Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna
View Poll Results: What do you think of Hyundai?
They are good and quality cars 3 50.00%
They are junk 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #16
internationalist
AF Newbie

Re: HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!

Hyundai is a relatively new manufacturer compared to the rest. In business, if you are the new guy, you have a lot more to improve on. It is almost impossible to start at the top especially in the extreme competitive automotive manifacturing. This is exactly what hyundai is doing, they are improving, not the other way around. Trust me if their cars did not improve majorly in quality their sales would not be so high right now regardless of fuel prices or the cheap prices of their cars.

A three year old 2005 model is keeping it's value much better than a three year old hyundai did in 1998. The cars have improved over all and there is no evidence saying otherwise. New better quality cars from Hyundai will not improve resale value on older models that were known to have poor quality.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #17
Hudson
Old Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofpan
Don't you think that there are to many anomalies, all against me?

First anomaly: my 1998 Accent that wold be better than a middle 1978 car, is proven to be worse.

Second anomaly: my friend's Kadett of 1978, even if the rule -as you say- is that "the older, the worse", have last better than my Hyundai.
That's ONE anomaly described two different ways.

Quote:
Yes I would appreciate if you show me because I am not an easy believer.
If you can't find them, you're obviously not looking.

Quote:
I respect your experience. But you ought to admitt that you have some special interests that connecting you with Hyundai Motors.
I have no connections to Hyundai. I have never taken a paycheck from Hyundai and I have never had my name on the title of a Hyundai vehicle. I have, however, driven many of them over the years and I find them to be such a good deal that I have recommended them to close family members (and they have enjoyed their ownership experiences).
Quote:
Remember: the salesman when I bought my Accent back in 1998, told me that it was a quality car. The facts made him liar.
The facts made him a car salesman. It's his job to get you into the vehicle.

Quote:
Don't Hyundai showing the respect that ought to have to a customer, have to fix it, accepting its fault?
I dare you to find ANY car company in the world who will fix your engine entirely at their cost after a decade! If that's what you call "respect," you're not going to get it from anyone.
Quote:
And I, in basc economics, I learned that "Customer has always right".
In advanced economics, you learn that the customer is NOT always right. When the cost outweighs the benefit, it's just easier to tell the truth and explain to the customer that he's wrong. The benefit of paying for your old engine to be replaced for you to drive for another 5-10 years without buying another Hyundai does not outweight the cost of it. This is in addition to the fact that your car has been in service for A DECADE...a point you fail to accept.

Quote:
They are real accidents. It is obvious by the details.
The details aren't obvious. Do you have the vehicle for me to inspect? Can you tell me that the accident was in a place where the airbag definitely should have deployed? Just because the car was hit doesn't mean the airbags should deploy. And like I said before, if he survived a 65mph hit then the accident wasn't directly in his side where the airbag should have deployed and would have probably SAVED HIS LIFE. Instead, he survived without it. Without the ACTUAL DETAILS of the story, I can't say that Hyundai was at fault here.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #18
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999

I'm curious then, what do you consider a quality car then? With your screwed up logic, the new companies would have the highest quality. Well, if that is true, then Hyundai would be a car of better quality than just about everyone else out there since they are the newest. What about GM, Ford, and Chrysler. All have been around 100 years or more. How do these cars even make it off the factory lot. If their quality has been declining over the past 100 years, then I don't see how the cars even run at all. Hyundai started making cars for Ford in 1968, and began to make their own cars in 1975. Toyota's first cars around 1935, Honda in 1963, your beloved Opel in 1899, do you want me to go on? Mitsubishi, 1917; VW, 1937. etc.

The reason I brought up the Lexus examples was because Lexus is supposed to be the pinacle of quality. In JD Powers surveys, the Lexus is the only car that consistantly beats the Hyundai in initial quality. Toyota, Porsche, Honda. Sometimes they are higher, sometimes lower. Plus, there are idiots that come into the Hyundai section of this forum that don't know a thing about them. I don't know how many times someone will start a thread stating that Hyundais are crap, buy a Toyota. Most of these people don't even own a Hyundai, they are just immature, and feel like starting trouble. Everybody thinks Toyota is the greatest. This is all based off of image, not the FACTS. When I first started here 6 years ago. An ad in the paper just said south side import dealer looking for assistant parts mgr. I faxed in my resume, I get a call back and caller ID says Indy Honda. I was excited I was going to be working for a Honda dealr. I get down there to find out it was actually for the Hyundai, Suzuki, and Isuzu dealer. The Honda dealer was next door, owned by the same person, and all bills were paid out of the Honda store, thus being the reason Indy Honda showing on my caller ID. Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed, but it paid good, so I took the job. After only 6 months, I had changed my mind on Hyundai and bought one myself.

Ok, enough of my ranting for tonight, be back tomorrow to see what more drama has developed.
17665 Terry Lee Crossing
Noblesville, IN 46060
Old 08-07-2008, 08:18 AM   #19
cmhj2000
AF Regular

Wonder what he really thinks?
Old 08-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #20
sofpan
AF Newbie

I welcome all of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by internationalist
It is almost impossible to start at the top especially in the extreme competitive automotive manifacturing. This is exactly what hyundai is doing, they are improving

Yes Internationalist, you wrote a comment but you didn’t read well the previous comments. If you have did this, you would have seen that I said that car industries, among them and Hyundai, do improvements but no to quality and durability of their cars. They are doing improvements to other sections. Sections like technical features (speed, acceleration, fuel consumption etc) and safety (airbags, ABS etc).
That’s because the automotive industry is very competitive, the industries have to sell in low prices. By the pressure of low prices, the only thing that is easy to reduce is quality. Because quality can test it only in long term. You can not test quality by a test drive.
So the next time, don’t be rush. Read carefully the previous comments so no need to make repeats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by internationalist
A three year old 2005 model is keeping it's value much better than a three year old hyundai did in 1998. The cars have improved over all and there is no evidence saying otherwise.

I haven’t conviced yet. What are the proofs of that improvement of quality that you all declare? You haven’t show even one thing that proves that quality increased in the passing of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson
I can show you DOZENS of cars from 1977 that, in comparison, will make your Accent look like a Rolls-Royce! ...
If you can't find them, you're obviously not looking.

My friend Hudson, you said that you will show me dozens of oldies cars that will make my Accent look like a Rolls. When I kindly accept your offer, you told me that I have to look for. What logic is this? Please, I tell you again that I want, you to show me these cases. Otherwise you just talk...

Quote:
I dare you to find ANY car company in the world who will fix your engine entirely at their cost after a decade! If that's what you call "respect," you're not going to get it from anyone.

Yes dear. I will find a company. It will be Hyundai. Hyundai will pay for the disrespect that show to me, when happened to have a diseffective engine (in my Accent). Hyundai will pay its fault.

Quote:
The benefit of paying for your old engine to be replaced for you to drive for another 5-10 years without buying another Hyundai does not outweight the cost of it.

Be careful readers of this topic about Hyundai.
Hudson that usually defends Hyundai, just admitted (see his quote) that Hyundai sells cars to last 5 – 10 years, that is an average of 7.5 years but the range that give is from 5 years.
Come on luckies, buy the Hyundai quality cars that they last 5, even and 10 years. What a company! I will buy tomorrow!!!
Hudson also admitted that the purpose of Hyundai (and I say, every other company) is to sell a car to last this long, so after that time period the consumers to have to buy a new car!

I knew it! That the car industries make improvements to the cars to bo attractive to consumers (design, technical features, fuel consumption, safety) but they reduce the quality, the durability of the cars, so the customers have to change them every 7 years and car industries to take our money that we earn it by hard working. I knew it! Do you know it? Thanks Hudson!

Quote:
The details aren't obvious. Do you have the vehicle for me to inspect? Can you tell me that the accident was in a place where the airbag definitely should have deployed?

I repeat: the owner of this Tiburon that was in the accident and he is alive by luck, doesn’t share your opinion, that you pretend ignorence. Come on Hudson. You are a clever guy. Honestly, I believe you are the most clever of the “Hyundai Defenders” in this topic I opened.
So dear Hudson in what circumstances you believe that the airbags would deployed? At 100 miles per hour? When the Tiburon would exploded? At these circumstances, it would be worthless. It doesn’t have to be expert someone to understand some problems...

And last but not least, my second beloved, lowsonoma1999.
[font=Arial]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [/FONT
lowsonoma1999]I'm curious then, what do you consider a quality car then?

I have told that thing many times. I consider a car industry has quality, when its cars are durable, last with no important problems for 15-20 years (my friend’s Kadett is 30 years, so 20 years it’s not large time period – Ofcourse for you that have a different opinion about quality is large), have non expensine maintenance costs and have strong after sales service, showing respect to each customer. That’s my opinion about quality in cars.
Now I will pass the question back to you:

What do you consider dear lowsonoma1999 about cars’ quality?
With details please... I am very curius...

[font=Arial]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [/FONT
lowsonoma1999]... if that is true, then Hyundai would be a car of better quality than just about everyone else out there since they are the newest

Maybe I made a mistake and I didn’t give you understand. What I say and what I mean, is that when a player in new in the game, has to make good products. The products that will produce the new player, is depending on the knowhow that has. The knowhow of new cars industries ofcource is low. That’s why in the first years use the engines of other much more experienced makers. So when I say that the new players produce good cars, I mean that they build them strong with good quality materials.
The new players in the first years can not have the technology it has an experienced player that is many years in the merket, but they can build a strong car that will last for many years, so the customers to be happy for their choise, and when it will be the time to change their car, to buy another from the same brand. The difference between the new player and the old is the technology that the old has and the new hasn’t. And technology refer to mechanical perfomances like spped, acceleration, fuel consumption etc. In those areas the new player can not compete the old player but in the area of durable parts and strong materials can compete the old player. It only has to pay for the good quality materials.
But as the years passing and the new player isn’t anymore a rookie, after some years that make sales and have customers, at a slowly rete, gains fans. Fans have no brain.
Fans as in soccer or basketball are just saying that their team is better than every one else. So like this, the fans of car brands will buy again the same brand, no matter the quality. Consequently after some years in the market, the relative new player gains experience (= increased technology but technology doesn’t mean quality), gains size of sales and fans, so ensures its sales with the marketing help. But by the pressure of low cost of its products –because auto industry is very competitive- it has to retain the cost of production in low levels.
How will achieve that? It can make new agreements with its suppliers but the easiest way, is to reduce quality, to make its cars last less years than lasted when it was rookie.
And our dear Hudson admitted (look above).

All these for today. Greetings folks!
Sofianopoulos Panayiotis (sofpan) sofpan@yahoo.com
Old 08-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #21
Hudson
Old Mod

Quote:
My friend Hudson, you said that you will show me dozens of oldies cars that will make my Accent look like a Rolls. When I kindly accept your offer, you told me that I have to look for. What logic is this? Please, I tell you again that I want, you to show me these cases. Otherwise you just talk...
The comment was a retorical answer but if you were here, I'd show you the cars. Since you're not, all you have to do is open your eyes the vehicles around you.
Quote:
Yes dear. I will find a company. It will be Hyundai. Hyundai will pay for the disrespect that show to me, when happened to have a diseffective engine (in my Accent). Hyundai will pay its fault.
Dream on, kid.
Quote:
Be careful readers of this topic about Hyundai.
Hudson that usually defends Hyundai, just admitted (see his quote) that Hyundai sells cars to last 5 – 10 years, that is an average of 7.5 years but the range that give is from 5 years.
Come on luckies, buy the Hyundai quality cars that they last 5, even and 10 years. What a company! I will buy tomorrow!!!
And you picked on another posted for not reading comletely? I mentioned YOUR car lasting "another" 5 to 10 years. Unless the math you were taught is different that elsewhere in the world, that would give your car a 15-20 year lifespan.
[quote=sofpan]Hudson also admitted that the purpose of Hyundai (and I say, every other company) is to sell a car to last this long, so after that time period the consumers to have to buy a new car!
Again, read. I said that the job of a SALESPERSON is to sell you a car. It's Hyundai's business to profitably build and market their products. Replacing the engine in a car that has lived beyond the average lifespan of a car (which is, actually about 8-10 years) is NOT in their best interests. It's in your best interest to TRY to get them to do it, but you will fail. Sorry...it's the way things work.
Quote:
I knew it! That the car industries make improvements to the cars to bo attractive to consumers (design, technical features, fuel consumption, safety) but they reduce the quality, the durability of the cars, so the customers have to change them every 7 years and car industries to take our money that we earn it by hard working. I knew it! Do you know it? Thanks Hudson!
In the US, the desire is to get people in and out of their vehicles every 4-5 years, not 7. Once the warranty period is over, there's no reason you should go after the manufacturer for a fault you've found on your car. Vehicles have practical lifespans and the average is well under ten years. If I died at 100 years old, which is well above the average lifespan of a person, I wouldn't expect my family to mourn my loss...if you car is still alive at 10 years, you should be THANKFUL, not mad at Hyundai.
Quote:
I repeat: the owner of this Tiburon that was in the accident and he is alive by luck, doesn’t share your opinion, that you pretend ignorence. Come on Hudson. You are a clever guy. Honestly, I believe you are the most clever of the “Hyundai Defenders” in this topic I opened.
So dear Hudson in what circumstances you believe that the airbags would deployed? At 100 miles per hour? When the Tiburon would exploded? At these circumstances, it would be worthless. It doesn’t have to be expert someone to understand some problems...
You obviously don't know how a car works. If the car was hit by a bullet train doing 200 mph, I wouldn't expect the airbags to go off unless they were within the designed parameters. If you have a head-on collision, the front airbags should deploy. If you get broadsided at a 90-degree angle directly on the b-pillar (the post just behind the driver's side door), then the side-impact bags should go off. But the story you posted described (vaguely) how the door came in on his legs, leading me to believe that the "65 mph" collision occurred closer to the front fender of the car than the driver's side door. Without more information, I would NOT expect the airbag to go off.
Quote:
...my friend’s Kadett is 30 years, so 20 years it’s not large time period...
A thirty-year old car is ANCIENT. Heck, a 15-year old car is ancient. A car that is driven regularly should not be expected to live more than 8-10 years. If it does, you should count yourself as lucky. If it makes it to 10 years, you should count your blessings that you got that much value out of it.
Quote:
...How will achieve that? It can make new agreements with its suppliers but the easiest way, is to reduce quality, to make its cars last less years than lasted when it was rookie.
And our dear Hudson admitted (look above).
Cars are redesigned every 4-6 years. When that happens, new contracts are drawn up from most of its suppliers. EVERY company has the same opportunity to get improved (higher quality, lower price, etc) parts from suppliers...actually, older more established companies have a BETTER chance of doing it because they have a longer relationship with these suppliers.

