Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 12:31 PM   #1
kenman1717
AF Regular

2013 t&c 62te trans, why is it so hard to check the fluid.

I had previously bought the dipstick from AST tools for the Chrysler transmissions so I would have it if needed. The dipstick I got has the levels in 10mm sections. Anyway I had to replace the cooler lines on this 2013, they had been leaking, how much or how long I don't know. So I put 1 litre of +4 in, fluid was on the stick so I went for a drive to warm it up, check for leaks, operation, etc. So according to the instructions with the dipstick and alldata, in addition to the chart to use the scan tool to monitor temp and at certain temps should correspond to a certain measurements. I'm in Canada so the temp gauge is in Celsius, operating temp in around 93-95c, which is on the chart, but it also says 200F is the operating temp, ok fine. My scan tool is a Snap On modus ultra and its only in farenheit. Anyway the scantool is slowly going up, but it was staying around 116F and the measurement on the dipstick was nowhere close to what it should be at that temp. But according to the chart at 93C it should be 40mm on the stick, so I figured since according to the gauge it was around 90C or so, and the measurement was about 35mm I just left it. This has really gor me confused, this is the first one of these I've done. Was I wrong and should have let it run for another hour which it already had plus I drove it.
kenman1717 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager