Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 02:43 PM   #1
00banditv8
AF Newbie

My 2000 Gt Smoked An Integra

First off i want to say that i'm new to this site and i've noticed alot of people on here really hyping up their cars. Honestly i don't race my 2000 Mustang GT Convertible that much, but i would like to share a incident i recently had against a gray Acura Integra. I really couldn't tell that much about the car, except it had the "famous rice burner muffler " and it was lowered with rims and clear taillight's. In the car with me was my wife and her 25 year old nephew and in the Integra was the driver of course and one passenger. This all started when we pulled up at a red light on a nice saturday evening in Lynwood, Washington going up highway 99 to Everett, Washington. Beside me in the left lane was a white Minivan and right behind it in the left lane was a grey Acura Integra reving up. I looked over and told my wife those guys want to burn some gas back there. Well i took off normal. I shifted from first into second. Just and the minivan moved over into the turning lane on the left side. The Acura floored it. As soon as he got up beside me, i punched mine as well in second gear. It took just a little bit for the mustang to explode up past 5,000 rpm my shifting point. Then i shoved it into third. By 5,000 rpm in third i had at least a 3 to 4 car length lead on him. On to fourth gear and this kid was so far back that i didn't even believe that he was still racing me. Once we came back up to another light i rolled down the window on my wife's side and asked him if he wanted to try it again, this time from a dead start and he said to me in a very respectable way. NO WAY BUDDIE. YOU HAVE A NICE CAR, NICE CAR WAY TO FAST FOR ME...LOL. We all looked at each other and started laughing. He then made a right turn onto another street and we continued on to our designation. COSTCO. I hope that i'm not degrading anyone on here or their car. But coming from a family of hotrodder's (Road Runner's, Super Bee's, Mustang's Trans AM's and Camaro's) and being brought up driving and racing those car's every weekend i honestly can't see an Integra with just a few mod's even coming close to beating a Mustang GT of any year especially the new 4.6 with 260 horsepower and 302 lb/ft of torque, even the top of the line stock Integra's don't even stand a chance. Bottom line Torque wins the quarter and horsepower wins on top if your car is geared for top end runs. I've readed that some Stock Mustang GT's with good driver turn in sub 14 second quarter mile times with 0-60 coming in as little as 5.5 seconds per Motortrend and Mustang and Fast Fords (Motortrend 0-60 time 5.5/ Mustang and Fast Ford's 13.9 Quarter) and there's no Integra's out there that can even come close to a sub or even 14.5 quarter mile time stock or with those little mod's. Best i've ever heard of was 14.9 back in mid 90's by a man from Car and Driver staff. Even the 1983-1984 5.0's with 175 horsepower are faster. I'm not gonna say fords rule or anything stupid like that. But honestly i just don't see and intergra with just a few mods such as head lights, muffler's and cold air intake even coming close. These mustang owners who are letting these weak integra's beat them or if it's just in fact a lie being told on here by the youngsters dreaming that they can actually turn something like that into a 10 second car should come of that crack there smoking and really start praying to the car god's because it ain't happeing like in the movie the fast and furious and fellas like my mom used to tell me "DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON T.V." Because it's just not happening and you SIMPLY can't make up 100 Horsepower by adding a muffler and a cold air intake. If that's the case i would have done it to my wife's Hyundai a long time ago. BETTER GO AND GETTING A JACKSON RACING TURBO AND I MEAN THE LARGEST ONE THEY HAVE AND THEN COME UP AND PLAY WITH THE BIG BOY'S BECAUSE THOSE LITTLE WEAK TORQUED ENGINES JUST DON'T STAND A CHANCE.

HOLLA,

2000 MUSTANG GT CONVERTIBLE
5-SPEED
4.6 LITER SOHC
260 HORSEPOWER @5,250
302 lb/ft TORQUE @ 4,000
Old 10-29-2003, 02:52 PM   #2
Sexy beast
Banned

Yawn
Old 10-29-2003, 03:31 PM   #3
00banditv8
AF Newbie

Re: My 2000 Gt Smoked An Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy beast
Yawn
The truth hurts and if it was so boring or disappointing then keep it to yourself. You must be a rice burner owner, with the fart tube exhaust. News flash playa spend your money on more horespower and not the internet.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:34 PM   #4
OoNismoO
AF Enthusiast

uh.. yea man, that was interesting.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:56 PM   #5
Sexy beast
Banned

Re: Re: My 2000 Gt Smoked An Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00banditv8
The truth hurts and if it was so boring or disappointing then keep it to yourself. You must be a rice burner owner, with the fart tube exhaust. News flash playa spend your money on more horespower and not the internet.
I must be a "rice burner" owner? you are trully sad
Old 10-29-2003, 04:24 PM   #6
Cl0ak
AF Enthusiast

I'm going to have to go with a

95 Pontiac Trans Am SOLD
03 Chevrolet Cavalier SOLD
03 Mercury Sable
Old 10-29-2003, 04:27 PM   #7
00banditv8
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: My 2000 Gt Smoked An Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy beast
I must be a "rice burner" owner? you are trully sad

Sexy Beast if you really own an ENZO and it's all that your making it out to be. Why are you on here chatting. Shouldn't you be out there racing Vipers or something like that? Honestly I think you are some young kid or maybe an old fart on here dreaming about an ENZO. So you come on here trying to make fun of other people. If you in fact really do own one. I know that my Mustang would never be able to beat you stock. But I can tell you this? The amount of money you spent on that car. I'd bet if you put not even a fraction as much money in a new 03 SVT Cobra it would kick your ass side ways. ON and OFF the track. P.S. It might even do it stock with a good driver. Because you might drive light shit.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:34 PM   #8
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: My 2000 Gt Smoked An Integra

Two pieces of advice you might want to keep in mind:

1) Paragraphs are your friend.

2) We don't tolerate people who come up either bashing other people's rides, or with an attitude like yours.

We're car enthusiasts here. In this day and age when practically anything can be made to haul/handle, I don't think such a narrow attitude has a place in this world anymore. Certainly not on this board.

We have an owner of an 11-second 'Stang in here, and he has a LOT more room to cop an attitude than you with your 15-second car...but he doesn't.

He's just a WEE BIT more classy than you, I think.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:38 PM   #9
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
While I do agree with you that there is no way any car is going to get 100 extra HP by adding a CAI and a catback. I do disagree that these four and six cylinder cars from Honda can compete with your car. You need to have a more open mind about this. You need to understand that power isn't everything. They might have less power than you do but they also have a lot less weight. Power to weight ratio is more important than HP or Torque ratings. Also a Type R Integra will waste an 80s GT Mustang, you have to admit those were dogs. Four cylinder cars can be made to go fast for a lot less than you think. And come to think about it, the guy was even pretty cool about getting his ass beat. I don't get that from anyone anymore.

Anyhow; this is really in the wrong forum.

EDIT: Was in the wrong forum.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:40 PM   #10
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Can we just start banning all new users to this place? You were doing fine bandit until you just went off about rice burners...and enzos....I dunno it doesn't make much sense after that. Granted being sarcastic was uncalled for though sexy beast.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:40 PM   #11
banditkiller
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to banditkiller
That was a half way good kill. I also welcome you to af. However I would advise you to not flame acuras or hondas for any reason or any other import. Why with in your first 3 posts are you flaming someone already? Not a good way to make friends. Although does that really matter? Guess not. Also, you will find quite a few imports on this board that will hand you an ass whooping any day of the week. That goes for domestics as there are some quite fast cars owned by people on this bored. At least you didnt flame mazda's.... theres someone out of 1.3 liters lightly tuned running deep into the 12's. Have fun here and leave the attitude out of your posts. It isnt necessary .

My mom always told me that fastest way to someone's heart is through their chest. Watch out for ppl with pointed objects.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:51 PM   #12
00banditv8
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: My 2000 Gt Smoked An Integra

Carrrnuttt, first off why are you bragging on someone else's car. Brag on your own. Oh i forgot your driving a 1992 Sentra. To clear the air with everyone else on here. I never said in no way, shape or form that the Imports couldn't beat a mustang. There's plenty of mod's out there can make those car's haul ass. But i did say this and you can quote me on this "No Honda Civic or Acura Integra LS in stock form or with those little modifications that i mentioned above is not gonna compete with a new Mustang GT" Get mad if you want i won't front. Because i got a mustang with a lot of Bump. Also carrrnuttt for your info. I also own a 1987 Mustang GT with a Twin Turbo System, GT 40 Upper and Lower Intake with flowmaster exhaust, Tremec 5 speed tranny and 3.73 gears with NOS. So jump on me in that playa. 11 seconds no problem. Your dealing with an expert in street racing carrrnutt not some silly kid. To the rest of you. Thanks for the replies. I've enjoyed everyone. Keep your head up and your wheel's a burning. No matter what your driving. But above all else. KEEP IT SAFE.

00banditv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt
Two pieces of advice you might want to keep in mind:

1) Paragraphs are your friend.

2) We don't tolerate people who come up either bashing other people's rides, or with an attitude like yours.

We're car enthusiasts here. In this day and age when practically anything can be made to haul/handle, I don't think such a narrow attitude has a place in this world anymore. Certainly not on this board.

We have an owner of an 11-second 'Stang in here, and he has a LOT more room to cop an attitude than you with your 15-second car...but he doesn't.

He's just a WEE BIT more classy than you, I think.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:00 PM   #13
00banditv8
AF Newbie

Re: My 2000 Gt Smoked An Integra

First off Playa i can say what i want. Free country and freedom of speach. Secondly, I only reply back in a smart way to those who have insulted me. You own a mustang should know that there's no way a stock Honda or Acura Integra LS is gonna be able to run with a new stang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditkiller
That was a half way good kill. I also welcome you to af. However I would advise you to not flame acuras or hondas for any reason or any other import. Why with in your first 3 posts are you flaming someone already? Not a good way to make friends. Although does that really matter? Guess not. Also, you will find quite a few imports on this board that will hand you an ass whooping any day of the week. That goes for domestics as there are some quite fast cars owned by people on this bored. At least you didnt flame mazda's.... theres someone out of 1.3 liters lightly tuned running deep into the 12's. Have fun here and leave the attitude out of your posts. It isnt necessary .
Old 10-29-2003, 05:07 PM   #14
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My 2000 Gt Smoked An Integra

Quote:
Carrrnuttt, first off why are you bragging on someone else's car. Brag on your own.
I wasn't bragging. I was making a point. I just hope you got it.

Believe it or not, I have plenty to brag about with my 1992 Sentra:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...ght=carrrnuttt

That's a lot, considering that at the local track, Speedway Motorplex, it is RARE for me to see an almost-stock Fox-body break into the 14's. As a matter of fact, I have never seen it (I'm not there every weekend or anything). The only ones I have seen break into the 14's are cars like Brandon's, in that race I linked you to.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:08 PM   #15
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My 2000 Gt Smoked An Integra

Quote:
Carrrnuttt, first off why are you bragging on someone else's car. Brag on your own. Oh i forgot your driving a 1992 Sentra. To clear the air with everyone else on here. I never said in no way, shape or form that the Imports couldn't beat a mustang. There's plenty of mod's out there can make those car's haul ass. But i did say this and you can quote me on this "No Honda Civic or Acura Integra LS in stock form or with those little modifications that i mentioned above is not gonna compete with a new Mustang GT" Get mad if you want i won't front. Because i got a mustang with a lot of Bump. Also carrrnuttt for your info. I also own a 1987 Mustang GT with a Twin Turbo System, GT 40 Upper and Lower Intake with flowmaster exhaust, Tremec 5 speed tranny and 3.73 gears with NOS. So jump on me in that playa. 11 seconds no problem. Your dealing with an expert in street racing carrrnutt not some silly kid. To the rest of you. Thanks for the replies. I've enjoyed everyone. Keep your head up and your wheel's a burning. No matter what your driving. But above all else. KEEP IT SAFE.

00banditv8
Actually, in your first post you said that no Inegra can beat a 5.0 GT. You never specified what trim level or what years. A 1998 Integra Type R will beat a 1985 Mustang GT. Also don't mock Carrnutt's Sentra, they are easily and cheaply modable to make go very fast. I want to point out one last thing; just comming in and saying you have all these cars and that your not new to street racing will not get you respect in these forums. Not flamming people, being constructive, and having an open mind will earn you respect.