Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 12:24 PM   #1
pterribilis
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to pterribilis
03 CRV-EX potential...?

I am thinking about getting a new 03 CR-V EX 4wd with a 5spd manual tranny. I have a few questions concerning it though to some real honda people.

I want to know if there is a way to increase the compression and maybe do some ECU flash to make it perform like the k24 that is in the Acura TSX or new Honda Accord. They have the same engines but diff variables.

The other day I test drove one and I actually chirped from 1st to 2nd and yes...it's AWD !! LOL. The clutch feels somewhat like my RSX-S and I could only imagine what tuners can do for this engine.

Maybe swap a k20a head on a k24 block? There has to be something to make the CR-V into a high 14 second miniSUV. I think that would own. Can you imagine the looks on a ricers face when you are beating them by a few cars in your CR-V and they are driving some D series Civic or even a Civic Si or a stock integra gsr. That would be hilarious.

What are your comments?
pterribilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 06:47 PM   #2
nivek2002
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to nivek2002 Send a message via Yahoo to nivek2002
crv

we have and auto 2wd and i can smoke the tires But i also have thought about this, i would suspect a head & intake swap would go along way. Because the CR-V intake is designed very long so as to give good low end torque. It might be possible to just switch intakes, seeing as i dont know of any diffrences between heads?? If you attempt anything keep us updated.
nivek2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 12:09 PM   #3
pman0112
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to pman0112
Re: 03 CRV-EX potential...?

There is tons of potential for the K24 engine... Jackson racing took the block off of the K24 and spliced it with the Type S head... off of the K20a... and slapped a jackson racing super charger on it... they were getting around 320 horse with out other mods like fuel and lines... thats the one swap i am working on for my 2001 civic... i am not sure if the K24 block will fit... i am assuming it will they hasport put that engine into the civic 2002 si... most of the chassis are the same.. i know that the k20a is almost a direct swap minus some modified wires and new engine mounts.... i am not sure if i will be on the forum much so if u want to get in touch and let me know about how things are coming then feel free to get in touch
pman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pterribilis
I am thinking about getting a new 03 CR-V EX 4wd with a 5spd manual tranny. I have a few questions concerning it though to some real honda people.

I want to know if there is a way to increase the compression and maybe do some ECU flash to make it perform like the k24 that is in the Acura TSX or new Honda Accord. They have the same engines but diff variables.

The other day I test drove one and I actually chirped from 1st to 2nd and yes...it's AWD !! LOL. The clutch feels somewhat like my RSX-S and I could only imagine what tuners can do for this engine.

Maybe swap a k20a head on a k24 block? There has to be something to make the CR-V into a high 14 second miniSUV. I think that would own. Can you imagine the looks on a ricers face when you are beating them by a few cars in your CR-V and they are driving some D series Civic or even a Civic Si or a stock integra gsr. That would be hilarious.

What are your comments?
pman0112 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V