Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 10:18 AM   #16
waltham41
AF Regular

Re: Brake and antilock lights come on (92 Caravan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody
damn. maybe the guy that worked on it didn't do a good job, or the parts they used were also defective, man... well I guess this kind of thing can happen. All I want it to get mine fixed and see myself.

I like this old 92 T&C its nice other than these break deals.

I had a 88 caravan new from 88 to a couple weeks ago when it got stole and messed up the trans, I got it back and took it to the junk yard, got 125 for it so I figure i only gave 875 for this 92 T&C, for that I can wait for the parts, if its not any better I can always get 800
Im hoping that it is a simple thing like a bad wire connection or air in the lines, but worse case I suppose that I will have to wait another year for another pump (sigh)
waltham41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #17
waltham41
AF Regular

Quote:
BTW waltham did you have a problem with your rear break lights staying on when you had this problem? My van also seems to want to keep the rear break lights on when I stop and turn off the van, I have to re depress the peddle again to get them to turn off, I'm wondering if this is caused by this ABS deal too, maybe due to some preassure in the line, I don just thinkin. One guy on another site said there was a switch behind the break arm, but i haven't seen it. Just wonder if you had the same kind of problem.
Sorry, I didnt have that problem. It does sound like a switch somethere out of adjustment though. I hope you find it. Have you looked in a Chiltons or Haynes book to see where the switch is?
Old 04-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #18
Hoody
AF Newbie

OK, well I checked with parts today, they said the items will be in the 28th so it won't be a year for me

BTW walt, could you post the problem they found after you went back to have it looked at after they did the repairs. I'd like to know myself just to be on the alert.
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:35 PM   #19
waltham41
AF Regular

Red face Re: Brake and antilock lights come on (92 Caravan)

Quote:
OK, well I checked with parts today, they said the items will be in the 28th so it won't be a year for me

BTW walt, could you post the problem they found after you went back to have it looked at after they did the repairs. I'd like to know myself just to be on the alert.
They said that the Cab module either put out or sensed a low voltage reading (dont remember which) and the ABS light came on and i did not have ABS for a bit. It seems to have went away for the time being, so since it only affects the ABS and not the main braking system , I am going to keep an eye on it and keep driving the vehicle
Old 04-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #20
wafrederick
Banned

Take it to the dealer to get the abs codes read.Chrysler does not give out abs info,I believe 1997 and down.An aftermarket scan tool will not read the codes and the only scan tool that will read the codes is Chrysler's factory scan tool DRB III
wafrederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:20 PM   #21
waltham41
AF Regular

Smile Re: Brake and antilock lights come on (92 Caravan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafrederick
Take it to the dealer to get the abs codes read.Chrysler does not give out abs info,I believe 1997 and down.An aftermarket scan tool will not read the codes and the only scan tool that will read the codes is Chrysler's factory scan tool DRB III

The dealer is the one that read the error for me, and then cleared the codes

Thanks
Old 04-17-2006, 08:33 PM   #22
Hoody
AF Newbie

Did clearing the codes fix your problem? cause now I see you say you need a cab module too?
Old 04-17-2006, 08:43 PM   #23
waltham41
AF Regular

The abs light came on briefly but had went back out before I got it back up for them to look at again, my fingers are crossed that it will stay that way for a bit at least. They did clear the codes, so only time will tell.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:10 PM   #24
Hoody
AF Newbie

Well Walt

looks like it may well be a while longer on them ABS parts, I checked today with the deraler, seems they have 300 of these on back order, it must be a real "popular" repair job for these guys. I'm glad at least in in the "system" in case chrysler decides this is getting too expensive, since they are honoring the recall on any model year with any milage for now and may decide to cut it off at some point.

So now I was told it would be till mid June before the parts are in, well see.....

Old 05-02-2006, 10:59 PM   #25
waltham41
AF Regular

I hope it doesnt take as long as it did to get mine fixed. Knock on wood, things are working fine at this time.

Last edited by waltham41; 05-02-2006 at 11:03 PM. Reason: responded to wrong post
Old 05-03-2006, 10:28 AM   #26
Hoody
AF Newbie

I hope not too, since here in VA we have an annual inspection to do, and I was told with the ABS light on it wouldn't pass state inspection. I told the dealer that just in case they forgot.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:18 PM   #27
Hoody
AF Newbie

Well its been since March that these ABS parts for my 92 T&C were on order for the recall on the bendix 10 system. I had to contact Chrysler Customer Service to get some response, right now I'm in contact with some dude named Robert who at least is calling me now and than on the progress he is or isn't making. It seems the dealership didn't put a "high" priority on the order to start with, so he did that at least, and now has to go even higher to DMPAR man.... so maybe Waltham41 was right about waiting a year for his.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #28
Hoody
AF Newbie

Angry Re: Brake and antilock lights come on (92 Caravan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltham41
I hope it doesnt take as long as it did to get mine fixed. Knock on wood, things are working fine at this time.

Waltham41 if you see this get back to me.

I'm at my end here with waiting for these damned parts, have called Chrysler Customer Support 1-800-922-1997, to a rep named Robert, several times on this thing, and the dealer, Crossroads Chrysler 804-733-4664, no one seems to know where these parts come from or when they would ever arrive. I even called Bendix and got a call back from a Jeff Cook , 248-669-4868, that stated that Bendix no longer makes these parts, that they sold that to Bosch. Which I can't get hold of.

If its possible, and you still have the box your parts came in can you get me the information on the shipping label? like where they came from. If you don't have that maybe the dealer where you had yours fixed still has the address from where they got the parts.

I'm making a long log on this crap and will soon go to my help on your side TV station, and see if they can find out where these parts come from. I mean damn man they have to order them from someone.

Seems to me if Chrysler has a recall on these and can't get parts, than they should just buy it back at the going rate or do a trade on a comperable item.

This is getting crazy .... Thanks
Old 07-25-2006, 08:15 PM   #29
waltham41
AF Regular

I am sorry to see that you are having to wait for your parts so long also, I asked my local dealer why they took so long to get the part, and they said they ordered it through Dodge and that because it was such an old vehicle that is what took so long to get it. I cant even begin to guess where in the parts chain the part actually came from.

Your best bet may be to go to the television station and see if that puts a fire under their rears, because after all, the part does have a life time warranty on the recall.

It seems that you can actually buy the part remanufactured for not too bad prices at various places on the internet, but I think they are probably a real pain in the rear to replace.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:52 PM   #30
Hoody
AF Newbie

thanks for getting back, but I was hoping to have some sort of address from where the dumb parts came from so I could have something to give these parts experts.

That guy from Bendix did tell me the numbers for the recall parts were R47040086 and R4509292 I'm not sure though if thats part no or recall no..

I called the dealer again and the parts manager wants to put some kind of pump kit in it, but I told him I want the damned master cyl and accumulator fixed whic is one unit and what is under recall. I'm worried if i let them do something else they may say thats all they have to do.

By any chance if you do or anyone have a POC for these parts, let me know.

Also I called AutoZone and they said that this was not available through them, only the dealer can get this part. wow... I figured if AutoZone had it in stock I'd go right to the parts manager and let him know where he can get it.

Thanks.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager