Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Whats the Best American Car
Corvette ZO6 27 50.94%
Viper 19 35.85%
Mustang Cobra R 7 13.21%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 11:55 PM   #31
91HBSi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to 91HBSi Send a message via AIM to 91HBSi Send a message via Yahoo to 91HBSi
Quote:
Originally posted by |Banchi1O5|
Front wheel drive doesnt neccesarily mean better handling
taking into account the horrible effects of understeer that it creates. A Rwd or Awd car will always be able to beat a Fwd car in AutoX.
No offense but it is kind of ignorant to say that. There are so may different senarios that could prove that false. I will agree that after a certain point FWD will become inferior though.

Your signature is opinionated, but I will have to comment anyway. How can you classify Honda as rice? Just because they are the ones that , in some fashion, kindled the sport compact car movement doesn't make them rice. Honda doesnt make rice, the people that buy Hondas (and every other make of car) are the ones who create rice. Next time you pick up a sack of rice in the super market and find that it is made by Honda then let me know :licker:

Former PureHonda.com member since Dec. 00

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Pilippians ONe21
91HBSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 12:11 AM   #32
Fliquer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fliquer
Quote:
A Rwd or Awd car will always be able to beat a Fwd car
I believe its assumed that he is not including crown victorias or pickup trucks...
Urethane bushings in all control arms and subframe
Cone Filter
Next up: LSD

RIP #05
Fliquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 08:58 PM   #33
mrcvette
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by zane11
Yes it is, but i'd still take a viper haha

How bout that new c6 corvette man did they make a mistake.
what are you talking about...all thats been revealed is that it will be lighter, more powerful, better handling, and higher quality than the current car.
mrcvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 11:50 PM   #34
zane11
AF Enthusiast

New road and track magazine has pictures of it
zane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 09:29 AM   #35
91HBSi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to 91HBSi Send a message via AIM to 91HBSi Send a message via Yahoo to 91HBSi
Quote:
Originally posted by Fliquer

I believe its assumed that he is not including crown victorias or pickup trucks...
I dont see to many crown vic's and pick-ups at the track, so I assumed that we left those out also. Like I said in a previous post I have seen FWD cars beat a Mustang Cobra, Corvette Grand sport, and the list goes on. I agree that it is a lot to do with drivers also, but I am just stating what I see.

I said what I said because he left the post open for arguement. He gave a general statement and didn't give any reason and he did not elaborate on the statement. :licker: Basically I just wanted to argue, lol.

Trust me, I am not for FWD. My next car will be RWD, hopefully a 97 240SX. I also know that if you give the same driver a FWD car and a RWD car and both cars are at about the same performance level then the RWD car would win.:

Former PureHonda.com member since Dec. 00

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Pilippians ONe21
91HBSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 09:46 AM   #36
mrcvette
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by zane11
New road and track magazine has pictures of it
I'm pretty sure those are just R&T's renderings, not what it is actually going to like. at least I hope this is the case
mrcvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:38 PM   #37
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

Re: (american Comparison) Zo6 Vs. Viper Vs. Cobra R

Quote:
Originally posted by Roadster2
WHO IS THE BADDEST SPORTS CAR OUT THERE I STILL THINK IT THE COBRA R I MEAN WHO CARES IF IT DOESNT HAVE A RADIO OR AIR CONDITIONING UR RADIO IS THE SOUND OF THE 5.4 LITER V-8 385HP ENGINE RUMBLING THROUGH TI DUAL EXHAUST AND UR AIR CONDITIONER IS THE WINDOW DOWN

NOW WHEN THE NEW 2003 VIPER COMES OUT IT WILL BE THE BADDEST THEN THE 2002 ZO6 WITH 405HP AND I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT THE COBRA R BUT IT WILL PROBABLY REPLACED BY THE 2003 MUSTANG COBRA WITH 390HP
Old 07-19-2002, 10:11 PM   #38
|Banchi1O5|
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to |Banchi1O5| Send a message via Yahoo to |Banchi1O5|
lol - a few more ppl need learn that
Old 08-11-2002, 11:10 PM   #39
hondasuck
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to hondasuck
i call the ZO6 the 2-for-1 special, 2 SWEET ASS vettes for one overpriced chrysler!
hondasuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 03:14 PM   #40
old man celica
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to old man celica
get the Zo6 and use the extra 15k u saved, from the viper and mod the zo6, so in all there is no comparison, unless it was a Z06 with 15k in mods vs. a stock viper, in which the z06 would kick the viper outa the picture...but then u can also put all that money into a down payment for a house, get a 5k 5.0 mustang , biuld that up and compete with the vipers and zo6....
old man celica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 10:04 PM   #41
zane11
AF Enthusiast

I think its so stupid how people say with the money you saved from not buying the viper mod up the z06. Then why don't you go buy a Mazda MP3 (which handles as good as z06) and with the money you saved from not buying the z06 mod up the mp3 to DESTROY the z06.

This is a stock vs. stock .vs stock comparison and with that being said the viper will take both the z06 and cobra.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:46 AM   #42
old man celica
AF Newbie

well while ur busy saying its stupid, i stated the obvious, people always say dat cuz its true, and since i was comparing a viper to a z06, theres a thing called money in this world, and if u dont have enough of it u cant get a viper, but u can get z06 if ur 15k poorer. so if ur in a position to buy a viper, its given ur in a position with a extra 15k handy . sorry i didnt mention ur lil mp3...(see if u noticed, i was talking about the viper and zo6)...oh yea and theres one more problem with ur statement, didnt i mention using the money instead for a down payment on a house or maybe getting a $5k 5.0 fox body mustang and modifying it with 12 times the amount of the car cost?...exactly....thnx for readin
Old 08-15-2002, 09:46 AM   #43
zane11
AF Enthusiast

I read that maybe you didn't understand the thread we are talking about these 3 cars stock not modified like you mentioned. And if you want to save the money and mod up a car buy the mp3 instead of the vette mod it to DESROY the vette and then with all you cash you have left put a down payment on a house or buy your mustang you want.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:27 AM   #44
|Banchi1O5|
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to |Banchi1O5| Send a message via Yahoo to |Banchi1O5|
ya read the thread b4 you go nigga-insane
celica freak
Old 08-15-2002, 02:47 PM   #45
old man celica
AF Newbie

sorry but im allowed my 2 cents man, i mean unless u all are super rich, then money is an issue and cars=money. simple fact of life. im not an idiot to not notice the obvious fact that stock for stock, the viper performance wise is the best car u can get, but cmon after everyone else says that, im thinking i will say something realistic...u knoe, wake up from supercar choosing fantasy land and talk about something we all want, money man....oh yea and about "old man celica" its one of the nicknames of my car besides "rusty", ok? and dont call me nigga. and trust me, i hate the celica, but i love the 450 dollar price tag and 600 hundred dollar a year insurance for it...