Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Lingenfelter Corvette or Hennessey Viper?
Lingenfelter Corvette 34 70.83%
Hennessey Viper 14 29.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 09:21 PM   #46
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
The Vette, simply because Hennessey doesn't know shit about working on cars and screws people over. However, a properly modded Viper has my vote.
Old 01-24-2003, 01:46 AM   #47
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
there's a good write up about hennessey in the issue of of road & track (?) that i mentioned...

and they talked about his "sketchiness" and what not... i'll see if i can find it and throw it up in here... it posts him in a fair light, not just the usual "he screws people over"... they talked to him, as they knew about the issues, and he gave his side, so it's a more even argument at least...
Old 02-25-2003, 06:36 PM   #48
Pick
AF Fanatic

Corvette-nuf said.
Old 03-02-2003, 02:30 PM   #49
speeder94
AF Enthusiast

covette has always been the best and it will always be
Old 03-02-2003, 03:17 PM   #50
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
Quote:
Originally posted by speeder94
covette has always been the best and it will always be
no actually it isn't, and wont always be, the new Viper SRT-10 beats it in performance by a shitload. there are countless cars that can beat it. judging by all of your other posts you are just a Chevy/Corvette fan boy.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

There is NO replacement, for displacement...

2007 Kawasaki ZX10-R S.E.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:41 PM   #51
FYRHWK1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FYRHWK1
Quote:
Originally posted by v10_viper

no actually it isn't, and wont always be, the new Viper SRT-10 beats it in performance by a shitload. there are countless cars that can beat it. judging by all of your other posts you are just a Chevy/Corvette fan boy.
well, considering as how the current viper is roughly a half second faster through the 1/4 mile, and doesn't particularly handle any better then a Z06, for th eprice the corvette is at the top of it's league, and theres always the new gen corvette to go against the new SRT-10, the gap won't be far at all.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:53 PM   #52
GT-R4life
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by TatII
lingenfelter corvette. 0-60 in 1.97 seconds, 0-100 in 4.33 seconds. nuff said.

Indeed. I'm going with the vette.
Old 03-13-2003, 02:23 PM   #53
bdanstrong
AF Newbie

Angry Brads Comments on the Vette vs. Viper

It seems like you know how to read the g-ratings of the viper and vette but thats about it. Your comment "anyone can make a car go fast in a 1/4 mile is rediculous. How fast is your car in the quarter mile? and if it was as simple as gears he wouldnt be posting a mph of over 150. Stick to reading the magazines not analyzing Hi performance genious like lingenfelter. also lingenfelter gives a 2 year 24000 mile warranty on his twin turbo setups. So if it only goes to 10k miles as you say, which I feel pretty confident you dont own one, send it back. Also anyone who has built a car with more than 500 or 600 horsepower they know its not supposed to be reliable. its high performance. Have a nice day everyone.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:07 AM   #54
JMS
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by v10_viper

lol. Motor Trend did a comparison between the Vette Z06 and the Viper ACR. The vette apparently kicked its ass. The only thing the viper did good in was the 1/4 mile.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:58 AM   #55
bdanstrong
AF Newbie

Angry JMS must know brad

JMS do you know brad, you talk the same.

First of all Lingenfelter has won the super tuner award more times than I can count. If you remember last years supertuner shootout. Yeah I do neither the hennessy viper or the other viper could even finish the competition. I am simply saying read the facts. 9 out of 10 times a lingenfelter setup will smack the shit out of any hennessy setup you can compare whatever numbers you want or make whatever arguments you want but history tells the tail. Lingenfelters vette stomped the AWD Twin turbo porche. I know it sucks but just admit it. Lingenfelter has better setups. you may like mopar shit that is fine. but at least admit the facts.
have a nice day.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:33 AM   #56
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by JMS

lol. Motor Trend did a comparison between the Vette Z06 and the Viper ACR. The vette apparently kicked its ass. The only thing the viper did good in was the 1/4 mile.
I hate to break it to you, but the Viper's least best at the 1/4 mile. The Z06 is more forgiving, but the Viper is a track car. It is hard to handle but in the hands of an experienced driver it will thrash a Vette in the twisties.