You asked earlier about how you can lower cost and not lower quality. If you make a new product, you have to design and engineer it, tool up the factory, and get subsuppliers on board. If you continue to make the product, you've paid for the design, engineering, tooling, factory, etc...which allows you to lower the price. This is how some parts are made less expensive for car companies, therefore they can improve the quality of other parts (in addition to the improved quality on the lower-cost part when the supplier has learned how to make it better or more efficiently).

I'm sorry if I'm talking over your head. These are common ideas throughout the automotive industry. And your insistence that Hyundai pay for a problem in your ten year old car is an incredulous thought.

You may have been taught that believing in something long enough will make it come true, but it's just not the case. You say that you won't buy from Hyundai again, and I'm sure Hyundai is happy to hear that you won't be bothering them in the future.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #22
sofpan
AF Newbie

Dear Hudson
and lowsonoma1999

I offer you an Olympic Cease-Fire to enjoy the Games.
The deal is me and you two, to pause post comments for as long lasting the Olympic Games that start tomorrow (8th of August). If is OK with you two, lets have it.
My friend lowsonoma1999 can answer if he wants, to my last comment.
You Hudson already did it.

So if we agree, I will not post a new comment, but I will have the right to answer to anyone else. To be fair, you will have the same right (answering to anyone else).

Of course, I will answer you right away after the completion of the Olympics.

So do we have a deal?

Old 08-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #23
cjgt2
AF Newbie

I think this blows the whole "Hyundai's hasn't improved" thing away.

Award Recipient

2005 Hyundai Accent

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...e-#page-anchor

Sorry sofpan
Old 08-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #24
sofpan
AF Newbie

Welcome cjgt2!
And I was curiοus if you would come in this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjgt2
I think this blows the whole "Hyundai's hasn't improved" thing away.

My friend cjgt2, a award from jdpower doesn't proves anything.
The title of jdpower site is www.jdpower.com
Do you know the "com" what is for?
For Company.
  • A Company want revenues.
  • How can we know that is not paid by the companies to advertise them?
  • How can we know that this company has not connected interests with Hyundai Motors?
  • Do you know it?
  • And if you know it, how you know it and how you're sure?
  • Can you check them?

NO! You can't.

So for me this kinds of awards are worthless, like Hyundai's products.

You want to speak for awards? Lets speak.

Many of the "Hyundai Defenders" say that I am basing my opinion to one car, that I am not an expert like you and Hyundai improved its cars in the last years. Let’s see…

Probably the most known globally television programme about cars, is “Top Gear” (UK). I watch this programme and here, in Greece . The guys in this TV Programme knows a lot about lots of cars. They are very experienced and their opinion is important. I believe they are trustworth because if they weren’t the Programme wouldn’t have such a cuccess.

