Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 12:40 PM   #16
Bloo Ice
AF Newbie

Hi. We have a 96 Grand Caravan SE 3.3. We also have a similar problem. The A/C and recovery lights used to flash for close to 40 minutes, but now it's down to 10-15. All other buttons work fine, just the lights don't work until that initial 10-15 minutes are up. The buttons are also sticky, leading me to believe someone spilled pop in there sometime in the past. I don't have rear air nor dual climate controls. My biggest problem is that the blower just quit today. In the past it would quit, and then it would just magically work a few hours, day or two later. Then, all speeds but 5 quit working, so I had to have it on FULL to have any air come out [not fun in the winter]. Now the blower has quit again. It did this a few days ago [the 4th], but then worked about 25 minutes after it quit. Well, it hasn't started back up yet today. I don't know if this is a problem in the panel or not, but will that little fix work for a 96 as well? Will it solve the blower problem [assuming it's in the panel]? thanks
Bloo Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:06 PM   #17
Bloo Ice
AF Newbie

Re: Flashing HVAC lights after new battery

I was to anxious and decided to reset the panel. After using a bunch of washer fluid [stickyiest button and my bad timing], it reset itself. The lights work! Yay. However, the blower still does not work. Any speed 1-4 acts as if the switch is off [A/C or recovery lights don't respond, doors don't move/open or anything], but if it's in 5 the doors open/move, lights respond, but no air is moved. Any ideas?

Also, when I turn recovery off I guess some door opens or something, but you hear a little whir for it to open or w/e, and then a clack clack clack clack pause clack clack, pause clack and then it's outside air. Going back to recovery is just a little whir and no clacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo Ice
Hi. We have a 96 Grand Caravan SE 3.3. We also have a similar problem. The A/C and recovery lights used to flash for close to 40 minutes, but now it's down to 10-15. All other buttons work fine, just the lights don't work until that initial 10-15 minutes are up. The buttons are also sticky, leading me to believe someone spilled pop in there sometime in the past. I don't have rear air nor dual climate controls. My biggest problem is that the blower just quit today. In the past it would quit, and then it would just magically work a few hours, day or two later. Then, all speeds but 5 quit working, so I had to have it on FULL to have any air come out [not fun in the winter]. Now the blower has quit again. It did this a few days ago [the 4th], but then worked about 25 minutes after it quit. Well, it hasn't started back up yet today. I don't know if this is a problem in the panel or not, but will that little fix work for a 96 as well? Will it solve the blower problem [assuming it's in the panel]? thanks
Bloo Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:59 AM   #18
Austringer84078
AF Newbie

After following all of your procedures, I still had the flashing lights problem. Then on the Snap-On tools site in "Tech-tips" I found the same procedures except this time I noticed they said to have the A/C turned off during the recalibration. I missed that before. When I made sure the A/C was off the recalibrations worked fine.

Thanks for all your help!
Austringer84078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:58 PM   #19
rh37
AF Newbie

thanks

Thanks guys. The fix worked like a charm. My 96 grand caravan got a new battery last week, and the flashing lights too. Guy who put in the battery couldn't figure it out, said to go back to the dealer who probably had the reset codes. Before spending the time and $$ (always) to visit my friendly local dodge service department i figured i'd do a google search first...googled "grand caravan flashing console lights" and got a link to this forum. After registering, i searched on the forum and found this thread. Printed out the instructions, went out to the old van, and it was fixed in minutes! My best auto repair experience in a long time. Thanks again. This forum is great.
rh37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:18 PM   #20
jtapoling
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to jtapoling
Smile This site is awesome!

Thanks to everyone on this site for saving me 100 + dollars in technician costs. My 97 T&C had a battery go bad so I changed it and just like the rest of you all 4 lights started flashing. I read the information in this forum and within 5 minutes I had the problem fixed. I am making this officially my designated site for my tech related questions. And just for everyones information I asked 3 of the technicians I work with at Elk River Ford Dodge & Jeep in Minnesota about the problem and not one of them answered the question with an answer even close to this forum. Thanks again
jtapoling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:28 AM   #21
jennieg0607
AF Newbie

I have done all this but still am having problems. Now my recirc light and A/C lights keep blinking! Why is this?
jennieg0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:42 PM   #22
Tina King
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Tina King
Re: This site is awesome!

I'm having the ame problem. I have tried every variation of what this thread says to do, and I still have the 2 lights blinking and the A/C and the recir. don't work until after they stop blinking. Usually by the time I get to work and don't need them.
Tina King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:55 PM   #23
ackenton
AF Newbie

Re: Re: This site is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina King
I'm having the ame problem. I have tried every variation of what this thread says to do, and I still have the 2 lights blinking and the A/C and the recir. don't work until after they stop blinking. Usually by the time I get to work and don't need them.

I have the same general problem (4 lights blinking) on my 1997 Ply G. Voyager. I found this link and solution and will try this tonight. I need to study the above obviously useful thread if I have probs below.

http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/What_do_flashing_lights_on_the_rear_window_wiper_a nd_ac_buttons_mean_on_a_'98_Plymouth_Voyager_van

Answer
My 97 Voyager has done the same thing. It was control panel programing, the following instructions is how to program your control panel: 1) SET BLOWER ON HIGH 2) SET MODE TO PANEL 3) SET TEMP TO COLD 4) PRESS WASH AND REAR WIPER TOGATHER AND HOLD FOR 5 SEC. IT WILL GO THROUGH A SERIES OF FLASHING, WHEN DONE THE REAR WIPER SHOULD BE THE ONLY ONE FLASHING PRESS REAR WIPER TO EXIT. DO THIS WITH VAN RUNNING. This worked for my 1997 Voyager. I hope it works for yours.
ackenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:01 PM   #24
Tina King
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Tina King
Re: Re: This site is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina King
I have tried all the different ways that this thread has said to try and the 2 lights are STILL flashing. Let me know how you made out with it.
Tina King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 02:32 PM   #25
edward teura
AF Newbie

Thumbs up flashing lights

thanks guys for the info no more flashing lights.
ka kite uno new zealand.
edward teura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:56 PM   #26
asummers
AF Newbie

had the same 2 flashing lights......A/C and Recirc.
what i did was turn the ignition to ON and with lights flashing pressed the A/C and the rear washer buttons at the same time..........this lit up ALL lights on this panel for a few seconds, then only the two original lights were left flashing,BUT alternately, not in unison as before.........the recalibration followed and then all lights went off.
i did start the van at some point but can't remember exactly when........i think it was when all the lights came on at the beginning...sorry!
asummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 03:03 PM   #27
vipergg
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: This site is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackenton
I have the same general problem (4 lights blinking) on my 1997 Ply G. Voyager. I found this link and solution and will try this tonight. I need to study the above obviously useful thread if I have probs below.

http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/What_do_flashing_lights_on_the_rear_window_wiper_a nd_ac_buttons_mean_on_a_'98_Plymouth_Voyager_van

Answer
My 97 Voyager has done the same thing. It was control panel programing, the following instructions is how to program your control panel: 1) SET BLOWER ON HIGH 2) SET MODE TO PANEL 3) SET TEMP TO COLD 4) PRESS WASH AND REAR WIPER TOGATHER AND HOLD FOR 5 SEC. IT WILL GO THROUGH A SERIES OF FLASHING, WHEN DONE THE REAR WIPER SHOULD BE THE ONLY ONE FLASHING PRESS REAR WIPER TO EXIT. DO THIS WITH VAN RUNNING. This worked for my 1997 Voyager. I hope it works for yours.

That is correct , that's the official procedure right out of the factory manual.
vipergg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 03:06 PM   #28
vipergg
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Flashing HVAC lights after new battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo Ice
I was to anxious and decided to reset the panel. After using a bunch of washer fluid [stickyiest button and my bad timing], it reset itself. The lights work! Yay. However, the blower still does not work. Any speed 1-4 acts as if the switch is off [A/C or recovery lights don't respond, doors don't move/open or anything], but if it's in 5 the doors open/move, lights respond, but no air is moved. Any ideas?

Also, when I turn recovery off I guess some door opens or something, but you hear a little whir for it to open or w/e, and then a clack clack clack clack pause clack clack, pause clack and then it's outside air. Going back to recovery is just a little whir and no clacking.
You need to get the blower motor resistor replaced , 2 of your speeds are gone , when you go to those speeds it kills the power and parks the blend door in the closed position which is clicking you are hearing . it's about $50 at the dealer or less than $20 for the part.
vipergg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:00 PM   #29
hdd2
AF Newbie

tried every pattern above.

97 caravan se

the two wiper buttons and the two air buttons (air c and recirc) continue to flash afterwards....

help
hdd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:00 PM   #30
richard86
AF Newbie

Hey , BE PATIENT, I went to reset my 97 Voyager and had my recirc and AC lights flashing!! Tried again and waited long enough that they went out and only top left light slowly flashed. Shut van down and restart and it now works perfectly. Hope this helps some of the two light flashing people like me. Thanks big time to those that posted the solution to this problem helped me out huge!!!!!
richard86 is offline   Reply With Quote