Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which has the best performance?
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR FQ400 27 51.92%
2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 20 38.46%
2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 10:32 PM   #136
Vettribution87
AF Newbie

Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD2000
hey! robots are tough ok!?
ROBOTS ARE WEAK!
Honda spent all that time making a bi-pedal robot that can climb steps and yet it can't do Kung-Foo kicks or Riverdance. HA!

Until a robot comes up to me in a pub stuffing a broken bottle in my face and saying, "stitch that jimmie" then I’m afraid I have to consider all robots totally un-fistworthy.

If you don’t believe me then you can ask Steve Fox (the guy in the flaming Ford Fiesta screaming WEAK! out the window). So there!

"I am ispeptic, phasmatic even compuntious to cause you such perry combobulations."
E. Blackadder 1827
Old 01-24-2005, 08:32 AM   #137
DVS LT1
AF Enthusiast

Eh, my original posts were confined to the context(s) of this thread - a Ferrari may be faster than an Evo but who gives a shit, we're not comparing a Ferrari here...

Once again, I'll push speed and performance aside (because the cars being compared here are all quick one way or the other). My point was (and I thought the point of this thread was) if I had a choice to pick one of the three I'd pick the Vette because even if its not the fastest of the bunch, its close enough to being the best. The clincher for me is the IMAGE the Vette has over the Mitsubishi or the Ford - it is a much more exotic car. I really don't think you can debate the issue. The fully-loaded Mustang interior leaves much to be desired in the first place, let alone the amenity stripped interior of the Cobra R (plus between the GT's and 6-bangers there's so many Stang's out on the road). I've never seen the interior of an "EVO" Lancer because they're banned for some reason here in Canada - which is stupid because that car would be simply awesome up here in the snow... but my friend has a base model Lancer and as far as the interior dimensions go its your basic econobox four-door fart car. I'm sure (I'd at least hope) that this tunned up factory freak Mitsu we're talking about is decked out in brushed aluminum and carbon fiber trim, with racing seats and plaques and embroidered emblems, etc... I'm sure the interior looks really spiffy, but when all is said and done its still going to be a friggin BOX! The ZO6 on the other hand epitomizes the true sports car: your ass rides an inch above the ground, its a two seater, you feel like your crawling into torpedo tubes when you get in. Plus, having been spoiled with Heads Up Display on three previous Grand Prix's and I think the Vette is put in a totally different class with its HUD system (even more advanced than the GP's version). So getting back to my original sentiments I know that different people will like different cars - the Evo I'm sure really hits a cord with the younger crowd (heck you can actually stuff half a dozen of your pals in one of those things for a night out). For me, the ZO6 would be the only option - I'd probably take a base Vette over the other two (or at least sell the most expensive one to get a Vette lol). And as I alluded to before, that front passenger seat in the C5 would be reserved for a very special and leggy woman. "Sorry buddy, ya I know I drove you here but you're on your own now - go squeeze yourself into Dan's Evo!"
Old 01-25-2005, 10:03 PM   #138
Master Hiko
AF Newbie

Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

as soon as you said Canada i stopped reading.......nah im just kidding. anyways, different strokes for different folks.

Me>>>you.....n00b
Old 01-26-2005, 08:14 AM   #139
DVS LT1
AF Enthusiast

Apparently the Evo's don't meet our front crash test standards at low speeds - its one of those cars where you bump a pole at 5 km/h and the entire front end needs to be replaced. I hear "they" (our gov't??) are going to raise the speed of the slow test next year and the Evo will pass - I guess having to spend a few grand to replace the front bumper after a 10-15 km/h fender bender doesn't sound as bad as a 2-5 km/h hit.

Will be nice to see new game on our roads...
Old 01-10-2006, 08:02 AM   #140
evopower
AF Newbie

hi all
just signed up after reading all 10 pages .

im sure there all good cars.

i own a fq-400 and i can say its fast and what topgear said about it ,, well dont listen to that..

turning lock is no different then any other car ,,, think he took the piss a bit.

mpg is about 200 miles on about £50 petol thats hard and normal driving.

turbo lag ,,,, well starts spining at about 3000 rpm ,,, full boost at 4000 rpm

if anyone wants any pictures i can email you some..

thanks jason from uk
Old 01-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #141
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

congratulations on bringing up a year old thread. now go and read the FAQ at the top of the forum listings.
alternatively, click here
Old 01-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #142
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

lol there's nothing stating specifically what OLD is... it's kinda good to get some info from someone who actually HAS one of these rare beasts... i wanna know how his tyres go.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:56 AM   #143
evopower
AF Newbie

hi

yeah tyres still ok after 6,000 miles....

does anyone now why i cant post any piccy ?

jason
Old 01-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #144
DVS LT1
AF Enthusiast

Uh? This thread is a bloody year old!!

I gotta start unsubsribing to threads when I'm done with them...
Old 01-11-2006, 03:08 PM   #145
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evopower
hi

yeah tyres still ok after 6,000 miles....

does anyone now why i cant post any piccy ?

jason
Well since the threads up might as well post some pictures of your ride...

Use www.imageshack.us and then copy and paste the tags onto your posts.
" ~ Igor
Old 01-19-2006, 08:26 PM   #146
del
móddə ràytər

thread closed. please read guidelines.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons