Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Rio | Rio Cinco | Pride
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 03:10 PM   #1
andysm00th
AF Newbie

Door stuck

I have a 2002 Kia Rio (4 door) and the drivers side door is stuck shut. I am not able to open it from the inside or outside. Does anyone know how to get the inside door pannel off with the door closed? Any info on this would be great..
andysm00th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 09:41 PM   #2
computerdude14
AF Newbie

Re: Door stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysm00th
I have a 2002 Kia Rio (4 door) and the drivers side door is stuck shut. I am not able to open it from the inside or outside. Does anyone know how to get the inside door pannel off with the door closed? Any info on this would be great..
That sounds like a very unfortunate problem for you. I am guessing that your Rio doesn't have power locks by chance, does it? because if it does, then im thinking that its possible that something jammed up in the locking mechanism in that door that might prevent the door from actually becomming fully unlocked, etc. however, if you only have the manual locks as im guessing you probably do, then i'd invest in a service manual for your car, such as a haynes manual or whatever brand of manual that you prefer. I promise you that you will be very thankful and glad that you bought one later on too, because that service manual tells you step by step how to basically tear your entire car apart and then rebuild it all again, not just the motor, but the entire car too. most of the haynes manuals are about $16 at most autozone stores, but dont quote me on that one. othe than that i donno what to tell ya, cuz most cars i've worked on have to have the door open in order to remove the inner panel. good luck!

mike
computerdude14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 05:21 PM   #3
cbeck
AF Regular

no manuals available, less you buy the shop manual. They wouldn't help you with a stuck door anywho. If you take the handle off, you should be able to unlock it with the rod, and pull on the release rod witha pair of vice grips while trying to shove the door open. Otherwise, I'd recomend calling a locksmith.

The door panels are next to impossible to remove as far as I know if you can't open the door.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:24 PM   #4
computerdude14
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Door stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeck
no manuals available, less you buy the shop manual. They wouldn't help you with a stuck door anywho. If you take the handle off, you should be able to unlock it with the rod, and pull on the release rod witha pair of vice grips while trying to shove the door open. Otherwise, I'd recomend calling a locksmith.

The door panels are next to impossible to remove as far as I know if you can't open the door.
heh once again i seem to be the idiot. lol. at least someone else knows what they are talkin bout. sry if i gave ya any wrong info.

mike
computerdude14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #5
cbeck
AF Regular

ha. nah, i didn't know they didn't make any kia hanes mans. till I spent two days trying to find one.

I thought your advice otherwise was pretty sound. (I always seem to be an idiot. Dang proud of it. )
Old 04-23-2005, 12:09 AM   #6
1low
AF Newbie

Unless you are very mechanicaly inclined , take it your dealer.
I've repaired dozens and they're still not easy
The latch is jammed pulling on the push rod won't help.
You can partially remove the door panel and bypass the latch to allow the door to open.
1low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:02 PM   #7
cbeck
AF Regular

I'm curious, how do you bypass the latch as you mentioned? I only ask because mine has been loose since I bought it and will be tackling this problem at some point myself.

(of course, i could repair while it still works, but really, that would be too easy )
Old 04-29-2005, 10:47 PM   #8
fastkia
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to fastkia

1low and cbeck, I'm assuming 1low is a kia tech. I am too by the way. I found a way to get in them that is easier than the old way we used to do it by prying the door panel out of the way to see the latch. what I do know is I kept a handle rod and turned it into a tool that allows me to open them with a simple push. slide the rod down between the door panel and the window (window down) and push down on the piece just below the black plastic cover (in the direction the broken spring is suppose to pull) then just pull the lock up and your in. If you find it difficult or have any questions call me at Flo25 tech 384
fastkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 10:37 PM   #9
crazymjb
Banned

Getting power locks on a rio, that desperate. Its a piece of shit anyway. Blow the door off. While your at it, load the thing up with dog shit and drop it on one of those korean nuke plants with a sign requesting it to be fixed under its wonderful warrenty.
crazymjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 08:20 PM   #10
fastkia
AF Regular

crazyjmb needs to go
the guy don't even own a kia (cause he can't afford one) but yet can't stop talking about them. I think he wants one
Old 05-16-2005, 10:07 PM   #11
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Well I gave him enough time off for him to start saving up to get one.

TS out

Members please read: Guidelines
twospirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:11 PM   #12
fastkia
AF Regular

that was a good one. Thank you by the way. I'm sure most people here thank you also
Old 05-18-2005, 03:51 PM   #13
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

No problem, thats what we are here for, to make sure the forums run smoothly and for your enjoyment. (Besides, I wasn't kidding).

TS out

Members please read: Guidelines
twospirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:06 PM   #14
dfwill
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysm00th
I had the same problem with my 2001. I took it to a Kia dealership and let them handle it since the car was still under warranty. What they ended up doing was taking the drivers side seat out and taking the door panel off.

The service department did not charge me anything and I had my car back the next day.
dfwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 07:47 PM   #15
fastkia
AF Regular

I can't beleive they took the seat out to take the panel off since they could've opened the door even with the panel on if they knew what they were doing. sorry I just find it crazy to hear your dealer did that.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Rio | Rio Cinco | Pride