Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 01:22 AM   #91
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -cy-
As everyone says that if you stick a twin turbo on a civic it will be fast, but stick an Icon Twin Turbo on a LS1 (like a firebird formula or camaro z-28/ss, or vette) and you will put out a lot of power, not only low end power/torque, but also a really strong top end. Ya some american engenieering may not be as advanced in general, but the power that american high displacement engine put out just tops the technology.
Old 02-01-2002, 03:51 AM   #92
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
TatII, yeah true =P....I been in my uncles Chevelle and i shit bricks, but I still think Imports are the best...just my opinion DUH...

THERE IS 3 (in general) DIFFERENT WAYS TO COMPARE CARS
The Class the Car is in
Stock vs Stock
Modded vs Modded
Old 02-01-2002, 05:15 AM   #93
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
JBL85 and p_r_i_m_e_r_a READ AND LEARN!!!!

JBL85 Now you need to compare a M3 and a S2000 agianst a Camaro. Well if I'm not mistaken those cars seem to be a lot more $$$ than a Camaro SS 22,000 vs. 80,000 for a M3. Good comparision, Makes sense!!! I was personally in the car while a 96' SS killed a 93 M3, I dunno bout the new one's but it dam well better for just shy of $60,000 more!!!

As for a mighty S2000, it revs like a motor cycle. Yea it puts out good hp# for a 2.0 at 9,000rpm's!!! I'll tell you from expirence that a S2000 becomes a useless piece of metal on a 1/4 mile track or a stoplight. You can say you don't care bout that but u will when ya sweet S2000 gets beat by a redneck, stuck in the 80's,mullet haircut, rusted camaro driver.

Hint of the Day: Unlike import drivers, Rednecks actually work on thier cars and know what they are talking bout, Watch Out they'll burn U!

p_r_i_m_e_r_a
You mention turbos on 4 bangers and not used with Stangs. You can have ya turbo anyday, Us V8 American Muscle guys will just use Superchargers, so when you are waiting to get to 3-4,000rpm so you've spooled up, Our boost was there second we stopped the gas. Ouch! that sucks hmmmmm?
If you wanna keep it in Turbos V8s can use TT unlike ya 4 bangers and can create more exhuast gas for boost than any 4banger could pray for. Ever see the header on a Big Block one pipe on the header is the diameter of your whole exhuast, minus coffee can oversized farting muffler.

WOW you 2 sure rub it my face good this time!!!!!

Time for Payback where it hurts... Your precious Skyline!!!

I'm not denying the Skyline isn't bad ass but I think everyone has got to admit the Legend is far outceded the car. I've heard the Skyline can travel to the moon and back. The Skyline is like a Fairytale Maxima owners tell thier kids at night. Personally I can't wait till the Skyline comes to America and has to play by the same rules as the Viper and Corvette etc.., You know lil things like the extra 600lbs it will gaine in crash safety shit. And those lovely Anti-pollution devices that rob HP only on cars in America. Also what type of HP it will actually produce due to how much Insurance Companies love cars like that. Finally for all you lil import driving homos who always bring up the Skyline... How much u think it is gonna cost.... same as ya civic? integra? Man when it comes to America your all gonna own 1 and show us V8 drivers the error of our way. OMG i have nightmares every night living in fear of "Day of the Rope"

Sorry this was so long every1! I don't hate imports just 80% of the uninformed, lying idiots who drive them. Remember the racing fun and respect you want is destroyed by them.

PS Any who knows what movie "Day of the Rope" came from is aight in my book, even if you drive an import!

Last edited by GTStang; 02-01-2002 at 05:52 AM.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:37 AM   #94
supafly1024
AF Enthusiast

I will say this, but really I don't have a problem with Domestics, even though I do prefer Imports nowadays. I even used to own a Z28 Camaro, it was my first car. The problem with our Import cars in America is that we don't get the cream of the crop that Japan produces. You see, we aren't exactly seeing the cutting edge of Japanese technology over here in the US as far as their cars goes. If we had all the Jap Spec. models over here in the US then a lot of domestic owners would think twice before trying to run an import. Well at least we did have the Supra and RX-7 here for a while, and oh yeah, let's not forget about the 3000 GT VR-4.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:45 AM   #95
TatII
AF Fanatic

well thats cause all the smog problems we had in the 50's from hugh displacement cars, that were the size of small boats in america, that caused it to have such restriction on emissions. now if america ddin't hve cars sooo soon, or if there just wasn't as big or as many of them in the streets as any other country did in the world. we wouldn't have this stupid emission standard crap. and then we can get all the japanese spec civics, and silvia's and all that jdm goodness. well i love imports. i personally am import only, but i do not dare underestimate american muscle. their interior and design might be crude, they are designed for one purpose and one purpose only, and that is to go fast, very fast, for a very very low price.
Old 02-01-2002, 12:04 PM   #96
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Ok, Im not reading that.....why would you write 10 paragraphs over nothing......just say American Cars Rule or something and sum it up
Old 02-01-2002, 03:43 PM   #97
TatII
AF Fanatic

but GTSTANG your also forgettin why teh M3 or any other import is worth soo much, its the amenities that it comes with, its also the brand name of it. if you compare the interior of a import to a muscle car. the muscle cars interior is like crap. soooo you do get more for the money that you pay for. you get more then just a great engine, you also get a better brand with better suspension tunning and a whole lot better of a interior and warrantee. i can't believe that i never thought of it that way. yeah sooo pretty much you get alot more car overall for the extra money you pay for on a import then you do with a american muscle.
Old 02-02-2002, 01:38 AM   #98
p_r_i_m_e_r_a
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to p_r_i_m_e_r_a
Quote:
Originally posted by F20C

Honda engine is reliable under stock form. What you said is using the engine in an environment in which it wasn't built for. You need to understand how car works. Honda engines are built to rev which treats engine weight as enemy. The lighter the engine the higher it revs the more power it produce at high rpms. Whereas Turbo requires a engine block that's build to withstand boost.
Really wow......blah blah, we all know what they do and are made for.

Now that Honda has conquered the lightweight no torque empire, it needs to build a solid bulletproof engine. I'm young and not that rich, so give me a stock engine that I can dump a 150 Nitrous on. As of today my favorite Honda engine is the one it put in its PWC(you know that turbo kick ass wave rider)....lol 70mph over water.

Read my initial post, I gave props where they are due.
Most American muscle cars can barely carve anything resembling a straight line.....enough said.

My original post and respect for the Skylines, Supras, and other cars are thier ability to do one thing....RALLY.
You know that dirty sport popular over-seas
Every topnotch Import incorporates the rally concept, even I have the ability to make my grocery getter a 400HP AWD *tuneable* *efficient* car. Before you get all pissed off realize I didn't directly bash muscle cars.

You also need to realize Americans don't own V8's they own cars with V8's in them. BMW's variable valve V8/12's speak for themselves. For every American made V8/6/4 cylinder you stand behind, I can point out 2 Imports that are just as good or better. This includes your precious Viper(just to go on record the Viper kicks ass)

And just to throw it out, with street turbo's cars like the
240/Silvia(4 cylinder) have passed 7 second 1/4 miles

Sorry for the long post, but I've been bored and I like to argue when I'm drunk:smoker2: :bonghitte =:apuke:
Old 02-02-2002, 02:26 AM   #99
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
Quote:
Originally posted by TatII
but GTSTANG your also forgettin why teh M3 or any other import is worth soo much, its the amenities that it comes with, its also the brand name of it. if you compare the interior of a import to a muscle car. the muscle cars interior is like crap. soooo you do get more for the money that you pay for. you get more then just a great engine, you also get a better brand with better suspension tunning and a whole lot better of a interior and warrantee. i can't believe that i never thought of it that way. yeah sooo pretty much you get alot more car overall for the extra money you pay for on a import then you do with a american muscle.
I'll give u BMW but like hell Jap cars have better interior. Cuz Integra and Civics are know for there huge comfy interior space and those huge comfy seats. That's funny cuz everytime I drive in important my knees are touching my chin, the steering wheel is rubbing my dick more than ya woman and the seat gives me that lovely sensation of hemroids. But that fake plastic wood grain treatment is def worth the extra G

JBL85 Sorry man i tried to use logic my B

American Muscle RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! betta?
Old 02-02-2002, 11:00 AM   #100
TatII
AF Fanatic

well GTSTANG you knew what i mean. i am no way sayin that japanese jimports have nice interiors. unless its a MAX, or anything that luxury divisions dish out thats higher then a RSX or an integra.
Old 02-02-2002, 01:19 PM   #101
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Ok there is two types of comfort in American vs Import....

American cars tend to be huge and squishy inside, not a lot of support.
Import cars are a lot more stiff and rigid inside, I find that type more comfortable, I mean....go sit in a mustang that has to be one of the most uncomfortable cars I have ever gotten in, then I got into a Integra...yeah a GT stang is faster then a 4 cylinder GSR, but whats more comfortable.
Old 02-02-2002, 01:25 PM   #102
JBL85
AF Fanatic

OH yeah and in the mustang, My knee can turn off the blinker when I let off the clutch, I just feel the mustang is one of the crummiest interiors in any car..... and American cars are way cheaper, Look at the interior, even on a fully loaded Excursion the Interior is shitty.....has cheapo knobs and all that crap.

You tell me whats more enticing to the Eyes....Japanese or American =)
Old 02-02-2002, 01:27 PM   #103
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Old 02-02-2002, 06:36 PM   #104
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85
OH yeah and in the mustang, My knee can turn off the blinker when I let off the clutch, I just feel the mustang is one of the crummiest interiors in any car..... and American cars are way cheaper, Look at the interior, even on a fully loaded Excursion the Interior is shitty.....has cheapo knobs and all that crap.

You tell me whats more enticing to the Eyes....Japanese or American =)
Oh! wow, youīre again comparing the Excursion with the Lexus RX300, now thatīs smart! hmm why donīt you compare the Navigator to the Lexus LX470 or a Cavalier with a shitty Civic, a Chrysler 300M with Toyota Avalon or whatever. And you know Iīll could go on and on.........
Definetively american cars make better quality and more comfortable interiors and better looking cars than japanese, this last one only has technology.

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why donīt just they let me live?

- Daewoo

The Best SUV itīs korean!

Old 02-02-2002, 06:38 PM   #105
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
oh, and Ford doesnīt make luxury cars, Lexus does.

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why donīt just they let me live?

- Daewoo

The Best SUV itīs korean!