Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Racing Discuss racing, share kill stories, provide track info, etc.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-20-2001, 12:09 PM   #1
SKYLINE_95
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to SKYLINE_95 Send a message via Yahoo to SKYLINE_95
Who wanna see supra vs Ferrari F355

Here is the video of SUPRA kicking some F355

just click here and see it :

http://www.toprpm.com/video/toprpm_v08.rm

Thats what I call real mod SUPRA

SKYLINE_95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 12:37 PM   #2
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
I don't know if it's just me but, for such a small clip it sure took a long time to load and it didn't show anything at all. It was all black.
Old 09-22-2001, 07:47 AM   #3
SKYLINE_95
AF Newbie

It's easy the car on the right is SUPRA and on the left is Ferrari
If it doesn't work.
try clicking here
http://www.toprpm.com/video.asp
and download it

Old 09-24-2001, 08:37 PM   #4
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

supras rule..... nuff said
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 03:33 PM   #5
Mclaren F1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mclaren F1
It funny how a toyota supra has to be modded up soooo powerful just to beat a regular 355............the Ferrari i think is still more powerful then a supra.......imagine a really modded up ferrari against that supra! now goodbye supra!
Mclaren F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 06:25 PM   #6
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Mclaren F1
It funny how a toyota supra has to be modded up soooo powerful just to beat a regular 355............the Ferrari i think is still more powerful then a supra.......imagine a really modded up ferrari against that supra! now goodbye supra!
hahah, there's not point of saying that..... because I bet that modded Supra that beat the Ferrari only cost like 1/2 the price of the Ferrari, but still beat it.
The F355 only has 380hp, and you can get a Supra over 400hp with not much more than 10-15k of mods
I bet you could make a 700hp Supra for under 100k, so you'd have a car with almost twice as much power as the Ferrari costing alot less than the Ferrari

Plus there aren't really any mods you can do to a Ferrari, they have to be custom
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 05:55 PM   #7
mkivtt
AF Newbie

Hehe...I remember seeing that for the 1st time over a year ago. Except that i saw it from my friends video camera because he was rolling with the guy in the supra that night. The owner of the car has run a low 12sec before and his car is an auto. Also it does not take 10-15k to make 400rwhp out of a supra. With that mcuh money you would have a nice single or upgraded twin car. All you need is a straight 3in downpipe and some free mods if you want to do it the cheap way. All you have to do is pull some hoses to up the boost to 18psi and pull another hose to eliminate boost cut and you have basically 380rwhp to 410rwhp and a high 11sec to low 13sec depending on how good the driver is. To obtain what supra guys call bpu (basic performance upgrades) you need the dp, exhaust, either a manual boost contoller or electronic, and a bcc. That will cost you roughly 1500 bucks depending on the if you go with a manual boost contoller or electronic. With those mods a supra would be able to kill a f355 in a drag race. Also the driver was at bpu++ when he raced the ferrari. The pluses being a fmic and cam gears.
mkivtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 05:56 PM   #8
mkivtt
AF Newbie

Also if you guys wanna read more about supras go to www.mkiv.com. the site is really informative.
mkivtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 10:11 PM   #9
SKYLINE_95
AF Newbie

Quote:
Who said that the Ferrari is more powerful than the supra
did you know that you can make the supra beat 900R,Busa,viper and supercharge Mustang

Old 11-29-2001, 10:40 PM   #10
SpeedAddict
AF Newbie

In the Japanese "Best Motoring" video series, there is a video of all the top race cars from the different divisions of Japanese GT racing.
Castrol TOM's Supra, Calsonic R34, Puma GTO, Shell Ferrari F355, and a little Honda Accord Type R that raced in the sports coupe series below JGTC. The funny thing is, the Accord and the Ferrari dragged, and the Accord pulled about 3-4 cars on it in the quarter. I know a Ferrari was not built for such a purpose, but it's funny as hell to watch an Accord whoop a Ferrari's ass. Then, on the road course, the Supra, Skyline, GTO, AND Accord all hand the Ferrari it's ass. This is not a stock Ferrari, but a race vehicle, mind you. I LOVE Ferrari's, but it was so cool to see cars with half and a quarter of the size motor that a ferrari does destroy it on the track, and seem to do it with ease.
SpeedAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 09:32 AM   #11
EfiniRX7
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to EfiniRX7
That Supra may have beaten the F355, but c'mon which would you rather have parked in your garage at the end of the day?? I've driven and rode in both cars and can tell you there is a HUGE difference in overall feel. As much as I love and respect the Supra there is nothing out there this side of a Diablo or McLaren (price wise) that touches a Ferrari. Plus the sound of the F355's V8 is intoxicating:bandit:
My Not-So World Famous Website: www.geocities.com/eunosfd
EfiniRX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 03:17 PM   #12
XLR82XS
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to XLR82XS
Sorry, I'd rather have my Black beauty of a supra in my garage @ the end of the day. Done the 360 Modena. SWEET ride, but i still love my Supra. It's too unique with only 12,3xx models produced. (1993.5-1998)

XLR82XS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 05:11 PM   #13
EfiniRX7
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to EfiniRX7
I'm sorry, but if you sit both cars side by side there is no comparison. I've ridden/driven both many times and it's not even close. The Supra is a great car no doubt, but it's such a pig weight wise and size wise and the lines are bland compared to the F355. It's really easy/cheap to make the Supra fast though which is sweet. Speaking of modding a Ferrari...the guy who invented the game engine for the Doom series has a twin turbo Testarossa or might be an F50 I forget. Anyway though it's a monster and he apparently drives it all the time. Koenig also makes a twin turbo conversion of the F50 which puts out around 1200hp or so. Not too shabby in my book :sun:
My Not-So World Famous Website: www.geocities.com/eunosfd
EfiniRX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 03:22 AM   #14
DensoSupra
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DensoSupra
Quote:
I think it's funny that you're stupid enough to believe that. The f355 does about 12.9 stock vs the supras 13.3. Give the Supra a $50 cheap ass boost controller and it would win.
DensoSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 03:24 AM   #15
DensoSupra
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DensoSupra
Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr

hahah, there's not point of saying that..... because I bet that modded Supra that beat the Ferrari only cost like 1/2 the price of the Ferrari, but still beat it.
The F355 only has 380hp, and you can get a Supra over 400hp with not much more than 10-15k of mods
I bet you could make a 700hp Supra for under 100k, so you'd have a car with almost twice as much power as the Ferrari costing alot less than the Ferrari

Plus there aren't really any mods you can do to a Ferrari, they have to be custom
You can get a supra to 450HP for like $1,200 and you can get it to 1000hp for like $20,000. $100,000 would be like a 2500hp full drag supra.
DensoSupra is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Racing