So “Top Gear” declared Hyundai Accent of 2004 the worst car of this year!

What is just said? THE WORST CAR OF THE YEAR.

Ouch! Hyundai did it again!!!

Did I awarded Hyundai? No. The world famous "Top Gear" did.

Yes… the Accent of 1994 that everyone of you, the "Hyundai Defenders", tells me that since 2000 and after, Hyundai Motors improved its cars… No men… Hyundai didn’t improved its cars. Hyundai reduced the quality.
I don’t say that, me that I am strange… the most famous globally and trustworthy TV series about cars said it, the “Top Gear”.

Of course someone is wrong. Who is wrong? The globally famous “Top Gear” or all of you, the "Hyundai Defenders", that may be you are famous, but I don’t think that you are so much famous as “Top Gear”. And because I know that all of you, will try to question the value of “Top Gear’s” opinion, I will tell you that global fame and recognition it’s not gained easily by a television programme from the spectators globally.

So, enjoy the link all of the "Hyundai Defenders". See the great prize od Hyundai. Great cars!!!

http://www.tv.com/top-gear-uk/series...1/summary.html

So sorry cjgt2!
Old 08-08-2008, 02:40 AM   #25
sofpan
AF Newbie

Greetings Racecraze! Welcome!
Yes. I admitt that Hyundai/KIA Group is in the 5th position globally on yearly Sales. See the comment No. 5 (mine) in the first page of this topic.
But I question the quality and reliability of Hyundai.
I question heavily Hyundai by facts and common sense.
If you haven’t read the whole topic from the beginning, read it slowly. It worths. You will see my opinions and “Hyundai Defenders” opinions.

I don’t intend to make another new accusing comment for Hyundai in the period of Olympics, unless I get provoked.
I will continue after the Games.

So, enjoy the Games!!! opcorn:

P/S: If Hyundai was a man and participating the Olympics, I am sure that he wouldn’t be a champion! Hehehe!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #26
Hudson
Old Mod

Quote:
My friend cjgt2, a award from jdpower doesn't proves anything. ...A Company want revenues. ...How can we know that is not paid by the companies to advertise them?
Quote:
Probably the most known globally television programme about cars, is “Top Gear” (UK). I watch this programme and here, in Greece . The guys in this TV Programme knows a lot about lots of cars. They are very experienced and their opinion is important. I believe they are trustworth because if they weren’t the Programme wouldn’t have such a cuccess.

So “Top Gear” declared Hyundai Accent of 2004 the worst car of this year!
Let's see...you TRUST the company that produces Top Gear, a TV program associated with a magazine that makes its living off of selling ADVERTISING but you don't trust the company that makes its living off rating the quality of goods and services? You're selectively blind, aren't you?
Old 08-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #27
cjgt2
AF Newbie

"Probably the most known globally television programme about cars, is “Top Gear" "- Sofpan

It is? Show me a link on how it's shown globally. It's hard trying to find the magnazine in the US, let alone the TV show. But you know what, I'll show you why THEY said the Hyundai Tiburon was a better drive then the Lexus SC430
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuLRzVHN6ik

To tangle you in your own web even more , going by your logic, cars get worse as time goes on. A car now isn't as good as a car made years ago but how does that explain all the cars lasting longer more so then they ever did?
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/31/c...les-and-years/
http://money.cnn.com/2006/02/15/Autos/cars_age/

Speaking of awards, the Hyundai Elantra was named top pick in the class by Consumer Reports but CR is a NON PROFIT organization. Did Hyundai sneak money to them? If so why not pay for ALL the awards? And why now when they could've done it years ago?

Any more lame ducks you want me to shoot down?
Old 08-09-2008, 04:16 AM   #28
sofpan
AF Newbie

Cool Re: HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!

Quote:
Let's see...you TRUST the company that produces Top Gear, a TV program associated with a magazine that makes its living off of selling ADVERTISING but you don't trust the company that makes its living off rating the quality of goods and services? You're selectively blind, aren't you?

Its not a simple company. The Company behind “Top Gear” is BBC. I personally trust much better the BBC than JDPower. I didn’t even knew JDPower that cjgt2 mentioned. I assume that globally, that population that knows “Top Gear” is by far bigger than the population that knows JDPower.

