Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 10:31 PM   #106
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Uh that was a simple comparison of shitty American Interior with Luxury Import interior.

No American car is synomous with luxury, only imports are. =)
Old 02-03-2002, 01:54 AM   #107
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mastachi
who really cares..thats not important
what do you when a blonde throws a pin at you? ... run like hell 'cause she has a grenade in her mouth...what do you do when a blonde throws a grenade at you? ... pull the pin out and throw it back at her...
Old 02-03-2002, 02:00 AM   #108
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -cy-
Ever consider trying to becoming less close minded....wait, of course not. How about lets respect what each has to offer, b/c neither is better than the other, or can be proven conclusively so. So instead, lets agree to disagree, become more open minded, and start respecting cars that a nice for what they are....oh wait, you guys like arguing about useless, unwinable stuff, my bad....i'll just sit in the corner.
Old 02-03-2002, 02:40 AM   #109
JBL85
AF Fanatic

HAHA duhhhhhh......did you read any previoust posts.....we are bashing on each other for pointless joy of starting non stop arguements about the whole thing.

Anyways.....I have been in a lot of American cars and IN MY OPINION I FOUND THAT THEY AREANT AS NICE AS JAPANESE.....i mean compare a cavalier to a civic, civic interior is really nice and spacious
Old 02-03-2002, 02:52 AM   #110
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

i think it depends, but you can't compare the cars without going apples to oranges. Like my mom has a toyota solara with moonroof, power everything, leather, premium sound, ect...i got a '98 firebird forumla with t-tops, leather, premium sound, and power everything. Ya these are completly different cars, but i find mine more comfortable, although i like her controls a bit more (except i have some controls on my steering wheel, thats cool). I can't generalize any statement on which is better, i've just been trying and i can't bring myself to. But i can say that SOME domestics have the habit of taking a bit of the quality/luxery away for higher performance and/or lower price. I dunno....i'm tired
Old 02-03-2002, 03:53 AM   #111
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Ok, you get what I am saying in General.....in majority of imports you find better quality then you would in Domestics, but thats just my 2 cents and thats just what I hear about people with american cars......they always say yeah this knob broke and this rattles blah blah blah.....and everyone with imports doesnt usually complain except that their car is slow
Old 02-03-2002, 02:24 PM   #112
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Well, i can agree with you about that, of course in general. But there are always the exceptions to the rule both ways.
Old 02-03-2002, 02:29 PM   #113
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by p_r_i_m_e_r_a

Really wow......blah blah, we all know what they do and are made for.

Now that Honda has conquered the lightweight no torque empire, it needs to build a solid bulletproof engine. I'm young and not that rich, so give me a stock engine that I can dump a 150 Nitrous on. As of today my favorite Honda engine is the one it put in its PWC(you know that turbo kick ass wave rider)....lol 70mph over water.

Read my initial post, I gave props where they are due.
Most American muscle cars can barely carve anything resembling a straight line.....enough said.

My original post and respect for the Skylines, Supras, and other cars are thier ability to do one thing....RALLY.
You know that dirty sport popular over-seas
Every topnotch Import incorporates the rally concept, even I have the ability to make my grocery getter a 400HP AWD *tuneable* *efficient* car. Before you get all pissed off realize I didn't directly bash muscle cars.

You also need to realize Americans don't own V8's they own cars with V8's in them. BMW's variable valve V8/12's speak for themselves. For every American made V8/6/4 cylinder you stand behind, I can point out 2 Imports that are just as good or better. This includes your precious Viper(just to go on record the Viper kicks ass)

And just to throw it out, with street turbo's cars like the
240/Silvia(4 cylinder) have passed 7 second 1/4 miles

Sorry for the long post, but I've been bored and I like to argue when I'm drunk:smoker2: :bonghitte =:apuke:
You are wrong American Muscle Cars can tackle twisty as well. However what they have advantage in stock form over Japanese car is Tire Size. Have you seen what size tire Viper run on? That's why they can easily attend the lateral g of 1.

Please explain to me how SUPRA can rally?

BMW's Valvetronic, Double Vanos are wonderful. However you can get 2 or more American V8 for the price of one from BMW.

Do you know what you are talking about? Street turbo like 240 achieving 7 second for 1/4 mile? As far as I know the fastest car in Japan is a FD3S.
Old 02-03-2002, 04:46 PM   #114
JBL85
AF Fanatic

This post has gotten pretty long, lets find something else to argue about
Old 02-03-2002, 05:14 PM   #115
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

I disagree, this post is short, lets keep argueing hehe
Old 02-03-2002, 07:42 PM   #116
TatII
AF Fanatic

i was gone for a day and i come back and all is see is this arguement that lead to abosuletly nothing~~ this thread has strayed sooo far off from its original topic that it has almost nothing to do with the civic anymore.
Old 02-03-2002, 11:49 PM   #117
JBL85
AF Fanatic

CIVICS KICK ASS MAN I am gonna buy one cuz its faster then a Corvette
Old 02-04-2002, 03:35 AM   #118
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
Large generlization and bad comparision are all we make here at AF!!! But here is an example of amercan V8 and luxury. A Cadilliac STS, now granted it the car ya grandfather would drive but it is huge inside, comfotable, and has more amenities than any BMW can offer. And also short of a M3 M5 none faster. It's pretty embarassing when some1's grandpa will blast past you in his god dam Caddy when u driving your lil AWD turbo DSM or most Stangs too I admit. Technology 32 valve Northstar, I believe thats 4 valves per cylinder with some big cubes to back it up and no need for VTEC. So here you got speed, comfort, technolgy sounds like it meets all your gripes bout American cars.

PS This post was about Civics?
Old 02-04-2002, 10:02 AM   #119
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mastachi
I dont know about that. I used to detail cars all the time an I always found that when you were doing the interior of a New or Old Cadillac, it always seems like something was fallin off or some electronic motor was stuck. Like maybe the steering wheel wouldnt go back into place after you shut the door or the memory seats couldnt remember the way they were supposed to go. I never had that much respect for the insides of Cadillacs. Now, i f you look inside of a Mercedes, its a whole different story. Even when driving the car, everything feels so incredibly solid, same with the majority of European Cars. From VW's to Opels, to Mercs to European Fords, you'll mostly find superior construcion. This is from my experience of living in Germany. Im also an American, an being with the military an having your own detailing business, you have the experience of driving both types of cars. You'll find cars like a 99 Caddy STS, an then a 89 Mercedes 190 E, an you ll notice that the mercedes is in almost perfect condition, while there would still be problems with the Caddy. I think it has to do with the German Work ethic. If you ever live there, youll totally understand what I'm saying. If you ever take a tour of the Mercedes_Benz Plant in Sindelfingen, Germany, you would be totally amazed. It would blow your mind, guaranteed. I think its the fact that the Workers at M-B are required to sign paperwork that says there responible for the quality of there work for 20 years. I dont know how they enforce it, something about doc'ing them pay. As for power, take an E 55 Amg or an Audi A4 2.3 TT (faster than the S4) to an STS..there easily comparable. (I love the Northstar V8) My experience with Japanese cars is limited in that I broke a 1990 Toyota Camry once. But what Im trying to say is that there is a noticeable difference in quality between American and European cars, maybe even saying imports. Then if you say, "what about the price?" Given, a Caddy in the states is gonna run cheaper than any European competitior..if you look at prices of a BMW or a Mercedes in Germany, they are way cheaper than Caddy's are in the states. They have all kinds of ways for the average german worker can afford a BMW, Audi, VW, or Merc. Things like ten year financing plans, an just not being as expensive as people believe they are. I think another testament to the quality of European construction, is that every taxi in germany is either a Mercedes or a BMW, even the buses are made by Mercedes. You dont find Caddillac Taxi's. Even the US Government would rather protect there generals in a BMW 750il then a Caddillac because they handle better an are stronger structurally. I once talked to one of the driver's. anyway..sorry about that babbling, thats what I believe.
what do you when a blonde throws a pin at you? ... run like hell 'cause she has a grenade in her mouth...what do you do when a blonde throws a grenade at you? ... pull the pin out and throw it back at her...
Old 02-04-2002, 11:19 AM   #120
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Look IM blnd and I want to buy a Cadilac cuz I think its fast......can I turn in it, NOOOO it doesnt handle for shit