Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 02:54 AM   #16
JesusM
AF Enthusiast

Re: Porsche 935 K3 Coca Cola – 1/24 Nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrrado View Post
Looks fantastic Jesus! Really great job on this model as always!
Happy you like it!! I'm enjoying a lot with this kit: not complicated out of the box and with a few details, becomes a very different kit! (the details will come from the cockpit!! )
JesusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:43 AM   #17
Robi J
AF Enthusiast

Outstandin job Jesus...! And thanks for sharing all the step by step photos, really inspiring.
Robi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 04:49 AM   #18
JesusM
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi J View Post
Outstandin job Jesus...! And thanks for sharing all the step by step photos, really inspiring.
Happy you like it!!
Old 08-25-2021, 02:03 AM   #19
JesusM
AF Enthusiast

Una vez puesto el post anterior dedicado solo a la carrocería, es el turno del resto. Y empezamos con las llantas de Scalelab24. Una vez lijadas e imprimadas, las pintamos con el cromo de Gravity, que tiene dos botes con los colores negro y cromo. Primero es el color negro, que deja una superficie brillante, y después el cromo, tal y como se ven en las dos primeras fotos. En la tercera vemos el resultado con los núcleos dorados que trae el transkit.

After the previous post dedicated only to the bodywork, it’s the turn of the rest. And we start with the Scalelab24 rims. Once sanded and primed, we paint them with Gravity chrome, which has two cans with black and chrome colours. First is the black colour, which leaves a shiny surface, and then the chrome, as seen in the first two photos. In the third one we can see the result with the golden cores that the transkit comes with.

Pasamos al motor Una vez imprimados los turbos y los escapes, los pintamos con Aluminio de Zero. Después, enmascaramos los turbos para pintar una parte de negro y la otra de hierro quemado. De esta manera, mantenemos el color aluminio en las partes que deben llevarlo.

We moved on to the engine. Once the turbos and exhausts were primed, we painted them with Zero Aluminium. Then, we masked the turbos to paint one part in black and the other in burnt iron. This way, we keep the aluminium colour in the parts that should have it.

Y con estas piezas pintadas, las pegamos en el motor de acuerdo con las instrucciones. A este conjunto, le añado algún tubo y depósito que tiene el coche real. Una aguada con el panel liner negro de Tamiya, le da las sombras necesarias para que las piezas tengan profundidad.

And with these parts painted, we glue them to the engine according to the instructions. To this set, I add some pipes and tanks from the real car. A wash with the black Tamiya panel liner gives the necessary shadows to give the pieces depth.

Más fotos del conjunto terminado.

More photos of the finished set.

Las siguientes fotos corresponden a los frenos. Pinté todo el connunto de negro semimate, y después añadí los fotograbados de los discos, a los que había rallado con una lija de grano 200, poniendo los discos en el minitaladro, para que el rallado sea circular.

The following pictures are of the brakes. I painted the whole assembly in semi-matt black, and then I added the photo-etched discs, which I had grated with 200 grit sandpaper, putting the discs in the mini-drill, so that the graining is circular.

Pasamos al interior. En esta foto os muestro como son los pedales originales que trae el kit:

Let’s move on to the interior. In this picture I show you how are the original pedals that the kit comes with:

Y ahora el despiece de las piezas que he hecho. La base inferior la hago del metal de los antiguos diskettes, y los pedales, con la combinación de tubos y piezas de metal recortadas:

And now the exploded view of the parts I have made. The lower base is made from the metal of the old floppy disks, and the pedals, with a combination of tubes and cut metal parts:

Este es el resultado sin pintar comparado con las piezas originales del kit, siendo la segunda foto, las piezas ya pintadas:

This is the unpainted result compared to the original parts of the kit, the second picture being the painted parts:

Para el extintor, he tenido que alargar las manetas del mismo para poner el sistema de cables que lo accionan desde el exterior:

For the fire extinguisher, I had to lengthen the handles of the fire extinguisher to put the cable system that operates it from the outside:

En la siguiente foto os muestro todas las piezas y cables que irán en el cockpit:

In the following picture I show you all the parts and cables that will go in the cockpit:

Y en las siguientes, ya están todas las piezas colocadas y pegadas:

And in the following ones, all the pieces are already in place and glued:

Espero que os guste! Gracias por ver y comentar!!

I hope you like it! Thanks for watching and commenting!
Old 09-09-2021, 08:41 AM   #20
JesusM
AF Enthusiast

Ya se ve la luz al final del tunel!! Este proyecto tiene ya sus dias contados para que llegue a su fin. Y eso no quiere decir que no haya procesos que hacer y mostrar, puesto que el trabajo final requiere mucha paciencia y calma, porque pueden arruinar todo el trabajo previo.

There is light at the end of the tunnel! This project has its days counted down to the end. And that does not mean that there are no processes to be done and shown, since the final work requires a lot of patience and calm, because they can ruin all the previous work.

El primero de esos procesos son las ruedas. Comenzaremos protegiendolas para pintar el logo de los neumáticos con amarillo acrílico de Tamiya, y para ello uso un fotograbado del Ferrari 312T de Studio27. Una vez pintado, le añado las marcas de tiza (calcas de Decalcas) y le doy un sombreado final de XF1 de Tamiya, disuelto al 50%. Terminamos creando las fijaciones de las llantas, hechas con cable de 0,2mm y pintadas com rojo brillante de Tamiya LP.

The first of these processes is the wheels. We start by protecting them to paint the tyre logo with Tamiya acrylic yellow, and for this I use a photoetched Ferrari 312T from Studio27. Once painted, I add the chalk marks (from Decalcas decals) and give it a final shading of Tamiya XF1, dissolved at 50%. We finish by creating the rim mountings, made with 0,2mm wire and painted with Tamiya LP bright red.

Y este es el resultado de las ruedas montadas en el chasis:

And this is the result of the wheels mounted on the chassis:.

Al asiento que ya estaba pintado, le añado los cinturones que, al ser negros no destacan mucho, con sus hebillas de fotograbado. Tambié le he añadido unos tornillos y remaches al soporte del asiento:

To the seat, which was already painted, I added the belts which, being black, do not stand out very much, with their photoetched buckles. I also added some screws and rivets to the seat support:

Para el salpicadero, una vez puestos las calcas de los relojes, y los interrptores y luces (de Decalcas), con un palillo le pongo una gota de resina UV, y lo expongo a dicha luz. EL resultado se ve en la segunda foto:

For the dashboard, once the decals of the clocks and the switches and lights (from Decalcas) are in place, I put a drop of UV resin on it with a toothpick and expose it to the UV light. The result can be seen in the second photo:

Y como paso previo al ensamblaje del cockpit, le añado un tubo a la jaula, con sus fijaciones blancas realizadas con plástico estirado!!

And as a previous step to the assembly of the cockpit, I add a tube to the cage, with its white fixings made of stretched plastic!

Y aqui vemos el cockpit todo terminado, estando las primeras fotos sin el salpicadero.

And here we see the cockpit all finished, being the first pictures without the dashboard.

Más cosas: pintamos de negro satinado de Tamiya LP los cristales que previamente había enmascarado con el producto de Decalcas, que se ajusta muy bien a las formas, como bien se ve en la foto de los cristales. Tambié pintamos los marcos de la carrocería puesto que se pueden ver una vez puesto los cristales, terminando con el interior de la puerta izquierda, que como sabéis, se podrá abrir y cerrar:

More things: we painted in Tamiya LP satin black the windows that I had previously masked with the Decalcas product, which fits very well to the shapes, as you can see in the photo of the windows. We also painted the body frames as they can be seen once the windows are in place, finishing with the inside of the left door, which as you know, can be opened and closed:

Y continuando con la puerta del piloto, le he añadido el mecanismo que tiene para abrila desde el interior (un poco anticuado pero eficiente!):

And continuing with the pilot’s door, I have added the mechanism it has to open it from the inside (a bit old-fashioned but efficient!):

Y antes de colocar la cuna del cockpit, realizo un agujero en el chasis y le pego una tuerca firmemente, que servirá para fijar el kit a la peana. Decir que la peana servirá para muchos coches.

And before placing the cradle of the cockpit, I make a hole in the chassis and glue a nut firmly, which will serve to fix the kit to the base. The base will be used for many cars.

Y ahora si, pehamos el cockpit y las ruedas al chasis:

And now, yes, let’s attach the cockpit and the wheels to the chassis:

Pasamos a la carrocería, y en concreto al alerón. Como le eliminé las marcas para fijarlo, tuve que utilizar cinta de enmascarar para situalo en su posición correcta, y pegarlo con epoxy de dos componentes, para que me diera tiempo a modificar su posición si fuera necesario. Y al dia siguiente, una vez seco, la añadí los fotograbados y las tuercas, pegados con Ultra Glue de MIG. También se ve la rejilla negra de fotograbado de las aberturas bajo el logo de Cocacola, así como las luces traseras que llevan la parte interior cromada del kit, y los cristales pintados con rotuladores.

We moved on to the bodywork, and specifically to the spoiler. As I removed the marks to fix it, I had to use masking tape to place it in its correct position, and glue it with two-component epoxy, to give me time to modify its position if necessary. And the next day, once dry, I added the photoetched parts and the nuts, glued with Ultra Glue from MIG. You can also see the black photoetched grille of the openings under the Cocacola logo, as well as the rear lights with the chrome inner part of the kit, and the windows painted with felt-tip pens.

Pegamos los cristales con Ultra Glue de MIG, y los sujetamos con cinta de enmascarar. Podemos observar que las luces delanteras ya están colocadas a falta del cristal, que no llevará el marco de negro.

We glue the windows with MIG Ultra Glue, and fasten them with masking tape. We can see that the front lights are already in place except for the glass, which will not have the black frame.

Y para terminar, este es el resultado de la carrocería con los cristales ya colocados:

And finally, this is the result of the bodywork with the windows already in place:

Y una última foto con la puerta del piloto colocada en su lugar.

And one last photo with the pilot door in place.

Ahora, solo queda poner la carrocería en su lugar, fijar la puerta (cuzando los dedos para que su movimiento sea correcto!) y los toques de la carrocería referentes a fotograbados y pequeñas piezas, por lo que en el próximo post, la daré por terminada. Gracias por ver y comentar!

Now, the only thing left to do is to put the body in place, fix the door (curving the fingers so that its movement is correct!) and the touches of the bodywork referring to photoetches and small parts, so in the next post, I will finish it. Thanks for watching and commenting!
Old 09-10-2021, 12:41 PM   #21
corrrado
AF Regular

Looks fantastic Jesus! I really like all the superb details in the interior. Lovely project! I see you put some dirt in the interior as well!
corrrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 03:01 PM   #22
JesusM
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrrado View Post
Looks fantastic Jesus! I really like all the superb details in the interior. Lovely project! I see you put some dirt in the interior as well!
Yes....almost all the New cars have this dirt everywhere. The point t is to put the correct dirt because if you add too much, the kits are not like a real one!!
Thanks for comenting!!
Old 09-14-2021, 07:30 AM   #23
JesusM
AF Enthusiast

Hi all, the project has finished and you can find the WIP here:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...42#post7229542
Old 09-14-2021, 07:34 AM   #24
lasagna99
AF Newbie

very good job!!!
lasagna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 10:45 AM   #25
JesusM
AF Enthusiast

Thanks a lot!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports