Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > R5 Turbo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
ILovePower
AF Newbie

Conversion

Hi people. I have a 95 1.2 (boo) Clio Mk 1. I have recently had words with John at Torsion Tuning about having it converted to a GTT. He said he can get his hands on a donor engine for £500, plus £500 for labour. Just wanted to know what level of boost I can run safely on the standard engine and could anyone tell me a good setup to use, what turbo's are decent, intercoolers, gas flowing etc etc. Much appreciated lads n lasses! Cheers
ILovePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 05:29 PM   #2
Derby
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Derby
Re: Conversion

The standard engine of a gtt sucks...And I can know it. The engine is very strong in terms of power and pressure ( the engine block was build for 250 hp) But the rest of the parts is not made for tune ups. The standard turbo (t2) can run 1.2 bar max. That is 16 psi I believe. The problems with cooling is known I assume.

About the Intercoolers...try to get in what fits. But the enginemanagement is not compensated for cooler air. So at cruising speeds you will loose a lot of effiency.

Keep the engine standard and drive it like a turbo need to be driven (warming up And more important cooling down) Do the maintance often (every 5000 miles changing oil, filter) And you can have a lot of fun.

Do you want more go EFI with programmable ignition. Like BBperformance does.

Grtz,

Derby

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > R5 Turbo