And be careful Hudson: I didn’t say that I trust absolutely any “massive opinion leader” organization like “Top Gear” and JDPower. In any of those organization that influences the people opinion, I don’t know what they are their (organizations’) real interests and purposes. These organizations may take money from enterprises and companies.
The non-profit organization doesn’t assure us that is not “accepting” money... I can not check them, you can not check them, so how you are sure? For me those “ratings”, “positionings”, “awards” etc, doen’t interest me, they are without value.

But If any of you, the “Hyundai Defenders” challenge me, as cjgt2 did with this “award” to show us that Hyundai is great, it is very easy for me, to smash his reasoning, by his own way of thinking, that allow me to present him a same but more heavily “award” from a organization that is more known and famous (Top Gear agains JDPower).

So I am not selectevily blind. As I said, I don’t trust absolutely none of these organization. The absolute right, is my opinion from my experience. But of course, if you ask, between Top Gear and JDPower, I trust more Top Gear. You know why? Just because I know that “Top Gear” is associated with BBC, I know that it takes advertisements (how JDPower or any one that is non-profit organization, lives? With no money? Only with air?), and has a globally viewers population to judge it.
So “Top Gear” is much more “clear” and “open” than JDPower. If Top Gear misinformed its viewers people, the same people, its fans would have discredit it and would have stop watching the Series. But no. They keep watching Top Gear. This made me understand, that in general terms, Top Gear is trustfull but JDPower, I don’t even know it.

Cease fire for the Olympics?

Greetings Hudson!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #29
Hudson
Old Mod

Quote:
[/font]

Its not a simple company. The Company behind “Top Gear” is BBC. I personally trust much better the BBC than JDPower. I didn’t even knew JDPower that cjgt2 mentioned. I assume that globally, that population that knows “Top Gear” is by far bigger than the population that knows JDPower.
Interesting assumption, but JD Power is a well-known company globally. And they're a diverse company with distinct consulting and ratings divisions. Unlike BBC whose business it is to make money off of TV shows and magazines. BBC gets its money from advertising. JD Power gets its money from companies who want to know where they rank in the world.
[quote=sofpan]But If any of you, the “Hyundai Defenders” challenge me, as cjgt2 did with this “award” to show us that Hyundai is great, it is very easy for me, to smash his reasoning, by his own way of thinking, that allow me to present him a same but more heavily “award” from a organization that is more known and famous (Top Gear agains JDPower).

Quote:
...But of course, if you ask, between Top Gear and JDPower, I trust more Top Gear. You know why? Just because I know that “Top Gear” is associated with BBC, I know that it takes advertisements (how JDPower or any one that is non-profit organization, lives? With no money? Only with air?), and has a globally viewers population to judge it.
Nobody said JD Power was a non-profit. But their business is to rank companies within their markets. Which I would trust before I'd trust a publishing company, since I've worked in both areas and know how little you can actually trust the media.
Quote:
[font=Arial]So “Top Gear” is much more “clear” and “open” than JDPower. If Top Gear misinformed its viewers people, the same people, its fans would have discredit it and would have stop watching the Series. But no. They keep watching Top Gear.
Sure they keep watching it. It's ENTERTAINMENT! If it wasn't entertaining, it would go off the air, no matter if its facts were good or not.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:52 AM   #30
sofpan
AF Newbie

Quote:
Interesting assumption, but JD Power is a well-known company globally. And they're a diverse company with distinct consulting and ratings divisions. Unlike BBC whose business it is to make money off of TV shows and magazines. BBC gets its money from advertising. JD Power gets its money from companies who want to know where they rank in the world.

The (any) TV program is controled and checked by a big population (viewers). How, any organization like JDPower (profit on non) is checked and controled?
And I repeat: I don’t trust absolutely none, except my experience and common sense.
If Top Gear is more trustworthy than JDPower, I leave it to our readers judgement. I will not argue on this anymore.

I finger all these “Hyundai Defenders” that in “Yahoo! Answers” coordinated reported “abuse” to my answers-warnings about Hyundai. They all make a joint, so my Account suspended.
Cjgt2 are you one of those?
All those guys only showing their fear about me. Otherwise they wouldn’t have problem with my answers.
Yessssss............................ be afraid of me, all you “Hyundai Defenders” that you prove that you don’t like dialogue.
You don’t like dialogue because you have wrong and Hyundai is worthless.
No matter what you will do, you will find me above you.
You will “cancel” me in one site, I will appear in one other site.
You will not get rid of me.
....Afraid!!!

Last edited by sofpan; 08-12-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna