Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Riviera
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
lavendorj
AF Newbie

Hard Starting 97 Riveria

I have a 97 riviera, car ran fine until one day, bamm. Plastic Upper Manifold went out. Car died on side of road, I got it towed to a shop where they replaced it and gave it to me. Heres my issues.
Before the problem, the thing would start with one hit of the key. Now it likes to start when super cold but once it heats up or its a hot day it will start but it takes a long long cranking session. Makes me nervous. If the car is started and hot or cold and turned off and then started again it starts right up, no hesitation. I open the hood and top cover and found a vacum line which fell off, fixed that and still no fix to my starting problem.

I am confident it will start in the morning but after work i go out there praying the thing will start. Once started it runs fine just like before. I am puzzled, anyone?????
lavendorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:24 AM   #2
jammad1
AF Newbie

Re: Hard Starting 97 Riveria

i would double check all the vacuum lines again possibly they forgot to hook something up also check fuel pressure if you can when cold and when hot
jammad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
lavendorj
AF Newbie

I took the car to the shop who fixed the manifold. they hooked it up to a machine. got an error code of erg not working. they starting messing around the vacum lines, found one of the vacuum parts was not making good connecton. they fixed that and now we get vacuum thru that part correctly. They cleared the code and light and i drove off.

Because they fixed it while it was running off and on. the problem they fixed was just another one, the car seem to be doing the same thing. the engine light seems to know come on and off. weird. Any ideas?
lavendorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
HotZ28
AF Moderator Elite

Get it scanned and see what the DTC's are. You could have a coolant soaked sensor that is not reading engine vacuum (like the MAP.)

HotZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
hard starting riveria , manifold starting probs
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Riviera