Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 05:03 PM   #91
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

Re: Best Headturner for under 40k

any car with a wide wheel base is going to be pretty slow through a slalom. a civic si makes it through the slalom at 67.5 mph where the new Z06 makes it through at only 69 mph. needless to say the corvette is a better performer in every aspect.
BlackGT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:52 PM   #92
Red CELL
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Best Headturner for under 40k

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakscorpion21
ok red cell, i was joking with you man, im sorry if i came of as an ass lol. im not flaming you are bashing what you like so sorry if thats what you thought. im sure your camaro is nice im sure i would take one just like it.

and .92gs is pretty impressive, but the slalom was only 62ish mph, which is ok but not what id consider good.

and im not biased against muscle, everyone else is biased towards it.
no prob man, I should have quoted metalheadzaid for his comment after my 1st post.
I agree that 62mph is nothing to write home to mom about.
A great handling camaro stock would be the 1998-2002 1LE stripper z/28.
I dont recall the performance numbers but I learned about in when I was in SCCA. My boss had a 2001 1LE. he was the chairman of SCCA in washington state at that time.
Red CELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:57 PM   #93
hotrod_chevyz
AF Enthusiast

The most impressive part about a fbody is the fact you can buy one for about 1,000 bucks all stock and ready to go do some +.90g stuff on some decent tires. 1,000 bucks later your pullin high 11's down the 1/4 and have way better suspension than it had. Not a real head turner tho. Most people hate em.

I saw a nice 3000gt today. Those can be head turners. They look pretty intimidating while sitting in a f-body, specially if you hear that whine..I have my wins and losses with these in heads up green light instances, but i wouldnt even bother trying to chase one down some short winding road. I would take one on just goin around a corner tho.
hotrod_chevyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:38 AM   #94
jameschang
AF Newbie

Just went to the Infiniti dealership, spoke with a saleslady for so long. Apparently the 2007 G35 coupe is going to be the same as the 2006, no changes, doesn't make sense to me, seeing as how alot of other makers launched new models this year.

The G35 was high on my list because of praticality, but the saleslady really soured me. I asked why there's no Brembo brakes on the 07, she said because Brembo wasn't that great....does she know what she's talking about? She asked me what other cars I am looking into, as soon as I mentioned a competitor, 335ci, she said BMW's were terrible at handling....does she know what she's talking about? I may not be the most knowledgable person in the world about cars, but it just seemed like she knew less than me. On top of that, she's been calling me everyday despite the fact that I told her I would call her next week. I hate pushy dealers; even if I buy a G35, it's not going to be from that dealer. Oh, if anyone was wondering, her offer was $47k+1k freight PDI, +7k taxes, with satnav, everything...seems a little high...especially with that money I can get a used Boxster S easily, maybe even a late model NSX.
jameschang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #95
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

55000 for a G35? You can't be serious. Even 47000 was way over priced just for the base. Just a quick MSN auto check says it lists MSRP: $31,200 - $33,800. I would say they are trying to rip you off bad.
BlackGT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:21 PM   #96
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

yea dude, run away from that dealership quick. you should be paying mid 30s for a g35 tops. theyre nice. and bmws dont handle bad shes lying out her ass. personally id get a z before a g35 but theyre basically the same.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:21 PM   #97
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

Wow that is a terrible dealership. 47k should get you a well equipped M35, not just a G35. As for the 07' model being the same, it does make sense because companies often try to release cars like this when BMW's equivalent isn't brand new. BMW is the class leader in $30-$40,000 sedans and coupes and it doesn't look like thats about to change. It makes sense to get new cars out in off years. Plus, the G35 coupe is very closely related to the 350z and we might not see too many upgrades in the G35c until the 350z is upgraded.

Brembos arn't that great? yea, mmhmm. Then why did you use them before?

BMW's don't handle well? then why have they won just about every comparison and sell much better? I would have walked away the second she said this.

Calling every single day is something that Toyota/Honda/Ford/Chevy/etc dealers tend to do, not something that luxury dealers should be doing. I have never seen this from a luxury dealership in my life.

Hopefully you will have better luck in the future.

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:22 PM   #98
jameschang
AF Newbie

I should've mentioned that the 55k or so that the G35 cost is in CDN. Still, most cars in the U.S. and Canada cost relatively the same, I don't understand why this isn't so with Infiniti.

Yes, it was strange because I've heard so many good things about Infiniti dealerships. Oddly enough 47k is actually a good price for a new G coupe, sticker with the options I wanted was 52k....I know everyone from the U.S. must be rollin' their eyes. So many things you can do with 52k.

She certainly didn't raise my confidence will all that she was saying. Even though it was a saleswomen, I felt like it I bent I would've had a sore ass.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:42 PM   #99
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

I forgot about that Canadian bit. I bet that Nissan/Infiniti imports fewer cars into Canada hence making them more expensive. The most attractive thing about Infiniti in America is that they are less expensive then the comparable BMW. It doesn't appear that this is true in Canada, so I really don't see the advantage to the Infiniti. Go check out a 335i and let us know what you think.

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #100
lamehonda
AF Enthusiast

I would spring for the new G35 sedan. 306 hp and cheap.

http://www.infiniti.com/g_sedan/phot...or_photos.html

and sexy as hell
2005 Nissan Frontier ext cab 4x4 4.0L-Sold
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500r-Sold
2004 Yamaha FZ1 Silver/Black- Sold
2008 Mazdaspeed 3-In the driveway
lamehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:04 PM   #101
GloriaJeans
AF Newbie

I like the IS350 Lexus because it's a straight six. However, last I checked it was 50k fully loaded, not 45k. The Lotus was around 90k, and I believe 911 was about the same price.

And about turning heads, I like the idea with a sport bike
GloriaJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:31 PM   #102
Hawkeeto
AF Newbie

GS 300??? I am in the same boat. In early spring I am getting a used 6. My limit is 55,000. It mean I know it will help with women. But I am absolutley in love with the car! It's my dream car. I figure while I'm young I want to enjoy my youth. Sooner or later I will have a wife and a family and that car wont be so practical
Hawkeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:31 AM   #103
jameschang
AF Newbie

Been pretty busy with work, finally got some chances to test drive some cars, and I know it's almost the opposite of this forum, but I've found practicality to be a little important now.

Basically it's down to these cars...does anyone own any of these? What do you think? What's more fun at the track?

G35 coupe
335ci
350z
TSX (the least likely but reliable)
Old 01-30-2007, 04:51 AM   #104
98BlackTransAm
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 98BlackTransAm

F13 cam (230/232, .595/.585, 112+4 LSA) | PRC Dual Valve Springs | LS2 Timing Chain | Ported LS6 oil pump | Pacesetter LT's | TSP catted y-pipe | Flowtech cutout | LS6 intake | SLP lid | SLP cat-back | Bilstein suspension | Tuned by Mayhem Motorsports

1998 Pontiac Trans Am (A4) - SOLD
slp lid, pacesetter lts, ory, flowtech cutout, fuddle 3400 stall, B&M tranny cooler
98BlackTransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:15 PM   #105
1966_GTO_
AF Newbie

Infinity G35
Nissan 350Z
Pontiac Sostice GXP
Saturn Sky Redline

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons