Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 10:48 PM   #16
lilguyK9
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to lilguyK9 Send a message via Yahoo to lilguyK9
since i own a civic i think they KICK ASS!

Sup people Honda's are the most preffered cars to race so i dunt know about those US cars.
Now this is my ride!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lowridercar03.jpg (54.3 KB, 565 views)
Old 11-29-2001, 04:06 AM   #17
p_r_i_m_e_r_a
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to p_r_i_m_e_r_a
I won't
Old 11-29-2001, 07:42 AM   #18
Darkwing
AF Enthusiast

lilguyk9, that is impressive to look at! What engine is that and what kind of numbers are you running!?
Old 11-29-2001, 05:02 PM   #19
Ktulu
AF Regular

Everyone seems to underestimate the Mustang now these days

However, the 99+ stang gt is the fastest production mustang ever bosting a 1/4 mile timeslip of just over 14 seconds. Thats really not bad for a 21,000 dollar car. True, they don't handle great, for a performance car anyway (.84 compared to a 32,000 dallar camero ss that only gets .85 on the skidpad). They handle better than a stock civic (not to bash on civics though caus I love them and am about to buy one) and have great potential especially with companies out there like Steeda.
In my opinion, the mustang cobra (01 model only) is one of the best bang for the buck cars out there (along with the corvett zo6) bosting independent suspension and putting out 320 horsies at the crank. Now to me, thats pretty damn good for a baseline price of only 28,000.
One of my favorite cars right now is the vett zo6. I can't remember exactly but the horsepower is about 365. What is really impressive about it though is that it gets right under a 1.0g on the skidpad. Thats really impressive given the 50,000 dollar pricetag.

Please don't be ignorant and educate yourselves. American cars suck...my ass they do.

O, and one more thing, they sound soooo much better than imports (with the exception of the WRX :-).
Old 11-29-2001, 08:09 PM   #20
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Re: since i own a civic i think they KICK ASS!

Quote:
Originally posted by lilguyK9
Sup people Honda's are the most preffered cars to race so i dunt know about those US cars.
Now this is my ride!
??? I dont even race other import cars unless they are a Supra, 300ZX, RX7 or an NSX. But there are pleanty of Stangs, LS1, Vettes and Vipers that can and do hand me my ass. Hondas and accuras aren't worth the time since there are so few fast ones out there. Its like one in 20,000 that actually has any mods and probably one in 75000 that is actually fast.

Honda prefered for racing? Sorry dude, but thats just stupid. Sure there are fast ass hondas out there, but they are few and far between and hardly the preferred car to race in.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 11-29-2001, 08:20 PM   #21
lilguyK9
AF Newbie

well I pick up this legendary JDM B16A in Montreal. And rite now it runs with impressive results of 152.4 hp and 107.7 ft-lbs torque

I also did a nitro instalation which is workin great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lowridercar05.jpg (37.8 KB, 518 views)
Old 11-29-2001, 08:57 PM   #22
lilguyK9
AF Newbie

what IS the best car to race?
I just upgraded my honda and it can pull 152 hps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lowridercar03.jpg (54.3 KB, 512 views)
Old 11-30-2001, 09:20 AM   #23
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Quote:
Originally posted by lilguyK9
what IS the best car to race?
I just upgraded my honda and it can pull 152 hps.
That depends on the race at hand. Its hard to beat the VR4 in a stop light to stop light race. With 320hp stock and AWD it launches with the best on the planet. For highway speeds a LS1 (C5 Vette, Camero SS or Trans Am WS6) can be king of the hill.

I dont this to degenerate into the tired arguement of this mod vs that mod on different cars. Any car can be made to go fast, but I only consider cars that you dont have to ask yourself if they are fast. You just know it by the model.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 12-01-2001, 12:14 PM   #24
blatch
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to blatch Send a message via AIM to blatch
well. it all depends. a 3kgt is a hella fast car. but it's not nimble. at all. a civic, with, say, a b18c5 (type r) is a nimble little bastard, but for straightline stuff, from a stop a vr-4 kinda rocks all. i wanna see a vr-4 with turbo intakes vs a skyline.

blatch likes caffeine.
Old 12-01-2001, 02:56 PM   #25
VortechCivicSTL
AF Newbie

Thumbs down Is this real???

why are we even having this conversation???

the whole import vs. domestic debate is pointless.

it doesn't matter who is better, or what is better.

all that matters is WHAT you choose to do with WHAT you have.

It is the tuner or owner that makes a car dope, not the nation or stereotypes that surround it.

SORRY, i had to sound like a jackass to get my point across.
BUT people who think their Tempos can take me are str8 mangled.

NOW THIS IS AN IMPORT!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mariko001.jpg (76.0 KB, 482 views)

"If you steppin' to me wif a weapon you'll be reppin' ya click in a box"

-www.kwur.wustl.edu-SAT 8-10pm
0o+ Only the Freshest Jungle +o0
Old 12-01-2001, 03:20 PM   #26
VortechCivicSTL
AF Newbie

Question LILGUYK9....cmon mon

OK...you claim that that is your car...on both this thread and the 'show your car' thread. That is not your car. The engine in the picture is not a B16a, those are not NOS mountings, IT HAS A FUZZY F*CKING STEERING WHEEL FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! [refer to page 4 of other thread]

the person who owns that car does NOT kick out an 'impressive' 152hp...they kick out well over 200 given the work done to the engine; let alone the additional boost coming from the ?alcohol? system in the ?trunk?

either way both the real owner of the car and yourself have made some very bad descisions; he in real life, and you on this board.

if you dont know shit about cars, and/or are 16 and drive your moms DX 10mph over the limit and can barely compose a correct sentence to post....that's fine, we're still down....

but dont set yourself up for this criticism. if you are like me, and dont have a pic of your car scanned...then live with it, and dont post someone else's ride.

ULTRA SELF-RIGHTEOUSLY YOURS,
The Fastcode

:smoker2:

2000Si/Black/Vortech SCS/Volk Wheels/Nitto 555s/ClutchMasters Stage4/Apexi VTEC AFC and Boost controller/Apexi Tach/Skunk2 Susp./PIAA bulbs and fogs [G5]/Altezza REAL carbon fiber-housed tail lights/NOT clear corners/AEM fuel rails/Apexi N1 cat-back/DC headers/DC strut braces/Koni shocks/MOMO steering wheel/Tenzo R race-weighted shifter/1000w Rockford Fosgate system w MP3 head/your momma in the motherf*kin' trunk!

289 hp - 208 ft/lbs - 11.203

BLAH BLAH BLAH!! IM DONE!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flyerhead.jpg (23.1 KB, 479 views)

"If you steppin' to me wif a weapon you'll be reppin' ya click in a box"

-www.kwur.wustl.edu-SAT 8-10pm
0o+ Only the Freshest Jungle +o0
Old 12-18-2001, 02:25 PM   #27
J SPEC SilEighty
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to J SPEC SilEighty
Re: LILGUYK9....cmon mon

Quote:
Originally posted by VortechCivicSTL

OK...you claim that that is your car...on both this thread and the 'show your car' thread. That is not your car. The engine in the picture is not a B16a, those are not NOS mountings, IT HAS A FUZZY F*CKING STEERING WHEEL FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! [refer to page 4 of other thread]

the person who owns that car does NOT kick out an 'impressive' 152hp...they kick out well over 200 given the work done to the engine; let alone the additional boost coming from the ?alcohol? system in the ?trunk?

either way both the real owner of the car and yourself have made some very bad descisions; he in real life, and you on this board.

if you dont know shit about cars, and/or are 16 and drive your moms DX 10mph over the limit and can barely compose a correct sentence to post....that's fine, we're still down....

but dont set yourself up for this criticism. if you are like me, and dont have a pic of your car scanned...then live with it, and dont post someone else's ride.

ULTRA SELF-RIGHTEOUSLY YOURS,
The Fastcode
Hey dude, I agree. I have seen many people on Instant Messanger claiming to have these full blown street cars. They show me a pic that I have seen on many sites and I think, well it could be there car. So then I just ask them a few easy questions about their car and they blow it. They don't have a clue what they are talking about. BTW, those two "nitrous bottles" in his trunk look like hydrolic cylinders to me.

Now, I'm only 15 turning 16 January 4th and I don't bullshit about cars that I own online. I tell everyone that I only have my permit and I still have to drive with my parents. But LILGUYK9, like VortechCivicSTL said, it's cool if you don't know stuff about cars, just don't bullshit.
Old 12-18-2001, 10:46 PM   #28
G2002
AF Enthusiast

Amen to that. That guy has been going around all the fourms swearing that, that hooked up accord is actually his. He even tryed to convince people that it was a modifyed civic How stupid can he be. Then he goes and proclaims he put a 6 speed manual transmission in there and is dumb enough to show a pic and it is nothing more then an automatic tranny with modifide gear selector and a shift boot to make it seem as if it were manual. This dude obviusly know jack about his fantasy car or any car in general. He sounds like some lil kid that rides around town on his bike with the coke can on the back tire to sound like a motorcycle, nicely accompanyed by the honda sign and vtec stickers becuase he can afford a real car. People like him must enjoy makin there selves look like asses, cause all they are, are wannabe's who got nuttin :finger:
Old 12-18-2001, 11:40 PM   #29
madtownhonda
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to madtownhonda
haha...I should bastardize this lil bish and his posts, faker

as for the Import vs. fast imports vs. Domestics

who the fuck cares...seriously...a civic is a fucking econobox, gas saving, low insurance payment, torqueless wonder of a car

a LS1 is a muscle car, all out I will kick your ass, rear wheel drive, high insurance payment vehicular mode of transportation

I can't afford payments on an LS1, I can however afford insurance on a $2000 70hp () Civic CX...as for which is faster, racing in a straight line means nothing to me, racing on an oval means shit to me, racing on a road coarse is where the real drivers come to play is good for me.....although I do none of the above, I enjoy having a car that handles like a go cart and when I want to open it up, it goes as fast as I need it to go, gets 30mpg, and I pay a grand total of $160 a month on it including gas, insurance, and payments.
Old 12-19-2001, 07:25 AM   #30
delsolguy
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to delsolguy
Hondas are slow. Yes even the S2K and NSX (unless it happens to be equipped with some GruppeM parts).

Domestic V8s are fast. Bottom line. You can't argue with RWD and displacement.

If you are about straight line, stop light to stop light, punch-it-at-65-on-the-highway kinda racing, a Honda is not for you. Granted, there are a few fast street Hondas out there, but they're few and far between.

Basic Mods completed. Dreaming of a set of cams...