I don't get why people think that the Viper can't handle. As for Motor Trend, they have a bias against Chrysler and always have. They hardly have any good articles on Mopars. And any magazine that would give the Chevy Avalanche the truck of the year over the new Ram last year is STUPID. If you're going to be a magazine ricer, you should at least get a better magazine.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:13 PM   #57
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon

I hate to break it to you, but the Viper's least best at the 1/4 mile. The Z06 is more forgiving, but the Viper is a track car. It is hard to handle but in the hands of an experienced driver it will thrash a Vette in the twisties.

I don't get why people think that the Viper can't handle. As for Motor Trend, they have a bias against Chrysler and always have. They hardly have any good articles on Mopars. And any magazine that would give the Chevy Avalanche the truck of the year over the new Ram last year is STUPID. If you're going to be a magazine ricer, you should at least get a better magazine.
Well the main reason the Avalanche was given the truck of the year was b/c of the whole functionality of it. And besides most magazines are Chevy biased except the ones written specifically for a certain brand.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:24 PM   #58
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
i just reread this whole thing... and there's some really funny posts...

from the same post...

Quote:
These cars are built for one thing, and that is straight line drag racing.
Quote:
1/4 mile times are irrelevant because there is a good chance that Lingenfelter is running some stupid gears like 4.04 against the Vipers 3.07's. You can make ANY car do quick 1/4 miles...
and in a later post... the rear gearing of the vette is noted...

Quote:
Transmission: Rossler 4L60-E auto
Axle ratio: 3.42:1
Final-drive ratio: 2.39:1
sounds like some people don't really want to admit defeat...

simple fact is that the hennessy and lingenfelter cost the same, but can't compete. the vette is better. end of story...
Quote:
Tell me why the exact engine block that Lingenfelter uses (which is the C5R motor, needs to be refreshed after every single race? Tell me why the Viper race engines would go for 4 or 5 races between rebuilds?
that's funny.

you think that the viper motor really sat, without being rebuilt b/n races?

naive...

there's also a statement about the viper being faster stock than a vette...
and?

your point is?

it cost about 30-40k more than a zo6, has about 100 more hp, it's only a couple tenths faster, doesn't handle as well as the vette, and you're touting that as it being better than a zo6?

that almost makes sense...
Old 05-15-2003, 06:34 PM   #59
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
it cost about 30-40k more than a zo6, has about 100 more hp, it's only a couple tenths faster, doesn't handle as well as the vette, and you're touting that as it being better than a zo6?

that almost makes sense...
well with as much horsepower as the Viper has it is hard to get grip, go to any thread about the Vipers performance and you'll find issues about traction, shoulda thought about that before you said it didn't make sense

Quote:

Well said.

Quote:
Yeah I do neither the hennessy viper or the other viper could even finish the competition.
If your talking about the most recen one done by Car and Driver, your full of it, all the Vipers finished, and the TNT Viper got shit on because of their sound limits. I personally would like to see the Vette tested with it's stock size tires, lets see it do a 0-60 in 1.97 seconds there, doubt it, although i'll admit they are damn fast, i do know that and wont deny that it's faster than the 800TT but put thos 26 inch tires that are mounted on the 16 inch rim on the Viper and I bet it's close, if not faster, but defianetly closer. As far as Mopar, it is no where near shit, farther from it than any other american company. Prove it you say?? Lets see anyone build a 655 CID engine that bolts up to stock trannys and for you ricer boys, it makes well over 100 hp per litre.

Quote:
that was a stupid statement, realize these are magazine editors testing supercars?? they dont know how to drive it, the Viper needs plenty of experience, finally they brought in a proffessional driver, and the Viper performed amazing, and also broke records. BUT, as FYRHWK said, the Vette is the best bang for the buck. It's very possible the new C6 might perform better than the new Vipers, but we'll just see....

Old 05-15-2003, 06:35 PM   #60
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

BTW, have you seen dyno graphs of a Viper, have you seen how flat it's torqe curves are and hp, you can hardly call them curves, no other car out there thas power like that.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons