Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna
View Poll Results: What do you think of Hyundai?
They are good and quality cars 3 50.00%
They are junk 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:35 PM   #91
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93
Re: HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!

I honestly think at this point this is some lonely 16 year old boy who has nothing better to do on his parents computer than to string you guys along with meaningless posts... and to be quite honest... its very entertaining to think that someone could be either:

A. this naive
B. have nothing better to do with his life
Old 09-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #92
Skywalker1977
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhj2000
ROFL

Right on! Like a dog with a bone.

I've seen wasted bandwidth, oops I just wasted some more.
Yea. This is a good time waster too!
I'm bored so I'll bite.

Let's see what happens when I do this

Hyundai's rule !
Hyundai's rule !
Hyundai's rule!
Hyundai's rule!
Old 09-15-2008, 04:39 AM   #93
sofpan
AF Newbie

Dedicated to “Hyundai Defenders”, with love:

I copy from Edmunds.com:

Lowest True Cost to OwnSM Vehicles for September 2008
Have you ever wondered which new vehicles are the least expensive to own? We're talking about the vehicles not necessarily with the lowest purchase price, but with the lowest total ownership cost? Well, Edmunds.com's editors and data analysts decided to roll up their sleeves and figure that out.
We started by gathering all of the necessary data, and then used our proprietary True Cost to OwnSM (TCOSM) algorithms to estimate the five-year cost of owning each new vehicle currently in the market. The result is our list of those vehicles with the lowest overall ownership cost in their respective segments. A vehicle's competitive segment is determined by body type and the sales-weighted average MSRP of all styles within the model/body type combination.

Pssstttt… buddies…. guess what… Hyundai is absent from all categories. As you can see, Hyundai Motors despite that is in the 7th position of annual global sales (just because it has cheap cars that seems to be good, without to be), is absent from this list. Hyundai is absent from the list because it has a big overall cost in the long term.

So, Hyundai is Worthless.

This study agree with me, in the theoretical example that I made in comment 61 with the comparison of Accent and X brand. Enjoy…

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/tco/2008/index.html

No other brand of the top selling, sucks so much….. piahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------à>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now see what I'll do when I would like to get rid off my junk Accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VD-PNfqOFI

I will go at the back side of car, where it says the name of the model and I will change “Accent” to “Accident”!
In the video you just show, it isn’t random that this junk car was a Hyundai…

----------------------------------------------------------------
For the Webmaster of this site: why the Poll that I opened in this Thread is closed?
I had define the Poll to last long. Why is closed?
Old 09-15-2008, 05:44 AM   #94
gob 455
AF Newbie

I had 2 friends that bought Hyundais back in the early 90's. They were junk by the time they had 90,000mi on them. I don't see alot of them in my shop thiese days. I have put 3 air flow sensors in one 01 Accent in the last year and a half, but this car has 160,000mi on it and is realy beatup.I also have had a lot of trouble with parts quality this year. I think Hyundais quality has improved is because it can. Toyota and Honda have been building quality cars for 25 years, and fetch a preimum price new or used. Their reputation procedes them, and they have a loyal customer base to justify this cost. Hyundai can only improve, where Honda and Toyota have toped out. So, unless they spend more money (which will drive up the price) there is no room for improvment. Hyundai sells their cars for less, so they can spend more on improvments and still under cut Honda and Toyotas price. That is why the quality has improved and is getting closer if not comperable to Honda and Toyota. The same thing is happening with Kia.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:59 AM   #95
cmhj2000
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker1977
Yea. This is a good time waster too!
I'm bored so I'll bite.

Let's see what happens when I do this

Hyundai's rule !
Hyundai's rule !
Hyundai's rule!
Hyundai's rule!
Hey that's great.

Anything to keep the useless but at times entertaining noise coming.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:16 AM   #96
Skywalker1977
AF Newbie

[quote=sofpan]Dedicated to “Hyundai Defenders”, with love:

I copy from Edmunds.com:

This is pretty funny

I challange you sir !

I too copy from Edmunds

"Hyundai is a Korean automaker with a product line that has improved considerably over the past few years."
http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/history.html

Hyundai's rule !
Hyundai's rule !
Hyundai's rule!
Hyundai's rule!

What say you!
Old 09-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #97
Skywalker1977
AF Newbie

No long winded, link riddled, emoticon fulled, rational less comback?

I WIN!

Hyundai's rule !
Hyundai's rule !
Hyundai's rule!
Hyundai's rule!
Old 09-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #98
cmhj2000
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker1977
No long winded, link riddled, emoticon fulled, rational less comback?

Carefull or he'll blow a head gasket and that'll be Hyundai's fault too.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:27 AM   #99
sofpan
AF Newbie

To Hyundai fanny Skywalker1977 (brainless fan of Hyundai).

So dear Skywalker1977 in the same link that you gave, in Edmunds

http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/history.html

it writes: “Unfortunately, Hyundai's nascent image was soon tarnished by the poor durability and reliability of its vehicles….”. Ooooooppppssss!!!! Hyundai à No quality, durability and reliability…

….And a summary because the summary is the mother of knowledge.

Edmunds - Top 10 Cars With the Worst Residual Value for 2008 (in comment 77): Hyundai Group bottoms with 5 to 10 cars with the worst value. …the nowadays Hyundais, not the oldies…

Edmunds - Lowest True Cost to Own Vehicles for Sept. 2008 (comment 94):
Hyundai is absent from all categories. As you can see, Hyundai Motors despite that is in the 7th position of annual global sales (just because it has cheap cars that seems to be good, without to be), is absent from this list. Hyundai is absent from the list because it has a big overall cost in the long term.

JD Power- VDS Study 2008 for US (comment 79): Hyundai is in the 13th position in Overall Dependability. For me, the 13th position for a manufacturer that is in the 7th position of global annual sales is Failure. Hyundai in 13th position was marginally above the average (so... I say it was lucky this time).
And consider that the Study is for the 3 years old vehicles. I don't believe that 3 years is "long term". For cars age 3 years it’s a medium term, not long term.

JD Power Hyundai owners total satisfaction (the highest points, the better) Year 2008 Survey (comment 79):
In Germany Hyundai took 789 points, ranked 19th between all Manufactures (what a quality!?!?), from 795 that had in 2007 and 786 in 2006. So “Hyundai Defenders” as we can see from the decreasing absolute points that Hyundai gets, is proving that quality is not stable but many times is decreasing. Understand it?
In England Hyundai took 792 points, ranked 17th between all Manufactures, from 795 that had in 2007 and 813 in 2006. Absolute Down from 2007 and 2006. Conclusion: Worst Hyundai cars than previous years. Understand it?
In France Hyundai took 758 points, ranked 21st between all Manufactures, from 769 that had in 2007 and 761 in 2006. Absolute Down from 2006 showing to us that Hyundai cars are bad but getting even worse than previous years.

Germany’s ADAC last reliability 2008 study (comment 79): we found 3 korean models, the Hyundai Getz, KIA Picanto and Hyundai Tucson in the lists of ADAC. Those models took the last position in their category… Hyundai’s Group high “quality” of nowadays cars… Great!

Germany's DEKRA releases 2008 car reliability report (comment 79): Hyundai in the high mileage is absent and as I saw in these lists, Hyundai was below the average of all brands. That means that Hyundai had more problems than average.

DesRosiers Automotive Consultants with data from R.L. Polk Canada (comment 83): the percentage of old cars (11 to 15 years old) that are still on the roads, according to this Organization. Hyundai is in 30th position among 33 manufactures, ranked 4th from the Bottom. Once again, Hyundai bottoms! The proportion of old Hyundais that is still in use in the roads, is 32.8%, when the average is 60.6%. Hyundai is only above Lada, Isuzu, Suzuki.

Studies have shown Hyundai's Worthless
So, I show you studies from Edmunds, JD Power, ADAC, DEKRA, DesRosiers Automotive Consultants and Top Gear (remember Accent as The Worst Car of 2004 and the video with the worst cars of the century?), all of them showing that Hyundai in medium term (3 to 6 years) sucks! And I tell you that in the long term (11 to 15 years) Hyundai is one of the champions of Worthless (see DesRosiers Automotive Consultants, in comment 83).

...but 3, maybe 5 fannys support/defend Hyundai
Now… you Skywalker, my friend Hudson and my buddy lowsonoma1999, all this crowd of 3 people, maybe there are another two of them (sorry if I forgot someone), they say that Hyundai is a cars’ brand with quality and durability… well… you are wrong.

If you ask me if Hyundai improved in general, from 1990 to 2000+, I’ll answer you that maybe Hyundai improved a little, but that doesn’t mean that the improvement was enough to reach the quality standards that must have a cars company that in the 7th position of annual global sales.
Hyundai back in ’90 was Junk in the power of 3, now it is Junk in the power of 2.
What an improvement?!?!?! Less Junk than before! And of course, the improvement is not stable as I show you some lines above (underlng) in JD Power studies in England, Germany and France.

Dudes,

I scored first 100!

Last edited by sofpan; 09-16-2008 at 06:02 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:34 AM   #100
cmhj2000
AF Regular

Same old dog, same old bone. Waiting for something new.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:16 AM   #101
sofpan
AF Newbie

Dear cmhj2000....I'll tell you only one thing:

Oldies but Goodies!

Old 09-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #102
Hudson
Old Mod

Since most of your post is not worth replying to (or already has been covered to DEATH), I'll, once again, point out how little you know here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofpan
JD Power- VDS Study 2008 for US (comment 79): Hyundai is in the 13th position in Overall Dependability. For me, the 13th position for a manufacturer that is in the 7th position of global annual sales is Failure. Hyundai in 13th position was marginally above the average (so... I say it was lucky this time).
Your quoted ranking of 13th position is among car BRANDS whereas the ranking of 7th among MANUFACTURERS...two different concepts. The manufacturers who rank above Hyundai in the quoted JD Power survey are Toyota (Toyota and Lexus), Ford (Mercury, Lincoln, Jaguar), GM (Cadillac, Buick), Honda (Acura, Honda), BMW, Porsche, and Mitsubishi. Wow! That's 7 manufacturers who have brands above Hyundai...and you believe that there are only 6 manufacturers larger than Hyundai?

And the luck you speak of is not there either. Hyundai's score has improved every year over the past three surveys faster than the rest of the industry, showing a steady improvement over time...hardly luck. In the past four surveys, Hyundai's score has surpassed such great names as Volkswagen, Mini, Saab, Mercedes-Benz (2005 and 2008), Porsche (2006 and 2007), and Volvo.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #103
Skywalker1977
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhj2000
Same old dog, same old bone. Waiting for something new.
Yea. His reply was a little on the weak side and a little late. I guess he was trying to find that cool "clapping joker" pic. But still, I give it a 6.5
Long winded and rational less but not as long like the others, points for the pic though. And what happened to all the links and emoticons? Is he losing the balance between ridiculous and pointless? Still, isn't his resistance against futility is amazing!

I'm not just waiting for him to blow a gasket but for his head to explod!

Unfortunately, Hyundai's nascent image was soon tarnished by the poor durability and reliability of its vehicles….”. our resident Hyundai Hater
............HOW DARE YOU SIR! How conveniently you leave out the rest of that Edmunds statement! YOU WITLESS COWARD!

"However, rather than abandon the American market in the '90s, Hyundai chose to invest heavily in new product designs and improvements in overall quality and reliability." - Edmunds

I WIN!

Hyundai's rule !
Hyundai's rule !
Hyundai's rule!
Hyundai's rule!

Old 09-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #104
hermes_1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofpan
Dedicated to “Hyundai Defenders”, with love:

I copy from Edmunds.com:
You are quite the nut job, sport, or have too much time on your hands.

I'm looking for a used car and find the '06 elantra is highly recommended as evidenced by thr following.

Consumer Reports 2008 Best Small sedan - Hyundai elantra se

consumers report recommended used car - Hyundai Elantra

Consumer Reports Used Car Verdict - very good to excellent for the '06 elantra, which I'm going to buy

kelley blue book 375 reviews 4.4 out of five stars

edmunds.com reviews '06 Hyundai Elantra editors rating 7.5 out of ten consumers rating 8.8

edmunds consumers top rated $15k - $25k Hyundai Azera
Old 09-16-2008, 10:07 PM   #105
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999

I might as well throw this out there too. Out of the October 2008 issue of Motor Trend magazine, with a road test of the new Genesis V8. This is a direct quote.

".......and projected three-year residual value, which according to Automotive Lease Guide, ranks above that of the BMW 550i, Infiniti M45, Lexus GS460, and Mercedes E550."

See, there resale value is slowly moving up over the years, but I guess you still won't understand that either.
17665 Terry Lee Crossing
Noblesville, IN 46060

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna