Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Camaro SS or Mustang Cobra
Camaro 76 59.38%
Mustang 52 40.63%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 12:25 PM   #106
joeB
AF Enthusiast

346 cu in on the LS1.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:29 PM   #107
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
agostino-racing.com is one site. They are in Toronto. You could contact them for more info.

Also, if you went the stroker route, you would have a 383, and it would be cheaper.
Old 03-02-2002, 03:54 PM   #108
CobraMan
AF Newbie

I own a cobra,and ive owned a camaro..I like both cars..I respect everyone views of the car they prefer..but it really is the person not the car..The driver makes all the difference on how it runs. I have slight mods on my car. Underdrive pulleys and a BBK cold air kit. Ive never had much of a problem beating a SS. The 4.6L 4V engine is impressive for its size,but ford didnt do right by it.. They should have stayed with the original intention of just going with the 5.4L. Yes the intended for the 331 to be put in the regular cobra. If they did,well we all wouldnt be here arguing who is faster..Now since the GM boys are gone except for the vette guess who ford is gonna compete with now? So for the time being that the rest are taking a vacation, us ford men will be doing whats right..Burning rice and eating kraut:sun:

Remember people, its good to have friendly competition within the family,but its the guest from outside our home who needs to be delt with..Rumor has it that the foreign boys are coming out with faster cars..Who said They were allowed to be fast
Old 03-02-2002, 04:21 PM   #109
CobraMan
AF Newbie

One more thing... Put ram air and a snout hood on a camaro and what do you get? Can we say Pontiac? Hehe..I like TransAMs though its a beautiful car..But honestly..If i had the money..Id buy all three.
Hey Wheres dodge in all this? Whats a viper but a 10cylinder over priced death machine..Personally I think we ALL need to started building to beat them too..Someone has gotta do it..

:flash:
Old 03-20-2002, 06:20 PM   #110
35thAnvSS
AF Newbie

What the hell are you ford people thinking. I own a 2002 35th Anv. SS and that weak ass cobra doesnt have a shot plus it totally looks like crap. Everyone knows the only reasons people buy fords in the first place is because they cant afford a chevy. Camaro's are the classic american sports car and always will be. Ford owners get a life and get with the program because we all know you have to be getting tired of having your ass handed to you on the street.

35thAnvSS
Old 03-20-2002, 07:51 PM   #111
CobraMan
AF Newbie

First off i would like to say..if we wanted to have someone act an ass we would have asked..number 2..the stock cobra and camaro are not far apart in performance whatsoever..your just a tinsy bit faster not the world..got it? So before you go ranting and raving on how your car is soo much faster than a cobra,check the specs and shut the hell up.
Old 03-21-2002, 12:25 PM   #112
Chris
Oldie

Ok, now calm down a little, OK?

I am unbiased in this case, and here are the facts:
1) Mustangs are cheaper than Camaro's, but not by much. It is mostly inconsequential to those who are shopping for muscle car.
2) Mustang SVT's get better traction off the line than a SS, because the stang has the independent rear suspension. So it will beat the Camaro to the other side of the intersection.
3) Styling is subjective, get over it.
4) Handling, the SVT is a little better, thanks to the IRS
5) Power: Camaro SS now has only 5 more hp than the SVT Cobra, but in the past, it was approx. 15 more. But the Camaro can make a lot more power for much cheaper, 'cuz its a bigger engine, and is just better for power production. Also, the cost from factory difference is accpetable for the extra power the bow tie gives (lets not say "I could add a blower to a stang for the savings over a Camaro", because put the same blower on the Camaro, bye bye Mustang, all over again. And if you aren't willing to spend a little money, start collecting crackerjacks)
6) Transmission. A mixed bag. The SS has a 6 speed, but the 1-4 skip shift (a $30 fix, but still annoying to need to fix). But the Mustang has a 5 speed, which is worse.
7) Interior. The stang seats suck in the GT, not sure about SVT though. The camaro seats are good. IDeally, you would get some MOMO's for them, and the steering wheel also. Speaking of wheels, the Camaros is better. Otherwise, the Camaro is cheaper inside.
8) Speed: The Camaro is faster, not by much, but it is. An imperfect shift here, a tad too much wheelspin there, and you lose.

Now viewing the facts, you decide what you want. I would get the Camaro, but I can't anymore (production stopped in september), so the Mustang will do fine.

Last edited by Chris; 03-21-2002 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-22-2002, 01:41 PM   #113
AEstud
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to AEstud Send a message via AIM to AEstud
what year?
Old 03-22-2002, 02:48 PM   #114
Chris
Oldie

2001, so they have been out of production for almost 6 months now, the supply should dry out anytime now.
Old 03-22-2002, 02:49 PM   #115
Chris
Oldie

2001, so they have been out of production for almost 6 months now, the supply should dry out anytime now.

NOTE: The SS would have been produced a little later, as the mods are done by a separate company.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:21 PM   #116
SSowner
AF Newbie

sorry to all you ford boys out there, but no slugstang for me. It has been proven that the camaro SS is more appealing to men, as the slugstang is more appealing to women. I own a 2000 SS and I have to say that I have raced a few of the rustangs and I must stick with my chevy. It is more dependable, more powerful, more luxurious, and the body style kicks ass.
Old 03-28-2002, 09:10 PM   #117
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Post Camaro Mustang

Right on man.........

CAMARO--:monkeypis Mustang :cry:
Old 03-28-2002, 09:45 PM   #118
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Luxurious......HAH.........HAH........cough.....so rry, Neither of those cars constitute under that category period.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:09 PM   #119
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Both are crude, but they do have some nice interior touches.

I think my camaro is very comfortable for a sports car.

Its no Nis**n though.....
Old 03-29-2002, 06:17 AM   #120
chevy boy88
AF Newbie

JBL85

hey JBL85, you graduate high school? If you can read than you will lnotice that I saiid that the Camaro is MORE LUXURIOUS THAN THE RUSTANG, not that it specializes in luxury. Oh yea, and if you are looking for true muscle car value, I'm pretty sure that luxury won't have much to do with your decision. SS owner.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons