Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
Steven_Folchi
AF Newbie

which is best at which kinda racing?

i am working on a story and these are the top racers' cars. each is the best at a certain type of race. i kinda got the idea from NFS Prostreet, but it just helped finally figure out wat i was looking for. anyways here are the cars...

93-95 RX7 Turbo
94-99 3000GT VR4
90-96 300ZX Turbo
92-97 SVX
93-98 Supra Turbo

The kinda of races are Drift, Drag, Touge, Rally, and Circuit... Rally is pretty self explanitory except that it will be only on pavement... and ciruit will be freeway driving with some turns... each car will be modded and stuff...

Here's my ideas so far...

Drift will be 300ZX with a supercharger instead
Drag will be Supra with a single turbo and an automatic
Touge will be the RX7 just with more power and handling
Rally will be the SVX with a WRC tranny and a supercharger
Circuit will be the VR4 with a single turbo

well that's wat i'm seeing so far. if anyone can put something in on this it'd be greatly appreciated...

Steven Folchi
Steven_Folchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:10 AM   #2
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Re: which is best at which kinda racing?

You managed to choose 5 cars only one of which is used successfully in all the types of racing you list, 1 of which is used successfully in drag racing, and 3 of which are so fat and heavy only those with a real passion for them and to much money to spend ever try and race them.

Forget about the 300ZX, VR4 and the SVX as race cars, unless this is a real fantasy story and the drive has super human control over the laws of physics.
All 3 are over weight and over complex, that makes them hard to stop, hard to turn, expensive and unreliable.

The Supra is popular as a drag car, but thats about it. It's size and weight limit its ablity to turn and stop.

The RX7 is popular on the track, for both drag and circuit racing. They also make great Targa cars (think road based rally).
They are light weight and relatively simple and easy to work on.
They also have a fantastic chassis to work with, requiring a relatively small amount of work to make race ready.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: which is best at which kinda racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moppie
You managed to choose 5 cars only one of which is used successfully in all the types of racing you list, 1 of which is used successfully in drag racing, and 3 of which are so fat and heavy only those with a real passion for them and to much money to spend ever try and race them.

Forget about the 300ZX, VR4 and the SVX as race cars, unless this is a real fantasy story and the drive has super human control over the laws of physics.
All 3 are over weight and over complex, that makes them hard to stop, hard to turn, expensive and unreliable.

The Supra is popular as a drag car, but thats about it. It's size and weight limit its ablity to turn and stop.

The RX7 is popular on the track, for both drag and circuit racing. They also make great Targa cars (think road based rally).
They are light weight and relatively simple and easy to work on.
They also have a fantastic chassis to work with, requiring a relatively small amount of work to make race ready.
Couldn't have said it better.

I must add that I can't comprehend why you put the SVX in. Of the Japanese sports cars of the 90s it was by FAR the worst.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons