mr Yahoo! you must admit times have changed! However, all of us have empathy for you and your sad experiences with a 1998 Hyundai. :-( BTW, was it assembled in Greece? manufactured in Greece? If so, that explains a lot!
To all others and moreover, to Moderator: aren’t those comments above, insulting to me?

As you can see, they first insulted me and I just answered them as they deserve.

If someone is civilized, I answer him with civilize way.

And consider how polite I was to Hermes_1.

By the way, is the Poll in the beginning of the Thread OK? I see a message always that says that Poll is closed. Why?

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna